Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Sadistic Statistics

<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 06 May 2016, 08:11

Sadistic Statistics

Hey guys. After a long while, I came back to scripting. This time, I made something that might become one of the rare useful scripts for eco maps, although it works for fighting maps just as well. I present you...
SADISTIC STATISTICS
What is it for?
Sadistic Statistics script is a general purpose script for showing in-game statistics. By "general purpose" I mean that it's not tied to one map, you should be able to copy it over to another map with ease. (How-to - see below). It's going to have as many useful features for mapmakers and players as possible.
Features:
  • for building and fighting maps alike. If your map has a complicated script already (like Bonus), you will likely need a programmer to join two scripts - copying this script to a special map will break it.
  • show number of weapons in barracks to teammates before peacetime
  • show spam/deaths/kills/killpoints statistics to teammates, or to all players (you can choose what you prefer in the script file)
  • show game time - including countdown until the end of peacetime
  • building order script. Now you don't need a separate script for it, simply choose the building order you want (default, koczis, or To style) in the script file.
  • you can easily edit the colors for the script for some customization
Download: see the end of the post, I attached a map with the script added to it. See below on how to make the other maps work with the script.

How do the (kill/army) points work?
You get more points for killing/having more powerful units:
  Code:
1 - militia, rebel, rogue, lance, vagabond, bowman 2 - axeman, pikeman, scout, crossbowman 3 - swordman, knight, barbarian, warrior
I'm open to suggestions on improving killpoints, changing their values, or adding new possible statistics to show.

How to copy the script to a new map?
  • Open the map in Map Editor and save a copy of the map as "MapName S"
  • Go to "Remake folder\MapsMP\MapName S\"
  • Paste the script file (you can find it with the "Shadow Realm S" map in the attachment below) and change its name to "MapName S.script". WARNING - see below if such file already exists!
  • Edit script settings. Open the script file and make needed changes:
  • MAP_TYPE = 0; change 0 to 1 if this is a fighting map.
  • BUILD_ORDER = 0; change to 0 for default, 1 for koczis and 2 for To building order. When in doubt, change to 0.
  • STATS_FOR_ALL = 0; change to 1 if you want everyone to see the kill statistics. If you want people to see only teammates stats, leave it at 0.
If the file exists already, it means the map had a script. Depending on what kind of script it is:
-If it's a building order script (it usually starts with "script by Ben modified by sado"), simply set proper building order above. Maps with koczis building script (Golden Cliffs, Shadow Realm, New Horizon) - set BUILD_ORDER to 1.
-If it's a very long and complicated script, like Bonus for example; or if this is a special map - don't use the script, it won't work and the map will be broken. You will need programming skills to combine my script with the one the map uses.

Screenshots:

