Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Serfs defending themselves (peacetime removal solution)

<<

Islar

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 19 Jun 2013, 18:19

Re: Serfs defending themselves (peacetime removal solution)

When i read the things about the townhall i got a idea. I read it all quickly so i don't know if someone meant this.

You can only build the townhall after peacetime and the army that you can make are only alowed to stay in your town. So you don't have to have serfs fighting enemy because you can make th army. And you need barracks army because you want to win. You use townhall army to protect your town and you use barracks army to attack the enemy.

I hope you like this idea (or i just repeat someone else his idea) :D
<<

WollongongWolf

Lance Carrier

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 19 Jun 2013, 18:50

Well considering the town hall being mentioned more often, might it be possible to have it available at the start, and recruiting might need no people, or perhaps it needs recruits? They might come out at 0.3 condition and go back in at 0.1. Recruiting costs 1 wine (perhaps only be able to recruit rebels?) This way they can;t go out far, but far enough to kill militias or knights or so. (still I would prefer the shooting storehouse :P)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 19 Jun 2013, 22:20

Oh dear, this is going from worse... to even worse... :p
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

Post 20 Jun 2013, 07:28

Hmm this topic is very interesting!

I like a lot of the ideas. I think the idea of your serfs defending themselves from invaders really sounds great. I always thought it looked silly that they always let those soldiers hack them into pieces without any sort of reaction :P

Having that archer tower surely sounds like a good idea too. I don't like the barracks shooting though.

The Kingdom feature from Jeronimo sounds completely awesome. I believe it could make KaM an even better game.

The only things I fear is that huge changes like these will upset some players and it might divide the community? As TDL above me seems to not really like the suggestions, I reckon there will be plenty of people that don't like it.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 20 Jun 2013, 15:28

Oh dear, this is going from worse... to even worse... :p
LOL

I've been following this topic, and I can agree that it seems to be getting worse off as it "progresses"; though I do think that the original idea proposed by Krom was definitely worth considering.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 20 Jun 2013, 16:32

Well of course we can make serfs defend themselves. And we can make the barracks shoot at enemies. We can make every bulding a shelter for serfs so it doesn't really matter when your village gets invaded. Let's also make towers never miss their targets, let's put some towers with bowmen/crossbowmen in the game, let's add walls.
Why do people want to make the game more defensive? A KaM village was never meant to be an impregnable bastion. That's why walls are part of a map and can't be built. I also guess that's why they were rejected (because they've been proposed pretty frequently).
Sure, it's nice to have a solution to 1-militia rushes... But this will affect lategame as well. And in a very bad way.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 20 Jun 2013, 18:52

The point, Dark Lord, is that Peacetime is defensive. The idea is to remove peacetime and implement some early-game defensive, which is an idea that definitely interests me anyway.

If it took-say, about four serfs to kill 1 militia, I don't see this effecting the lategame very much in a bad way. In fact, it might make it less campy, because if all eighty-some of your serfs get killed fighting, then how are you going to rebuild? Campers = dead ;)
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 23 Jun 2013, 18:25

What about making "Street Patrols" trainable at the School?

They'd be a weaker version of Bowmen (same or slightly modified sprites) that would not be possible to control, just like serfs.
Instead, they'd randomly wander the town's roads and attack enemies on sight.

There would be a drawback in using them (you lose gold and time, thus hindering the economical development of your town, and worsen the traffic situation of your roads - especially if using many), you'd need a full road for them to go anywhere (thus making them hard / nearly impossible to be used offensively), and they'd be available early (thus making them a good defense versus both melee and ranged early rushes).
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

Post 24 Jun 2013, 08:39

I like the idea! But it could get hard to recognize which are controllable archers and which are the street patrols. I don't think we have the capabilities right now to get new sprites. I'd like to hear what others think of this suggestion, but it sounds pretty cool to me.
<<

Debaron

The Dukes of Burgundy Clan

Post 24 Jun 2013, 17:06

IMO, this is definitely an idea worth looking into. If peacetime could somehow be removed, it would allow for more playstyle variations and therefore, hopefully, more excitement.
What about making "Street Patrols" trainable at the School?

They'd be a weaker version of Bowmen (same or slightly modified sprites) that would not be possible to control, just like serfs.
Instead, they'd randomly wander the town's roads and attack enemies on sight.

There would be a drawback in using them (you lose gold and time, thus hindering the economical development of your town, and worsen the traffic situation of your roads - especially if using many), you'd need a full road for them to go anywhere (thus making them hard / nearly impossible to be used offensively), and they'd be available early (thus making them a good defense versus both melee and ranged early rushes).
I like this idea! What about using the Stone Slinger sprites for this one? I'm not sure what the correct name is, but I mean the weak barbarian units that throw stones at enemies.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Jun 2013, 17:20

He's called a rogue.
But then there's the problem of us no longer having a rogue anymore. This would especially be a problem if the townhall gets implemented.
<<

WollongongWolf

Lance Carrier

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 24 Jun 2013, 17:27

Sounds to me like balancing town hall units by making them uncontrollable, not sure if that is a bad idea.
How about their need for food? Do they eat food like normal citizens? That way people wouldn't just spam them around I think.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Jun 2013, 17:28

How about their need for food? Do they eat food like normal citizens? That way people wouldn't just spam them around I think.
This would easily be the ideal method.
<<

šmoula

Farmer

Post 25 Jun 2013, 09:01

And what about TRAPS ? labouer can build (except road,field,wine) also traps - for one use - kills immediately one troop, it can cost one wood (or stone) , duration of this trap can be one hour (or unlimited) - please discuss :-)
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 25 Jun 2013, 13:41

With the trap idea, whenever you have a huge amout of wood (or stone) you could build a monstruous wall of traps in a narrow entrance and make the game totally boring, unfun and camp ;)

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”