Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Strangelove's Campaign: The Barbarian King

<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 06 Oct 2014, 16:57

Re: Strangelove's Campain

Uploaded a new map. It's playable, however not a 100% balanced. Lemme know if its too easy/hard to be the 6th map of a 11-12map-campaign. Thanks! (:
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 10 Oct 2014, 08:20

Played TBK06, nice one :). I liked it as well.
TBK06 Tiank.7z
Some feedback:
- I expected attack from black at some time (maybe around 1:20, seems like a good time),
- it was weird with that white AI base, I thought there's gonna be at least a message, after I defeat that black on the island, but there was nothing. And I was worried, that I'm gonna lose, when I beat that white AI, since message stated "We can't hurt them", but luckily, nothing happened :). You should make it clear what to do after black is defeated.

Map looks great :). Just one minor thing, that cliff at 128:30 looks bit weird to me... I think adding tile 122 there won't hurt (instead of 194 you put there). Also, consider adding tile 194 to the other side of that wooden bridge. But as I say, that's just really minor thing, as the whole map looks just perfect :).

The difficulty seems good.

Can't wait to see the whole campaign :D.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 10 Oct 2014, 16:08

Played TBK06, nice one :). I liked it as well.
TBK06 Tiank.7z
Some feedback:
- I expected attack from black at some time (maybe around 1:20, seems like a good time),
- it was weird with that white AI base, I thought there's gonna be at least a message, after I defeat that black on the island, but there was nothing. And I was worried, that I'm gonna lose, when I beat that white AI, since message stated "We can't hurt them", but luckily, nothing happened :). You should make it clear what to do after black is defeated.

Map looks great :). Just one minor thing, that cliff at 128:30 looks bit weird to me... I think adding tile 122 there won't hurt (instead of 194 you put there). Also, consider adding tile 194 to the other side of that wooden bridge. But as I say, that's just really minor thing, as the whole map looks just perfect :).

The difficulty seems good.

Can't wait to see the whole campaign :D.
I just watched your replay... the black AI behaves kinda weird, and attacks with way too many units, later than expected. After you defeat the Black Player on the Island, there should be a message and the village gets allied to you, so you can not hurt them anymore. I will check again what caused the problem. Maybe I set something wrong in the map-editor.

I tried to make every map look beautiful and perfect. Hope you will like the rest as much as this one, tho I have to admit that I think, that Map6 is one of the best looking ones. :$

Big thanks for testing! Its hard to find somebody to actually play them. I, to be honest, am already a bit fed up with them. Played them way too often already haha. :P

EDIT: Think I found the bug, and got rid of it. Will playtest tomorrow and upload shortly after. :)
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 16 Oct 2014, 21:29

I really like these 2 missions. Looking forward to see the whole masterpiece of campaign :mrgreen:
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 19 Oct 2014, 09:54

Here's replay from updated TBK08:
TBK08 Tiank.7z
Even though I knew the map already, it was fun again :).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 24 Oct 2014, 18:13

Thanks for playing guys! And for the replay ofc. :D
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 30 Nov 2014, 20:16

it is kind of late feedback, but i took the liberty to playtest trhough TBK 06, and although i love the missoin i just hated one thing. the massive amount of ranged units the enemy has just threw me off and annoyed me. i have no idea if the enemy on the island actually has an attack pattern, but i only got attacked from the right side. i kind of expected the white village to do some backstab shenannigans, but they actually made the mission easier for me.

i would suggest that you rebrush the stonemountain with a randomized brush to make it look a bit better though.

here is the replay.
Saves.rar
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 16 Aug 2015, 13:35

Here the first update after a long time. Added Map TBK02. Playstyle is pretty much standard, however there is a little bit of scripting (186 lines) going on as well.

Looking forward to getting some feedback from you guys!
Please keep in mind that this map is not supposed to be a hard one, since its only map nr02 of a 13-14 Map-Campaign.

Best Regards,
Reinhard
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 16 Aug 2015, 13:48

I was waiting for the moment of update, thank you! ;)
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 24 Aug 2015, 17:11

Re: Strangelove's Campaign

Added a new Map. See Post #1. Like always, balance is not a 100% done, and there is still a minor error in the script according to the LOG-Files (Its working ingame tho).

I am looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
Strange
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 26 Aug 2015, 13:35

Uh, finally done with mission 10. Man this mission is some challenge! Glad I was playing first hour x1 or else I'd be damned.

Ok, now some feedback :P ,
Level design is something I really like on your campaign, it just makes the atmosphere much better. Iron on this map is something you can't live without, you must save enough gold to be able to finish all AIs. Enough space to build very good economy. AI difficulty is very high I'd say, cause I must've reloaded saves at least 10 times. Finally someone made attacks, that you can't just leave be, you must actively defend your town or else you are destroyed. (I really like the thing with only knights attacking :) ). Don't know what else to say. I really like this mission :wink: , I enjoyed it more than any mission from TFN.
Here's my 5 hours long replay :D :
TBK10.7z
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 26 Aug 2015, 17:42

Thank you very much for playing and feedback. Its always appritiated!
I put a lot of effort into desiging that map, so I am very glad that you liked it. :D

I myself thought it might be a bit too hard. I was barely able to beat it myself. :)
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 26 Aug 2015, 17:53

Yea, this mission is very hard, maybe unbeatable for newbies.
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 26 Aug 2015, 19:59

Yea, this mission is very hard, maybe unbeatable for newbies.
Guess i'll decrease the recruitment-rate to make it a bit easier. Thanks again. :D
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 27 Aug 2015, 18:44

Added a new improved version of TBK10. Have fun!

Here the changes:

Version 1.1b (27.10.2015)
- AI is now rebuilding destroyed buildings
- Fixed script errors
- Script greatly improved
- Changed colors of enemies
- AI now recruits fighting units a little slower to make it a bit easier (Iron Enemies)

Best Regards,
Strange

PS: Excuse the double-post!

Return to “Map Design”