Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Drunk Soldiers - any fix?

<<

Sebrav

Recruit

Post 04 Jul 2010, 20:16

Drunk Soldiers - any fix?

Hi, ever encountered those "Drunk Soldiers"?
Its also called soldier delay.

i was wondering, is there any fix for the soldier delay?

The information i got, is, that the troops i equip from Town hall gets very fast drunk. and when they get drunk, all my troops get drunk.
i mean these troops:

Rebel
Militia trained in the Townhall.
Rogue
Vagabond
Warrior
Dunno about the Barbarian. (When i train them in the Townhall)
Ballista
Catapult

So, if i may joke abit, though it isn't fun, the more i train in the townhall, the more alchohol produces it, and that will be spreaded on my/your whole army.

And then the barracks, have created some missions with only TSK troops. Worked perfectly. then, when i placed some TPR troops, they got abit drunk, and the more TPR troops i placed, they just got more drunk.

The thing is, i love to play KaM, until i get those drunk soldiers. I hate thier reaction time. Sometimes, i wait 8-9 seconds before they react. and then another 8-9 seconds to find out, what they actually shall do.

Put this another way, this bug MUST be fixed, either in original KaM, or, don't allow this in KaM remakes.

And if you have some corrections, feel free to comment.

Sincerely, Sebrav
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Jul 2010, 05:21

Actually, this is not known as "Drunk soldiers." Drunk soldiers is when all (or most) of the soldiers run around the map doing random things. Infentry who can use the "start attack" command will also do that.
The bud your looking at...don't know what it's called, but the best way to fix it is to just not train town hall units. They cost too much gold anyway.
Interestingly, this bug won't happen if the town hall units were in the mission to begain with (someone had them for starting troops). Perhaps it has something to to with the town hall, and not the troops themselves? I don't know.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 05 Jul 2010, 09:10

I think it's called sleepy soldiers. I once had a theory that the fact that they shared their ID with certain animals was the cause of it, but I don't know my way around units.dat well enough to test it. Then again, if the militia also causes it, it disproves my theory.
<<

Sebrav

Recruit

Post 05 Jul 2010, 16:04

Thanks for replying! i'll follow these tips... though i love to train town hall units, lol.

EDIT: When i got time, i'll try to train some of those units, and then destroy the townhall. see if that helps.

Sincerely, Sebrav
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Jul 2010, 17:45

I think it's called sleepy soldiers. I once had a theory that the fact that they shared their ID with certain animals was the cause of it, but I don't know my way around units.dat well enough to test it. Then again, if the militia also causes it, it disproves my theory.
If they do share their ID's with animals, then it seems as though it could be a cause, but I'm not one who would know, though. Then again, if this were the case it would also affect the units that started in the mission, but for me, I never have problems with the soldiers as long as they weren't trained in the mission.
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 06 Jul 2010, 10:11

Ballista
Catapult
AFAIK machines made in siege workshop are not the cause of the bug.
<<

merchant_992

Pikeman

Post 06 Jul 2010, 16:50

What about this explanation. Maybe becaus of the limit of 256 they have to share id's with animals.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Apr 2011, 03:13

But has anyone have taken into account that Town hall units don't have the sleepy soldiers bug if they are starting troops?

Return to “1.60 Patch (Service Release 3)”