Code:
  Code:
const MAP_TYPE = 0; BUILD_ORDER = 0; TOWER_LIMIT = 0; //doesn't work yet STATS_FOR_ALL = 0; BARRACKS_STATS_AFTER_PT=1; BARRACKS_STATS_TIME=600; //time in ticks to show the barracks stats after peacetime INTERFACE_COLOR = 'aaaaaa'; INTERFACE_COLOR2 = '88ff88'; SHIELD_COLOR = '3377ff'; ARMOR_COLOR = 'ffffb3'; MELEE_COLOR = '5522bb'; ANTIHORSE_COLOR = '003366'; SHOOTERS_COLOR = 'ff3377'; HR_COLOR = 'a3aaff'; STAT_COLOR = 'ff6600'; var BarracksList, Equipped, Lost, Defeated, DefeatedPoints: array [0..7] of Integer; var BuildOrderH: Integer; procedure UpdateOverlay(Gametime, Player: Integer); var Time,P,B,Sec,Recruits,ArmyPower: Integer; var WareColor: string; begin Time := (States.PeaceTime - Gametime)/10; Actions.OverlayTextSet(Player,'[$'+INTERFACE_COLOR+']Time: '); if (States.PeaceTime > 0) and (States.PeaceTime > Gametime) then begin Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player, IntToStr(Time /60) +':'); Sec := Time mod 60; if (Sec < 10) then Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player, '0'+IntToStr(Sec)) else Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player, IntToStr(Sec)); end else begin Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player, IntToStr(Gametime /600) +':'); Sec := ((Gametime)/10) mod 60; if (Sec < 10) then Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player, '0'+IntToStr(Sec)) else Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player, IntToStr(Sec)); end; if (BARRACKS_STATS_AFTER_PT=1) or ((MAP_TYPE=0) and (States.PeaceTime + BARRACKS_STATS_TIME > Gametime)) or ((MAP_TYPE=0) and (States.PeaceTime = 0) and (BARRACKS_STATS_TIME > Gametime)) then begin Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player,'|'); for B := 16 to 26 do begin case B of 16,17: WareColor := SHIELD_COLOR; 18,19: WareColor := ARMOR_COLOR; 20,21: WareColor := MELEE_COLOR; 22,23: WareColor := ANTIHORSE_COLOR; 24,25: WareColor := SHOOTERS_COLOR; 26: WareColor := HR_COLOR; end; if (B = 21) then Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player,'|'); Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player,'[$'+WareColor+']'+ States.WareTypeName(B) + ', '); end; //Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player,'[$'+HR_COLOR+']'+ States.WareTypeName(26) + ', '); Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player,'[$'+HR_COLOR+']'+ States.UnitTypeName(13) + ' '); for P := 0 to States.LocationCount-1 do begin if States.PlayerEnabled(P) and States.PlayerEnabled(Player) then begin if States.PlayerAllianceCheck(Player, P) or (Player = P) then begin if (BarracksList[P] = -1) then begin Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player,'|[$' + States.PlayerColorText(P) + ']' + States.PlayerName(P) + ' [$'+INTERFACE_COLOR+']has no barracks yet'); end else begin Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player,'|[$' + States.PlayerColorText(P) + ']' + States.PlayerName(P) + ': '); for B := 16 to 26 do begin case B of 16,17: WareColor := SHIELD_COLOR; 18,19: WareColor := ARMOR_COLOR; 20,21: WareColor := MELEE_COLOR; 22,23: WareColor := ANTIHORSE_COLOR; 24,25: WareColor := SHOOTERS_COLOR; 26: WareColor := HR_COLOR; end; Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player,'[$'+WareColor+']'+IntToStr(States.HouseResourceAmount(BarracksList[P],B)) + ' '); end; //Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player,'[$'+HR_COLOR+']'+IntToStr(States.HouseResourceAmount(BarracksList[P],26)) + ' '); Recruits := States.StatUnitTypeCount(P, 13) - States.StatHouseTypeCount(P,17); Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player,'[$'+HR_COLOR+']'+ IntToStr(Recruits) + ' '); end; end; end; end; end; if ((MAP_TYPE=0) and (States.PeaceTime < Gametime)) or (States.PeaceTime = 0) then begin Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player,'||[$'+INTERFACE_COLOR+']Kill statistics: ' ); for P := 0 to States.LocationCount-1 do begin if States.PlayerEnabled(P) and States.PlayerEnabled(Player) then begin if States.PlayerAllianceCheck(Player, P) or (Player = P) or (STATS_FOR_ALL=1) then begin Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player,'|[$' + States.PlayerColorText(P) + ']' + States.PlayerName(P) +': [$'+STAT_COLOR+']'+ IntToStr(Equipped[P]) + '[$'+INTERFACE_COLOR+'] trained, [$'+STAT_COLOR+']' + IntToStr(Lost[P]) + '[$'+INTERFACE_COLOR+'] deaths, [$'+STAT_COLOR+']' + IntToStr(Defeated[P]) + '[$'+INTERFACE_COLOR+'] kills, [$'+STAT_COLOR+']' + IntToStr(DefeatedPoints[P]) + '[$'+INTERFACE_COLOR+'] kill points, '); ArmyPower := States.StatUnitMultipleTypesCount(P, [14,24,25,19,27,17]) + States.StatUnitMultipleTypesCount(P, [15,20,21,18])*2 + States.StatUnitMultipleTypesCount(P, [16,22,23,26])*3; Actions.OverlayTextAppend(Player, '[$'+INTERFACE_COLOR2+']army points: '+IntToStr(ArmyPower)); end; end; end; end; end; function GetUnitPoints(aUnitType: Integer): Integer; var Points: Integer; begin case aUnitType of 14,24,25,19,27,17: Points := 1; //militia,rebel,rogue,lance,vaga,bow 15,20,21,18: Points := 2; //axe,pike,scout,xbow 16,22,23,26: Points := 3; //sword,knight,barb,warr else Points := 0; end; Result := Points; Exit; end; procedure OnUnitDied(aUnit, aKiller: Integer); begin if (aKiller <> -1) then begin Inc(Lost[States.UnitOwner(aUnit)]); Inc(Defeated[aKiller]); DefeatedPoints[aKiller] := DefeatedPoints[aKiller] + GetUnitPoints(States.UnitType(aUnit)); end; end; procedure OnWarriorEquipped(aUnit,aGroup: Integer); begin Inc(Equipped[States.UnitOwner(aUnit)]); end; procedure OnMissionStart; var P,K: Integer; var Houses: array of Integer; begin BuildOrderH := BUILD_ORDER; for P := 0 to States.LocationCount-1 do if States.PlayerEnabled(P) and (MAP_TYPE=0) then begin case BuildOrderH of 1: begin Actions.HouseAllow(P, 27, False); //inn Actions.HouseAllow(P, 14, False); //quarry Actions.HouseAllow(P, 9, False); //cutter //DEBUG //Actions.HouseUnlock(P, 19); //Actions.HouseUnlock(P, 21); end; 2: begin Actions.HouseUnlock(P, 27); Actions.HouseUnlock(P, 14); Actions.HouseUnlock(P, 9); end; end; BarracksList[P] := -1; //States.ClosestHouse(P, 0,0,21); Houses := States.PlayerGetAllHouses(P); for K := 0 to Length(Houses)-1 do begin //Actions.Log('type K='+IntToStr(States.HouseType(Houses[K]))); if States.HouseType(Houses[K])=21 then BarracksList[P] := Houses[K]; //only one barracks per player on start is assumed, but who cares... end; end; end; procedure OnHouseBuilt(aHouse: Integer); begin if States.HouseType(aHouse) = 21 then BarracksList[States.HouseOwner(aHouse)] := aHouse; if (BuildOrderH = 1) then begin if States.HouseType(aHouse) = 13 then //unlock inn after school Actions.HouseAllow(States.HouseOwner(aHouse), 27, True); if States.HouseType(aHouse) = 27 then //unlock quarry Actions.HouseAllow(States.HouseOwner(aHouse), 14, True); if States.HouseType(aHouse) = 14 then //unlock cutter Actions.HouseAllow(States.HouseOwner(aHouse), 9, True); end; end; procedure OnTick; var P: Integer; begin for P := 0 to States.LocationCount-1 do if (States.GameTime + P*2) mod 10 = 0 then UpdateOverlay(States.GameTime, P); end;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 21 Jan 2017, 11:20

