Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Winter Tournament 2v2

<<

wintertournament

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 24 Jan 2014, 10:35

Winter Tournament 2v2

Hello everyone. We are glad to announce a new 2 vs 2 tournament, called Winter Tournament! Our goal, is to make a successful and fun building tournament. No prizes included, all you can win is the eternal glory! We're trying to have as many participants as possible, that's why we're picking a time right after the usual exam period at studies (most KaM players seem to be at university age).

Link to the tournament schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Rules in 8 sentences: (that's only a short version, most of the rules are explained in the main rules at the end of the post, you should read them as well)
1. 2v2 teams choose maps by eliminating them out of the map pool, then the team with higher number chooses the map configuration to play from the list (for example “locs 1 and 2 vs locs 4 and 5”), finally the team with lower number chooses the side (“locs 1 and 2”).
2. There might be a qualification phase before the group stage, and the drawing for both these stages will take skills of the players into account. (drawing seeds)
3. Groups consist of 4 teams, 2 winning ones go to the Winners Ladder, and 2 other ones – Losers Ladder, and there is no way to go from one ladder to another, so winners of Losers Ladder cannot win the tournament.
4. Teams need to settle and give us estimated dates and times of their games before they play them (especially for the group stage, which takes 1 month for 3 games), so we can prepare a fixture and also control the tournament a bit better – it will be possible to change the date afterwards though.
5. Standard rules: x1 x1 60pt, no illegal scouting, no tower rushing, no scouting with fields outside of your/allied base, autosave enabled, wait 2 minutes to reconnect then rehost and wait 5 minutes, leavers lose unless there was a really good reason, destroy most important buildings to win (you need to see the “you have won” screen).
6. Requirements: stable <500 ping, minimum 20 but best 30 FPS, KaM Remake Winter Tournament Beta (http://knightsandmerchants.net/forum/vi ... =27&t=2068), basic English skills.
7. Winning team posts the replay and endgame stats screenshot in an appropriate topic.
8. Signup form: registration is closed!

Also – list of stuff we're planning that might be worth mentioning:
-drawing procedure is likely to be streamed live
-a fixture – hopefully, a solution to teams being reluctant to play their games in previous tournaments. If the time to play is fixed (even if it's possible to change it), then everything should be much more transparent, and this way, we will force teams to show us which one of them really cares about the competition.
-live streaming of the tournament games – we will use a delay, so no one will have an unfair advantage; since we want to have a fixture of the games being played, it is possible to plan streams with advance, and pick all the likely most interesting games. We want a number of guests – once it might be Lewin (given the game will be played early enough) or Krom, the other time might be one of the top Remake players, or someone of KaM shoutcasting fame. Sado will mostly be in charge of live broadcasting.

Registration starts now, tournament begins at 10th February. Registration ends Wednesday, February 5th.
List of the registered teams: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Link to the tournament schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing
Maps and configurations:
  Code:
Abrak: left versus right only Across the Desert: 45 vs 26, 24 vs 15, 25 vs 16, 26 vs 14, 26 vs 15, 45 vs 16, 35 vs 16, 36 vs 41 Arctic Warfare: 12 vs 34, 13 vs 24 Golden Cliffs: 12 vs 36, 15 vs 46, 25 vs 13, 25 vs 16, 25 vs 36, 25 vs 46, 26 vs 14, 56 vs 14 Coastal Expedition: 12 vs 45 only Dead Rivers: 14 vs 23 or 12 vs 34 Forgotten Lands: 12 vs 34 or 14 vs 23 Shadow Realm: 12 vs 45, 12 vs 34, 23 vs 45, 23 vs 46, 23 vs 56, 34 vs 16, 13 vs 46, 13 vs 56, 26 vs 53 Majestic Waters: 12 vs 45 or 12 vs 56
Link to the KaM Remake Winter Tournament Beta: http://knightsandmerchants.net/forum/vi ... =27&t=2068

Recognized streamers:
-sado
-Pawel95
-vovets

Always check whether you're dealing with the real streamers! PM them on TeamSpeak or forums before allowing them to stream!

