Wilderness polished version

<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 08 May 2012, 19:20

Re: Wilderness polished version

Long live the marketplace.
Yeah I know. When I 1st played the remake I didn't want to build it because I was not familiar with it, like many others. I didn't like this new feature, because I wasn't used to it I guess. Now that I do know how it can improve the game I usually build it all the time. More or less the same as the original and improved version of Wilderness :wink:

I've seen some players build 4 or even once 5 goldsmelters only for the use of trading goldchests. It's interesting to see but not how I like to play. Normally I only use the market for trading logs, saugages (I don't know why it's only 1 chest while bread is 2), grain for when the farms can't produce yet and sometimes for horses (6 chests for 1 horses is not cheap). Also skins. But never for weapons (8 chests is a little too much).

Do you play online Darklord? I was wondering because I haven't seen you yet or do you play with another name?
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 08 May 2012, 23:23

I do play now and then, but I guess I'll be waiting for the new release before playing again. My ingame name is The Dark Lord like it is here. :)
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

Post 09 May 2012, 01:34

Much troops, but no food production. I made today on your map above 100 high quality troops (including many leathers), and total 100 buildings in about an hour. On location 1 of course, I think still 4 is too weak. :P Also I don't like the idea to unlock quarry and woodcutter at start.
Hey Florek, I missed your post earlier I guess. Do you think loc 1 is better than loc 3? Personally I prefer loc 1. I've played mostly on loc. 1 and there were times I was bored when playing loc 1 again. However some say I excel on loc 1 (I wonder why :D ) So of all games I played on loc 1 I've only lost 3 times there (one of them was a 2 vs 1 situation, does that really count?) and twice on loc 4 I remember. I like to see how you made your base there, do you have a replay I can review or a screenshot? I still have the replay from Mulberry's 1st game, no kidding. I was on loc 1 and Mully and another player were in a team against me alone. (because it was deep in the night there were no more players around). It turned out I was victorious in the end because they both did mass (x)bows and some militia and I had knights besides my regular troops. Difficult but very interesting game tbh. Since that game Mully has been my teammate playing many games together. And he actually plays more than me nowadays so that says alot. So that was some history :wink:, back to the topic. Why didn't you tried the improved loc 4? I know it's probably still worst of all 4 but it's way better now with some extra trees and it's also better to defend. You should try it once to see for yourself. I challenge you to do more troops then I did on loc 4, just for fun purposes... The most troops I've seen you do in the replay of the wilderness original you posted here were no more then about 18 pikes, 15 xbow and some militia on loc 4.

I like to see the unlock of the quarry and woodcutter more often, I think it's phenomenal tbh. I heard some complains here on te forum that there weren't enough new maps made with an inn and school at the start. I dislike that idea myself so I think the prebuild is a nice compromize. But can you explain why you don't like the prebuild? It isn't in the original so if more players dislike it I can change that ofcourse, np. These buildings are optional, and I'm surprised to see nearly all players on my maps do just the school an then the inn first, but maybe it's a habbit, I don't know. Just make sure you don't forget to build the inn before 35 mins. though otherwise it will be mass starvation :( .

To
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 09 May 2012, 08:00

Show me mulberries first game!! I was his ally in the second one though :p
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

Post 09 May 2012, 14:24

Show me mulberries first game!! I was his ally in the second one though :p
Ok, only because you insist and I'll also review:

I just started playing about 2 week earlier. This match was on April 1. I remember that a Russian player joined and left my lobby multiple times and was somehow scared to play me just 1 vs 1. I said it's just a game but he didn't understand english that well. After a while Mully showed up online somewhere after 4 am in the morning. The Russian player made his own lobby so I asked mully to talk to the guy. It took him about 15 mins to persuade him to play with us and it was on his conditions. I agreed to finally get to play.

Players team 1: Just me, green player on loc 1.
Players team 2: Mully (dark red on loc 4) and the Russian player (yellow on loc 2)
Peacetime was 60 mins.

Player team 1: I rushed for early coal/gold and ironmines and started smelting at 23 mins. I also went for extra wood in the beginning. I did 2 goldsmelters. Then I builded 3 farms before 30 mins and went for producing iron weapons and a fort while building some extra woodcutters and more coalmines. I destroyed my swine farm to unluck the tannery and destroyed it too to unlock the weapons armory (did 2 and 2 weapon makers) and put up my stable there. I traded for 20 leather to train some bows later on. I did take some time to do towers at all 4 entrances. After peacetime I had 12 knights, 15 bows and 12 xbows, while more were coming. I was attacked very early on but I somehow defeated their armies mostly because of nice micro with the horses. With what I had left I tried to decimate Mully's other forces and destroyed his important buildings, which went fairly succesfull. The Russian player came to his aid so Mully survived, for the moment. If you pay attention you see 4 pikes following my 2 swordmen back to my base, isn't that the luckiest pikeman you've ever saw? Although he was killed by a 3rd stone in the end. With Mully crippled I decided to go for the other base and succesfully destroyed his forces and base, then I went back the south where Mully was rebuilding.

player team 2: The Russian player presented himself as a noob but he actually was very decent. He invested in some extra woodcutters at the start and then went for gold and iron right away. He did set up an armor and weapon smithy pretty fast and builded...? Yes xbows and more xbows. He builded some extra coalmines before going for farms (about 40 mins). He did set up a weapon maker for militia and did a late weapon armory. When peacetime was over he went straight to my base with 30 xbows and 15 militia. When their initial strike failed he started to make pikes and lost many troops while he tried to keep his teammate in the game. He gave up on that later on and gathered some troops around his own location. The 2 major mistakes I saw him do in the replay were lack of towers and his 2nd goldmine that came too late (while he had 2 goldsmelters all along and no market).

Other player team 2: Mulberry made slow progress on loc 4 and had some farms up around 30 mins and his goldsmelter at 32 mins. He also had wood problems. He had 2 weapon makers up at 36 mins (1 produced axes and the other bows) and went for a tannery, some towers and 2 weapon armory's and another weapon maker. He also did his 2nd goldsmelter. When pt was over he had about 15 militia and 8 bows, more coming. He ignored iron in the game, maybe it was on purpose, maybe he didn't had time, I don't know. He did what he could to defend his base but couldn't manage it, even with the extra troops send by his ally.

The replay: http://www.mediafire.com/?jhon882om5cysy9

To
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 09 May 2012, 16:47

Thanks ;) I'll watch it immediately
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

Post 23 Aug 2012, 19:12

I've also updated Wilderness.

+ fixed terrain
+ added more food:
30 sausages (was 15)
40 loaves (was 35)
40 fish (was 30)
60 wine (untouched)
+ added some more trees for location 2 (above storehouse).
+ removed 3 trees from location 1 (2 of them stood on the coalfield)
+ added a thicker layer of gold in the southern goldmountain for location 4 so if you place your 1st goldmines there they shouldn't be depleted that soon anymore.

update: http://www.mediafire.com/?o3acbceabu9vaf2

To
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 23 Aug 2012, 21:42

Thanks, I'll watch for the changes.
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 24 Aug 2012, 02:46

The changes look good so we'll use it :)

Return to “Map Design”