Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Market

<<

Encaitar

Lance Carrier

Post 07 Nov 2011, 13:50

And once again in case people don't remember: Fog of war will be OPTIONAL, players can choose whether they want it. (and the host in multiplayer games)
And what about single player?
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 07 Nov 2011, 15:12

I think they will make it optional too, maybe just permanently turn it off for the original campaigns.

I also would like the fans who made campaigns about how they want fog of war in their campaign.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 08 Nov 2011, 00:50

In the single maps and campaign menus we might have an options screen which lets you tweak these values. The person who made the map/campaign can set the defaults but the user can overwrite them. If someone wants to try the original campaign with fog of war, they are allowed to, (it might be an interesting and more challenging take on the campaigns) but it will be off by default as that's the way they were intended to be.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Nov 2011, 01:02

Okay, just an idea, but I'm wondering if it would be prudent to have the market unlocked after the sawmill is built? The sawmill kind of is the transition from village to town (since it unlocks most of the industry buildings) and this would also prevent players from being slowed WAY down because they accidentally spent their last gold.
just an idea. i previously heard to mentioned by someone else on the forum. Perhaps it should be added to the "Open to discussion on the official Remake ideas?" :)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 11 Nov 2011, 02:56

I think you're right Ben, I don't like where it is unlocked and a number of people have asked me about this. I guess a reason to make it be unlocked at a different time is to add some variation to the game, but I think after building the sawmill is the moment you make your decision about the tech you will focus on (e.g. you might go for early iron mines, or lots of farms, or a market to trade stone and wood to weapons)
I'll ask Krom what he thinks.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Nov 2011, 06:38

Will there be an option available to scripters to disable a certain ware that can be traded in the market? I have longed for this several times since the building was introduced.
The reason behind this idea is that in some maps a certain resource may be missing, (let's say stone), and the player will start with e.g. 3900.
I don't want players trading that stone off, though.
Again, another idea.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 13 Nov 2011, 01:08

Well there wasn't half an hour ago, but there is now :D
  Code:
!BLOCK_TRADE <WARE_ID>[/quote] You'll need to put this command for each player that you want the ware to be blocked for. I did it this way because you might want some players (e.g. The Tyrant) to be able to trade different wares to the other players. Krom also added another command the other day: [code]!ADD_WARE_TO <HOUSE_TYPE_ID> <HOUSE_NUMBER> <WARE_ID> <QUANTITY>[/quote] This command can add a ware to ANY house. Yep, that means you can make your inn start full of food, or your towers, or whatever you like :) That should be useful too. <HOUSE_TYPE_ID> - Script ID for the house, e.g. 13 = schoolhouse <HOUSE_NUMBER> - The specific house of this type that you want the ware to be added to. 1 will be the first house of this type occurring in the script, 2 will be the second, etc. <WARE_ID> - Script ID for the ware, e.g. 3 = iron ore <QUANTITY> - Number of wares to add Don't do anything stupid like add iron ore to the inn or add more than 5 resources to a house other than the storehouse, market and barracks. That will probably crash it or cause a crash later during the game :P If there's any other scripting features that you'd really like please write about them. I hope this helps :) Lewin. P.S. If you want a new build to test this send me an email.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Nov 2011, 03:43

Thanks Lewin, these seem really cool. Starting with buildings full of resources will definitely make it seem like the town was running before that start of the mission ^^
P.S. If you want a new build to test this send me an email.
I'm not quite sure what you meant by this, but are you asking if I want to send you a mission so you can put the code in and then send it back so I can see this?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 13 Nov 2011, 04:11

What I meant was would you like me to send you an unofficial build of the Remake so you can test your mission with the new commands.
There are some other things that have changed, e.g. the barracks is now not limited to 255 of each weapon type. This means that in your mission the serfs spend the entire game moving weapons from the storehouse to the barracks and never fill the inn or watch towers :P They've already moved ~200 horses to the barracks while I was writing this :P Actually this might give us some issues in other missions, I can't remember how KaM handles this... Maybe weapons from the storehouse to barracks should be lower priority than other deliveries... but I'm not sure.
So you should change that, just put all of the weapons in the barracks to start with.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Nov 2011, 04:17

I think that, in KaM, serfs will place weapons in the barracks until it reaches 255, which is when they start putting them in the storehouse.
I'll do a quick test.

EDIT
Just tested it. Serfs will bring a maximum of 200 weapons into the barracks. After that limit is reached they will take the weapons to a storehouse.

By the way, I would love to have a the next Remake to my new missions. This will help me get more missions done before the next Remake is finished :wink:
Is there a limit on resources in the storehouse?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 13 Nov 2011, 05:27

Thanks for testing! I've modified it to work like this:
- A delivery from storehouse -> barracks will be made lowest priority if there are >50 of that resource in the barracks. This means that if you build your barracks late and have a lot of weapons in the storehouse, 50 of these will still be delivered at the same priority as other things but after they will become lowest priority and will only be taken when no other jobs are available.
- All deliveries have a small random element added to them, so in cases where the distance of the delivery is the same and there is no other factor to decide which should happen first, they will be chosen randomly.

So with the new changes your mission looks like this: Serfs fill the watchtowers, school and do jobs in the farming village, THEN they start transporting random weapons to the barracks.

Previously it looked like this: Serfs take horses to the barracks and do no other deliveries.
Obviously this is much better, so thanks for your help :)
<<

Juba

Barbarian

Post 13 Nov 2011, 08:32

I haven't played Kam or Remake since the first demo due lack of time (I just visit the forums :P).

Let's say you have all military equipment and horses at storehouse. Can you block certain deliviries to barracks (in similar way the storehouse works)? E.g. if you want to prioritize in crossbowman training, you obviously want crossbows to be delivered first. I don't remember whether you could do this while playing the original game or not.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 13 Nov 2011, 10:22

No you can't block individual deliveries to the barracks (you can block them all like other houses) and there was no way to do this in KaM either. Do people think this is necessary? I've never found a need for it myself, I don't think I've ever built multiple barracks'.
I guess it could be useful if you have lots of weapons in the storehouse then build your barracks later, what do people think?
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 13 Nov 2011, 10:51

Well I've made multiple barracks' in multiplayer (you might even remember it or see it on one of Shadaoe's videos. In the bottom right corner of the map with the long bridge I had a second barracks). I think it would be enough to have serfs bring the weapons to the closest barracks. And since it is possible to close your barracks you could even have weapons transported from the other side of the village to your second barracks.

(If you're curious: the first seconds of 'Further look into cities 2 KaM Remake'.)

Also... New scripting commands! :O :O *Makes my mouth water* :P
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Nov 2011, 18:11

One huge problem with not being able to block weapons to the barracks is trade those weapon instead of putting them in the barracks.
Or do serfs just take them out of the barracks if you are trying to trade them?

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”