Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Register  •  Login

Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

<<

Vatrix

User avatar

Council Member

Posts: 410

Joined: 19 Apr 2013, 20:30

Location: Czech Republic

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 17 Aug 2015, 15:34

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

The Peasants Rebellion

Mission 9:
- as always reworked attacks
- changed colors
- built and then destroyed ally's city (logical thing)
- changed balistas and catapults to matching number of bowmen power
- added some strating troops to the AI
- left AI can be destroyed by your initial army like in original (tested myself)
- all defence positions changed (for example it's now very hard to cruch purple enemy through top, but it's much easier to do that from left "secret entrance" like it was supposed by story)
- added Esthlos's Anti-Sneak-In-Town-Script for purple player
--old--

My favourite mission!
Last edited by Vatrix on 20 Aug 2015, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Tiank

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 592

Joined: 15 Sep 2013, 13:11

Location: Poland

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 17 Aug 2015, 18:59

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

Just finished TPR06 - here's replay:
TPR06.7z

Check out how green AI behaves when I attack it's towers. It doesn't seem like a bug to me, just wanted you to check if it's as you wanted :)

In original TPR I always destroy brown player at east, but this time I wanted to check out how he's building :)

Last enemy (iron only), is pretty hard, but that's good.

I enjoyed it :)

Oh, now TPR07 - I remember how much I struggled with this mission when started to play RMK (r5503). Played for about 4, or maybe even 6 hours! We're gonna see how it's gonna be this time ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Vatrix

User avatar

Council Member

Posts: 410

Joined: 19 Apr 2013, 20:30

Location: Czech Republic

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 17 Aug 2015, 19:14

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

Tiank wrote:Just finished TPR06 - here's replay:
TPR06.7z

Check out how green AI behaves when I attack it's towers. It doesn't seem like a bug to me, just wanted you to check if it's as you wanted :)

In original TPR I always destroy brown player at east, but this time I wanted to check out how he's building :)

Last enemy (iron only), is pretty hard, but that's good.

I enjoyed it :)

Oh, now TPR07 - I remember how much I struggled with this mission when started to play RMK (r5503). Played for about 4, or maybe even 6 hours! We're gonna see how it's gonna be this time ;)

Glad you enjoyed it!

I'll look into green AI in a minute. ;)

EDIT: I think that green AI's behavior is just as it should be - annoying, but not dangerous. I completely forgot to rework iron AI's defences, so it resulted in this strange behavior, but I'll let that be, so it's more challenging to defeat him.
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Vatrix

User avatar

Council Member

Posts: 410

Joined: 19 Apr 2013, 20:30

Location: Czech Republic

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 20 Aug 2015, 18:21

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

The Peasants Rebellion

Missions 1-10:
- fixed some things I messed up
- color update, yaaaaaay!
- updated Esthlos's script (there was old version)
- and some other things like defences, attacks, scripts for initial attacks and so...
--old--

Guys, please, I need at least 3 testers so I can get this into next patch. There can be some problems in scripts or strange behaviour of AI defences. I need to know everything. Ask your friends or someone to test this, I will really appreciate it!
Last edited by Vatrix on 22 Aug 2015, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Vatrix

User avatar

Council Member

Posts: 410

Joined: 19 Apr 2013, 20:30

Location: Czech Republic

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 21 Aug 2015, 19:24

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

The Peasants Rebellion

Missions 1-14:
- common fixes like everytime
- removed Esthlos's script due to some problems I found out about it
- all colors updated

Download in the first post!