Re: Sadistic Statistics

Updated the first post with a new version. Seeing how the script got some small interest after Thunder used it with his TH script, I decided to work on it a little more. I'm not too satisfied with the readability right now, to be honest, but maybe it's just me. Please let me know if you got any ideas on what can be improved.
Changes:
-fixed barracks prebuilt in the editor wouldn't work with the script, might be useful for fight maps, or when you try to test the script in single player
-fixed color coding of barracks overlay, now hopefully more readable, still not perfect though...
-added BARRACKS_STATS_AFTER_PT - you can enable/disable showing barracks stats after peacetime
-show current army size with "army points" statistic
-changed how the points are counted a bit (see 1st post)
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 23 Jan 2017, 11:06

Looks good. I think we can add some of this stats to main game as well.

About visualizing - now stats use too much of screen space IMHO. May be you can shorten some label and add description as a letter notification on the game start. For example, killed = K, trained = T etc.
Something similar for barracks stats.

It would be nice to see as spreadsheet, but it is probably imposible now. May be we can add some kind of table view for scripting overlay?
Also I think it would be nice to be able to manage overlay placement - for example if we could add overlay in different parts of the screen, not only on the top left.

May be even ability to move overlay with mouse drag'n'drop, then save it in script 'ini'. Hmmmm. Current overlay looks ugly (not urs, but in general :))
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 23 Jan 2017, 17:39

The coolest thing in this script is can check what is inside your allies barracks!
Good job, and thanks for shared it to the New Mode script! ;) It is very useful there!
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 23 Jan 2017, 19:37

Actually I wonder why we can't see what is inside allies houses... I think we have to fix it! So no scripts will be needed for this (sry sado :) )
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 23 Jan 2017, 20:37

Actually I wonder why we can't see what is inside allies houses... I think we have to fix it! So no scripts will be needed for this (sry sado :) )
That would be great, seems like a far better solution. Still, it would be useful for specs to be able to see what everyone has in barracks at the same time (would be useful to be able to choose spectators as the overlay player, allowing only specs to see some specific parts of the overlay that a regular player shouldn't)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Jan 2017, 00:23

You can't see in ally's houses so that you're more safe from criticism when Koczis or Mexican T are on your team :D
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 24 Jan 2017, 13:24

I've created topic on github about this feature: https://github.com/Kromster80/kam_remake/issues/204

Return to “Dynamic Scripting”