Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Winter Tournament 2v2

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 26 Jan 2014, 13:19

Re: Winter Tournament 2v2

OK, my personal opinion is that going with your towers to your enemy's base isn't morally acceptable, but I know I might be alone in that thought. I'll listen to the voice of the majority, if no better option/argument is available.
Ah, I think I know what you mean now! You mean building towers into their "territory"? Well then I of course I agree with you here :)
Now, building towers into no-mans land isn't a problem I think.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 26 Jan 2014, 14:04

Yeah kinda. I think that building towers in enemy territory should surely be banned. I don't like going with towers into no mans land too, but you can prevent that given your troops are there and it shouldn't be that much of a problem.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 29 Jan 2014, 11:28

Hey, maybe I wanna make towers within the range of my enemy's buildings after peacetime is over. Can I do that? :D
According to the rules, no. "Building your towers in a way that makes enemy buildings to be in your tower's range is forbidden - no tower wars!" Do you think we should change that? Why?
Because the rules doesn´t say explicit, how many towers are too much, I hope that what I saw today is against the rules, right? :)

I think this isn't breaching the rules. There are way too many towers there, but it's not like he's got an entire base of towers, I'm sure he has some army as well. Of course, if he'd have 0-10 units at PT and above 10-15 towers, I'd still give such a player a walkover. We will resolve every case individually.
hehe:)
I dont fear 20 empty towers;P
<<

Kamykos

Pikeman

Post 29 Jan 2014, 12:02

Hey, maybe I wanna make towers within the range of my enemy's buildings after peacetime is over. Can I do that? :D
According to the rules, no. "Building your towers in a way that makes enemy buildings to be in your tower's range is forbidden - no tower wars!" Do you think we should change that? Why?
Because the rules doesn´t say explicit, how many towers are too much, I hope that what I saw today is against the rules, right? :)

I think this isn't breaching the rules. There are way too many towers there, but it's not like he's got an entire base of towers, I'm sure he has some army as well. Of course, if he'd have 0-10 units at PT and above 10-15 towers, I'd still give such a player a walkover. We will resolve every case individually.
hehe:)
I dont fear 20 empty towers;P
You should. Didn't you hear about cold war?
<<

Debaron2

Post 31 Jan 2014, 02:02

I love the idea of streaming this and watching it live.

However, even with a delay, won't it be possible for the players to watch on stream what their opponents are doing and respond accordingly? Such as building lances to counter horses and the like?
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 31 Jan 2014, 07:28

Yeah goog point. I thought about the same even months before the tournament started. The players just could watch the enemys base for one sec"aha they have stables only" and gg :mrgreen: when I will streaming myself, I'll try to make a good compromise between delay and "live".
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 31 Jan 2014, 08:24

Yeah that's problematic. A delay of 60 minutes would definitely solve all the problems, but I hoped we could have a lesser delay like 30 minutes. I guess we have to go ahead with 60 though.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 31 Jan 2014, 10:19

I think 30-40 min would be enough and that´s what I plan to go for.

With a 40 min delay, the players could see after 60min (PT is over), what is happening 20 min in the. And after 20 min they only see the basics houses of those players. Even when someone would have a stable in the first 10 min for example that wouldn´t help really, because the enemy has like max 10 min to react(Noone has Stable at 10 min, just an example :P ) Even when they would see a first hint for a stable for example, after 60 min that doesn´t matter anymore, because these players normaly see right after PT whats going on, so they don´t get any advantage of watching that replay :D
So I am for 40 min delay. Sado when we will livestream parralely(in two different languages or a dualstream) we have to talk about that again, not to have two different times of game chosen :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
<<

Bludmaster

Bowman

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 31 Jan 2014, 14:00

Itll be funny because after finishing a game i can go and watch last 40 minutes of match and see how you comentate it xD
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 31 Jan 2014, 14:21

Yes, it might look "funny" or stupid, because some players will know who has won, before our stream has shown even the end of PT :lol: However we have no other solution. I think 40 min ist just ok, is still better than 60 at least.
<<

Janek

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 31 Jan 2014, 15:23

Im in.

Janek&... I have no team mate so looking forward for s1 ;)
<<

wintertournament

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 01 Feb 2014, 00:32

Only 5 days left to register in the tournament! We have 11 teams so far. Keep in mind that we do not need a fixed amount of teams - you might think that we're aiming for 16 right now, but even if we have (for example) 17, 18, 19, we will let everyone play! Either by extra qualifications before the group phase, or by pretending that we have 20 teams - so there will be some empty spots in some groups, for example.
<<

Mexican boobs

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 03 Feb 2014, 12:06

still haven't got a team!
<<

rom

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 03 Feb 2014, 22:31

I want to play. If you are interested, we can make one game and then you would decide

i'm on TS
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Feb 2014, 01:51

Hey guys, I want you to know that the tournament will be using an updated version of Coastal Expedition. The map really needed some fixes. If you want to practice anyway, please download the version that can be found on Teamspeak, as it is close to the final version.
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Tournaments”