Rules:
  Code:
Tournament rules: -two player teams (2v2) -map elimination system: teams take turns in choosing a map that they do not want to play, until there's only one map left. -the team with lower team number (ID) starts map elimination process. -location choosing system: the team that DID NOT start elimination process, chooses the map configuration (for example, “locs 1 and 2 vs 3 and 4”). The other team (that has lower team ID) chooses the side (“locs 1 and 2”) -a tournament game is more important than a normal game -each team has a unique ID number Group phase: 0. We claim the right to introduce a qualification phase before the group phase, if necessary. Also, we will probably make a drawing that takes teams estimated skills into account. 1. Groups consist of 4 teams 2. The tournament is started by the group drawing, then the teams proceed to play the games in all-play-all system. Two best teams out of a group advance to the Winners Ladder, third and fouth place goes to the Losers Ladder. 2. Time to play all the group stage games is 1 month. We do not extend the deadline, except for a VERY good reason. 3. After the drawing, players have 4 days to initially arrange the games with every other team in the group, and publish them on the forums in an appropriate topic. Then, the timetable for all the games will be put into the first post of that topic. It will be possible to change the dates of the games afterwards, you will need to ask us to do that (send a PM to the tournament account) along with providing the reason for changing the initial arrangement. 4. “Rush rule”: if there are 3 teams with equal amount of points (the “2 wins 1 defeat” situation), then we need to see how long their games where. Each team has a game that it won and another that it lost (we don't count the games against the fourth team here). We subtract “time in which the team lost after PT” - “time in which the team won after PT”. So, the more time someone defended in a lost game, the better; also, the less time someone attacked in a won game, the better. Tournament phase: 1. The tournament will be divided into Winners Ladder, where the teams fight for winning the whole tournament; and Losers Ladder, where the teams fight for the small cup of the tournament. Both ladders are independent from each other, you cannot move between them in any way. 2. The tournament ladder will be determined by the number of teams participating, so it will be published later on. 3. We play one game per round in the tournament phase, except the final game where we play until one of the teams wins twice (best of 3 games) Rules for the games: 1. Scouting with fields or buildings outside of your (or your allies') base is forbidden. 2. Builder trips from your base to your ally's base are allowed (legal scouting) 3. Scouting your enemy's base until peacetime lasts is forbidden (illegal scouting) 4. Building your towers in a way that makes enemy buildings to be in your tower's range is forbidden no tower wars! 5. You should enable the autosave feature. 6. If someone disconnects then the players should wait for at least 2 minutes in hope that he will reconnect 7. If someone isn't back after that time period, then players quit, make a new lobby and wait at least 5 minutes, ready to continue from an autosave. If the player isn't back till then, then his team loses the game. You can appeal to the tournament organizers in critical situations, including necessary screenshots and the replay. 8. In case when someone leaves the game while playing, his team loses the game. You can appeal there as well if there was an important reason for example, an error within the game occurred. 9. After choosing the map, you cannot change it to another one. 10. Game speed, before and after the peacetime, should be set to x1. 11. To finish a game, you need to make your enemies “lose” by destroying their most important buildings. In case when these rules get broken, make a screenshot (with the chat window, if it's related to losing connection/leaving the game prematurely) and follow the instructions above. Every issue should be reported to the organizers. Requirements: -stable ping <500 (by “stable”, we mean a ping that doesn't “jump” from 200 to 1000 each few seconds) and stable FPS count that is enough for playing without hiccups (sane FPS amount is 30, minimum is 20) -KaM Remake Winter Tournament Beta -basic English language skills -time to play :) Sending the results: -the game result needs to be placed in an appropriate topic, you need to send both a replay (either autosave or manual save) and endgame stats screenshot -the winning team posts the results -you win when the enemy loses the most important buildings or one of them quits prematurely The tournament rules may change. Organizers preserve the right to punish the teams in case of their inactivity, or other circumstances (including obvious trolling, like making a 0 army 50 towers city on PT). (rules mostly copied from Mulberry's, Florek's and To's tournament... when you're copying something, copy from the best :) ) sado and Mixons English forums topic: http://www.knightsandmerchants.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2036
Rules in a file: http://ubuntuone.com/5XwAqeyQvo4oPknADoHl7y
Polish version: http://ubuntuone.com/6XtKsJhtV6nrxUa4TMzsFy
Russian version: http://ubuntuone.com/7mC5k8FrSGblNegVQSromq

We are looking at the past, at Mully's, Florek's and To's tournament, and we want to resurrect the glory of their creation again. Some people tried to do that in the past year or so, but it turned out to be a task too heavy for them. We're thankful that they tried, now we're going to try ourselves, two players that know both the KaM community, and each other for long time. Hopefully long enough, to be the first after the success of powah tournament, to understand how to do it right.

