No votes

Total votes : 0
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 07 Nov 2012, 13:38

Re: Do You Like the Marketplace?

Ok. nuff trolling from me, here is a serious post.

IMO coal might really be too cheap for tree trunks, but there is no point in making market completely useless, so I think 2 coal for 1 tree trunk should more or less solve the problem, we had a long discussion last night and I think TDL himself agreed that it should solve the bigger part of the imbalance that most of you see with tree trunks, and I must agree on that part too.
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Nov 2012, 16:45

I'd like to apologize for my earlier posts on this topic. I had become rather inconsiderate and abandoned using "In my opinion" or "I believe." Normally I try to be very considerate of other people's opinions. In this topic, I got carried away.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 08 Nov 2012, 21:51

I totally agree with TDL here :
people who suggest to change all the maps of the remake just to improve the marketplace's balance are (I think) not aware a few things :
-this takes a huge amount of work (because it's not just adding grass instead of coal, it needs a rework of the area to make the map look nice, this changes the balance if you add too much farmland, etc, etc...
-market values are somehow going to change several time during the development, that's sure, so we would need to change all the maps, several times, just to fit the marketplace ?
Well, I agree that there is a problem and I respect all the opinions, but I really think it's much better to tweak the market values than to change all the maps.

The marketplace (as it is now) changes too much the way the market-users play. The mapmakers can't just think only about the marketplace when doing a map. For example, if you want a large coal field (for visual or some reason), you're almost obliged to block the market if you don't want the players to abuse it, that's sad.
I know I'll repeat TDL's opinion, but I never saw anybody complaining about the tree growth speed before the market, and now that the market seems umbalanced, the problem is not in the trees : it is in the marketplace's trade values.
Changing the tree growth speed to make it faster is changing the whole game (like the market is already doing), because it requires less management to get planks (and also less room :o ). This would have so much impact on the whole gameplay !
In my opinion, only the market has to be changed here.

I'm not sure if replacing market by a trading-betwee-players building would be better, I already see coming some strange teams where one guy does a massive amount of some ressource to "feed" the other who does another massive amount of something so he gets a great army at the end of PT.
Everything needs to be thought carefully when it comes to balance.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 08 Nov 2012, 22:04

I'm not sure if replacing market by a trading-betwee-players building would be better, I already see coming some strange teams where one guy does a massive amount of some ressource to "feed" the other who does another massive amount of something so he gets a great army at the end of PT.
Everything needs to be thought carefully when it comes to balance.
This would be strange. Having one player make food and the other only troops. We call this "slinging" in Age of Kings. I think that idea is better suited for AoK because of the game's simple economy. Not to mention that both players need to gather resources all resources to be efficient. In KaM, a player could just skip half of the economy and just make weapons!

Of course that is just a theory. Interesting to see what players would make of it.

EDIT: Not to mention that maps where a certain player has 9000+stone, etc. because of his location not having any deposits. He could just send a few thousand to his ally.
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 08 Nov 2012, 22:35

That's why I'm unsure about how I'd like the market to be changed if it's still imbalanced even with changed trade rates.
It could create some strange situations indeed :p
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Nov 2012, 21:00

How are people using the marketplace with the latest update to the Remake? I haven't played any games online (expect with my Grandpa), so I have yet to see how it is being used.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 13 Nov 2012, 21:03

Haven't build one yet in the latest update.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Nov 2012, 21:07

I suspected that people may stop building it altogether. Perhaps they might build it later in the game when gold runs out.
<<

Private.NL

Axe Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 13 Nov 2012, 21:11

How are people using the marketplace with the latest update to the Remake? I haven't played any games online (expect with my Grandpa), so I have yet to see how it is being used.
Well I have build it 2 times, but it has become way less interesting to use it. 3 coal to 1 trunk is not worth all the coal and it will take more serfs! So I do like the marketplace as it is now. I won't abuse it because it is costing me too much. I will only use it to get me out of a food- or woodcrisis. And that it is exactly what it's mean porpouse was.

Sometimes I even traded 4 stone to 1 trunk and I won't make that trade anymore. 11 stone to 1 trunk won't help me at all. (taking all my serfs and making more will result in a big food crisis).

For ME it resulted in less use of the market.
Always look on the bright side of KaM! :D
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Nov 2012, 21:21

In my games with my grandpa, I built the marketplace just to try the new one out. I noticed that I really wasn't using it; though, so I didn't even think that I would make it if I played a real multiplayer game. It sounds like that is a good idea.
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 14 Nov 2012, 20:39

Since last release I Built this... 2 times. And I didn't saw that someone else made this. In my opinion now this building lost sense of exist.
I know, market shouldn't be main point of tactic, but 3 coals for 1 vine? I'm sorry, but this is definitely too many. And this isn't only my opinion. One player said last time "Market has been f***ed".
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 15 Nov 2012, 04:55

It is good to hear, since having fair prices means that ANY trade is equally bad. ;)

Now that you say 3 coal -> 1 wine is bad, is it the same bad as 2 wine -> 1 coal?
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 15 Nov 2012, 19:59

Wooden weapons have a very high value. It might not be a problem; though, because by the time wooden weapons are being sold, the map may be running out of resources. This means that gold won't be a huge issue if the veins run out.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 28 Dec 2012, 12:43

Hey!
Do i think well?
Two kind of group are
1st-like the market and his every version and always want to find out something specialy trade and try to do it playable every weakly versions.
2nd-doesnt like the market, doesnt want to use market, and try to do everything to the market be unplayable. if the group first find something the second will tell to it need to be more expensive its not fair. Early market was bad. If use market nearly and after PT that is bad...

Return to “General / Questions”