Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Town Hall Units

<<

D3VILSBALLZ

Laborer

Post 04 Jul 2013, 19:16

Re: Town Hall Units

I still don't really know why they removed the town hall....even back in those days there were mercenaries you could hire for gold....
still though maybe the only problem was the name...town hall.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 04 Jul 2013, 19:32

Adding it in multiplayer won't work with the current version of the townhall. So how would you bring it back?
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 04 Jul 2013, 22:21

I still don't really know why they removed the town hall....
http://www.kamremake.com/faq/#townhall

That's like the 1654648th thread about this, it always ends up with the exact same discussion :(
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Jul 2013, 04:29

If I had a nickle for everytime someone has asked this.... :P
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 05 Jul 2013, 09:14

Eventhough thats the gives reason i would like to hear his solution on this "problem". Maybe he has an unique idea which can work.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 06 Jul 2013, 12:07

Why do you even bother with town hall units? Does anyone really plan to recruit them?

They are just like milita - so weak that nobody really uses them.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 06 Jul 2013, 12:11

Why do you even bother with town hall units? Does anyone really plan to recruit them?

They are just like milita - so weak that nobody really uses them.
well rebels have more uses then militia considering the bonus vs cavalry, for the rest they are kind of the same :D
but yeah i would love to see the tpr units back in some way.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

The Duke

Post 06 Jul 2013, 12:15

leather would be to expensive for a slingshot so i suggest that it should be made from 2/3 grain/2wood. maybe at an option on farms whit make slingshots. costing some time so reducing the ammaunt of grainfields needed. if it requires wood it will be moved to the weapon workshop

for the warior add a big axe to the smithy that requires 2/3 iron and 2/3 coal to produce
warrior will cost 1 giant axe 1 iron armor and 1 recruit
barbarian will cost 1 giant axe and 1 recruit, but loses its shield. this wll make it easier for archers to take them down but reducing the cost slightly. anyway its weird a barbarian has shield while wearing no armor.

for the pitchfork, maybe it can be made out of 2 wood, same as whit an normal axe the weapon part is iron but the rest is wood.

this way it will stay simple and no extra buildings needed. also quite 'realistic'
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 07 Jul 2013, 14:39

leather would be to expensive for a slingshot so i suggest that it should be made from 2/3 grain

I have a picture as a reply, but I don't want to get a warning for it...

1 leather = 0,5 skin
1 skin = 1 pig
1 pig = 4 corn
1 skin = 4 corn
0,5 skin = 2 corn

U well bro?
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Storyteller

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 19 Jan 2016, 09:42

I like the idea of the primitive units, though if they are going to be trained normally, it should be in the barracks.
I think the best compromise for the useless villagers and town hall units is to allow useless villagers to be turned into the militia unit.

As for the 'primitive troops' maybe a training ground building if one is needed.

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”