Recording of the drawing procedure: http://www.twitch.tv/sado0000001/b/5ring11019286
Big cup ladder: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1qVz ... sp=sharing
Small cup ladder: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1pX_ ... sp=sharing

sado, Mixons
Last edited by wintertournament on 25 Mar 2014, 19:25, edited 16 times in total.
<<

CuDi

Scout

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 25 Jan 2014, 01:52

Re: Winter Tournament 2v2

I'm very excited for this. I will certainly be signing up. Just as long as I can one of the many "NoName's" on my team. They are such pros, and always have great ping. :D

How will the games take place? Will players be required to be on at a certain time or date, or just go by when each of the participants are online?
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 25 Jan 2014, 08:17

Guys, i made a link for kamclub.ru, and a short description for your tournament. Mb i'll take a part in it, just for loosers cup )
And i also can be russian spectator ))

Ok
vovets1& Andrey988
skype - vova08.03.98, and you can see me in TS
Last edited by vovets1 on 13 Sep 2021, 14:14, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please edit your post instead of posting 3 different ones within seconds.
<<

wintertournament

Recruit

Post 25 Jan 2014, 09:27

vovets - Kirill is translating the rules for us to Russian, so you might just include them into the post on kamclub when he's done :) Thanks for help, also, thanks for the spectating offer, would be nice to have streams with Russian as well (we might do Polish too). Also, you should register in the signup form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uqRzGv ... w/viewform

CuDi - you will need to arrange the dates with your enemies, and give them to us before the tournament starts. We want to have a fixture of the games, so we know when everyone is going to play.

Also, there was a slight mistake in the rules -the team ID numbers will not be based on the registration order, they will be randomized instead.
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 25 Jan 2014, 10:43

Heh, i have already done my translation )) But np, we'll agree with each other
Ok, i have registered.
<<

gold1

Blacksmith

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 25 Jan 2014, 19:20

where can i download the map shadow realm??
maby to put a link for every map that is not included into the remake

gold1
<<

wintertournament

Recruit

Post 25 Jan 2014, 20:24

gold1
Done. I assume Shadow and Coastal were the only ones that are not in the Remake yet, hope I remember right :)
<<

CuDi

Scout

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 25 Jan 2014, 21:12

vovets - Kirill is translating the rules for us to Russian, so you might just include them into the post on kamclub when he's done :) Thanks for help, also, thanks for the spectating offer, would be nice to have streams with Russian as well (we might do Polish too). Also, you should register in the signup form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uqRzGv ... w/viewform

CuDi - you will need to arrange the dates with your enemies, and give them to us before the tournament starts. We want to have a fixture of the games, so we know when everyone is going to play.

Also, there was a slight mistake in the rules -the team ID numbers will not be based on the registration order, they will be randomized instead.
Okay, thanks. I guess I just need to find my partner now!
<<

gold1

Blacksmith

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 25 Jan 2014, 22:00

gold1
Done. I assume Shadow and Coastal were the only ones that are not in the Remake yet, hope I remember right :)

the link for shadow realm doesn't work. (coastal expedition does work)

shadow realm and coastal expedition are indeed the only two that are not included into the remake.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 26 Jan 2014, 00:25

Because the rules doesn´t say explicit, how many towers are too much, I hope that what I saw today is against the rules, right? :)

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 26 Jan 2014, 03:12

Hey, maybe I wanna make towers within the range of my enemy's buildings after peacetime is over. Can I do that? :D
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

wintertournament

Recruit

Post 26 Jan 2014, 07:46

Hey, maybe I wanna make towers within the range of my enemy's buildings after peacetime is over. Can I do that? :D
According to the rules, no. "Building your towers in a way that makes enemy buildings to be in your tower's range is forbidden - no tower wars!" Do you think we should change that? Why?
Because the rules doesn´t say explicit, how many towers are too much, I hope that what I saw today is against the rules, right? :)

I think this isn't breaching the rules. There are way too many towers there, but it's not like he's got an entire base of towers, I'm sure he has some army as well. Of course, if he'd have 0-10 units at PT and above 10-15 towers, I'd still give such a player a walkover. We will resolve every case individually.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 26 Jan 2014, 12:21

According to the rules, no. "Building your towers in a way that makes enemy buildings to be in your tower's range is forbidden - no tower wars!" Do you think we should change that? Why?
Well why not? Building towers is just part of the game. The reason we have rules like no exploring before peacetime is because there is nothing your opponent can do to stop you, and that's unfair. After peacetime, a player should be rewarded with such aggressive expansion. I don't understand how you could be against it. It's like having a rule that you can't make crossbowmen or dance with knights :?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 26 Jan 2014, 12:41

OK, my personal opinion is that going with your towers to your enemy's base isn't morally acceptable, but I know I might be alone in that thought. I'll listen to the voice of the majority, if no better option/argument is available.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 26 Jan 2014, 13:16

In my example, this blue guy had 0 Weapons produced :lol: so I don´t think you ask seriously for an army there :mrgreen:
Nevermind, I just wanted to make clear what "a base full of towers" means for you, that´s why I posted that picture :P For an anti-tower spammer like me, 10 towers are a base with full towers in it :P For other players that´s just a normal base then, but ok thank you for your answer.
Last edited by pawel95 on 26 Jan 2014, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tournaments”