--done 100%--
Last edited by Vatrix on 22 Aug 2015, 15:30, edited 2 times in total.
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Posts: 262

Joined: 01 Sep 2013, 10:51

Location: On my chair

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 21 Aug 2015, 20:24

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

WOW AMAZING! Never knew mission 15 of TPR had to be fixed! Thanks Vatrix!

haha just kidding, good job Vatrix :)
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

Vatrix

User avatar

Council Member

Posts: 410

Joined: 19 Apr 2013, 20:30

Location: Czech Republic

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 21 Aug 2015, 21:14

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

Killer!! wrote:WOW AMAZING! Never knew mission 15 of TPR had to be fixed! Thanks Vatrix!

haha just kidding, good job Vatrix :)

Mission 15 was fixed specially for you. :$
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Tiank as guest

Post 22 Aug 2015, 11:45

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

Vatrix, maybe know that you have fixed both original campaigns, you would fix Federation of Neryn as well? There are some minor problems, because of differences in scripts in r5503 and current release, which make some missions weird. It would be great if you fix it, as it's really great campaign :)
<<

Vatrix

User avatar

Council Member

Posts: 410

Joined: 19 Apr 2013, 20:30

Location: Czech Republic

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 22 Aug 2015, 12:04

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

Tiank as guest wrote:Vatrix, maybe know that you have fixed both original campaigns, you would fix Federation of Neryn as well? There are some minor problems, because of differences in scripts in r5503 and current release, which make some missions weird. It would be great if you fix it, as it's really great campaign :)

Hard to say if I can fix it, cause it's heavily scripted and I don't have this much experience with scripting. Maybe time to start learning? :D
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Tiank

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 592

Joined: 15 Sep 2013, 13:11

Location: Poland

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 22 Aug 2015, 17:16

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

Vatrix wrote:Maybe time to start learning?
yeah, why not? :D Problems are rather minor, like AI is sending other group of troops to attack than it's supposed to. But that mostly can ruin a gameplay of a mission.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Vatrix

User avatar

Council Member

Posts: 410

Joined: 19 Apr 2013, 20:30

Location: Czech Republic

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 22 Aug 2015, 18:53

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

Tiank wrote:
Vatrix wrote:Maybe time to start learning?
yeah, why not? :D Problems are rather minor, like AI is sending other group of troops to attack than it's supposed to. But that mostly can ruin a gameplay of a mission.

OK, I'll look into it. I was going to start writing my own game after this, but what I won't do for KaM community. :D
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Tiank

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 592

Joined: 15 Sep 2013, 13:11

Location: Poland

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 22 Aug 2015, 19:41

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

Vatrix wrote:for KaM community.
And the community won't forget you that! (Well, at least I won't, that's something ;))
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Strangelove

User avatar

Crossbowman

Posts: 230

Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 06:32

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 22 Aug 2015, 19:58

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

Tiank wrote:
Vatrix wrote:for KaM community.
And the community won't forget you that! (Well, at least I won't, that's something ;))

Same! Me neither!
Love the Bomb!

Campaign viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1749
MultiplayerMaps viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2302
AutoComplete viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2722
<<

Tiank

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 592

Joined: 15 Sep 2013, 13:11

Location: Poland

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 23 Aug 2015, 09:48

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

Here's my replay from TPR07. Notice how green AI behaves when I attack it. I mean lances at north. I think they should do something when I'm destroying their city ;).
TPR07.7z
3 hours. I think I've improved :)

TPR08 is too hard now. IIRC some units should wait in the middle of the map, not attacking all at almost once.
TPR08.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Vatrix

User avatar

Council Member

Posts: 410

Joined: 19 Apr 2013, 20:30

Location: Czech Republic

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 23 Aug 2015, 12:03

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

Tiank wrote:Here's my replay from TPR07. Notice how green AI behaves when I attack it. I mean lances at north. I think they should do something when I'm destroying their city ;).
TPR07.7z
3 hours. I think I've improved :)

This problem will be fixed after I or someone else manage to change Esthlos's script for sneaking in AI city, right now script activates for defending allies, which causes some unexpected issues, so I deleted it from all TPR missions :/ . (I need someone to help me with that)

Tiank wrote:TPR08 is too hard now. IIRC some units should wait in the middle of the map, not attacking all at almost once.
TPR08.7z

if you act quickly and set up your soldiers right, you can win that with 15+ soldiers on your side. It has the same difficulty like in original TPR. You need more tries to find it out.
Tested it myself ;)
TPR08.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
PreviousNext

Return to Map Design

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest