Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

powah tournament 2v2

<<

powah tour

Militia

Post 14 Jun 2012, 21:37

Re: powah tournament 2v2

But, what does players need to do for "originality value: 5/5"? :D
I guess the game needs to be other than most games, players need to use different/unpopular tactics. By the way, what does "informative value" mean? Maybe you meant "educational value"?
yes something like that, informative value is what you can learn from it...
There are some strats you dont see every day and if its succesfull then it could be given a 5/5 value.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 14 Jun 2012, 22:06

The Dark Lord Beerzoeper vs `Maurice Yoven. VERY INTERESTING GAMES!
What exactly was so interesting? Sure, it was a long game, but it wasn't really special was it? :P
I should do review for extremely interesting game made by dutch players wich last 2hours35min. :D (<3 dutch) :$
I'd love to see it reviewed and read your opinions to see if they match my own. :) Love you too btw lol
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 15 Jun 2012, 00:12

It just was a long game... and Maurice and Yoven lost because they took the suicide decision to attack 3 different sides with few men and walking cross towers... the "miracle" defensive victory on their lands, wasted in such a catastrophic mistake.

Btw, I think that the last game (Vortex+Itlerion)... has some nice micro with Scouts.
You see there... "Luki, the Lucky", won it with his last breath (chests/food crisis), 5 militias were his last soldiers...

Mulberry: Is not about length, but about maneuvers what make a match interesting.
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 15 Jun 2012, 03:04

Mulberry: Is not about length, but about maneuvers what make a match interesting.
True. But before teaching someone somethings better discover how to play. With this, i know, you have huge problems :D That is why you havent seen anithing interesting in gameplay :P
<<

Luki

Lance Carrier

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 15 Jun 2012, 09:27

Jeronimo, agree. I played kinda bad, never had that weak own game on this map. Wanted fast game so didnt built food building( just 2 fish+ butcher). And my own horses were useless, didnt do any good with them. But had 15 xbows in last reserve. Anyway if game should lastmore than 15 min, will be hard for me ;]
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 15 Jun 2012, 09:43

Also, did you see how random some fights were? For example my freshly trained scout lost to one that was hungry in a 1v1 fight, and 13 pikemen and 11 militia lost to 18 pikemen, 3 archers and 2 crossbowmen (seems fair, but his archers/crossbowmen couldn't shoot the whole time because I was harrassing them with cavalry and he had 12 pikemen left after the fight, so he only lost 6 pikemen...). And it really pisses me off when 2 of my crossbowmen die to kill ONE pathetic archer. But ok. :P
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 15 Jun 2012, 09:48

Bad karma is the cause my friend.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 15 Jun 2012, 10:12

Also, did you see how random some fights were? For example my freshly trained scout lost to one that was hungry in a 1v1 fight, and 13 pikemen and 11 militia lost to 18 pikemen, 3 archers and 2 crossbowmen (seems fair, but his archers/crossbowmen couldn't shoot the whole time because I was harrassing them with cavalry and he had 12 pikemen left after the fight, so he only lost 6 pikemen...). And it really pisses me off when 2 of my crossbowmen die to kill ONE pathetic archer. But ok. :P
Being hungry doesn't effect a unit's ability to fight, I'm pretty sure it's like that in TSK/TPR too (never seen any evidence otherwise anyway)

As for fights like that, it can really depend on how you engage the person. If your guys start to get surrounded they will lose. For example if the enemy soldiers are in a wide formation and you march at them in a narrow line, you will often lose even with better soldiers because your guys become surrounded. (hits from the back do way more damage than hits from the font) But also it can just be bad luck, it's the nature of KaM. It's not like Age of Empires or something where you can usually predict the outcomes of battles just by looking at what each team has. I like to think it's more tactical and interesting because of this. A smaller force that is commanded better can defeat a larger force.
But yeah occasionally things just don't go your way even if you command your soldiers perfectly :P
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 15 Jun 2012, 10:27

Being hungry doesn't effect a unit's ability to fight, I'm pretty sure it's like that in TSK/TPR too (never seen any evidence otherwise anyway)
Oh I thought it did, that's good to know.
As for fights like that, it can really depend on how you engage the person. If your guys start to get surrounded they will lose. For example if the enemy soldiers are in a wide formation and you march at them in a narrow line, you will often lose even with better soldiers because your guys become surrounded. (hits from the back do way more damage than hits from the font) But also it can just be bad luck, it's the nature of KaM. It's not like Age of Empires or something where you can usually predict the outcomes of battles just by looking at what each team has. I like to think it's more tactical and interesting because of this. A smaller force that is commanded better can defeat a larger force.
But yeah occasionally things just don't go your way even if you command your soldiers perfectly :P
Well my troops certainly weren't marching at them in a narrow row, but I admit their formation wasn't ideal either. But still, it should've cost them at least 12 pikemen if you ask me. ;)
<<

Kruciprdel

Farmer

Post 15 Jun 2012, 21:06

hi,
I found this link for a 24 team tournament bracket (http://www.printyourbrackets.com/pdfbra ... double.pdf), you do not have anything like insight for this tournament? I am interested in how it will continue because I do not see how it will be based :(
Or this will be addressed until a future situation? :)
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 15 Jun 2012, 21:20

Not like there. There you can see winner of loser bracket will meet winner of main bracket. What we have here is that winner of looser bracket will rich semi-finals and meet there 3 opponents from main bracket. Very simple. But thanks for the link!!!

Also one who loose there in 2nd 3rd 4th round goes to the loser bracket too, in our situation we cant make it because of time. :(

Powah tour
<<

Kruciprdel

Farmer

Post 15 Jun 2012, 21:48

Not like there. There you can see winner of loser bracket will meet winner of main bracket. What we have here is that winner of looser bracket will rich semi-finals and meet there 3 opponents from main bracket. Very simple. But thanks for the link!!!

Also one who loose there in 2nd 3rd 4th round goes to the loser bracket too, in our situation we cant make it because of time. :(

Powah tour
Yes, I understand. But the semifinal losers will be for 6 teams, but the finals losers should be for 2 teams ...
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 15 Jun 2012, 21:50

That system Krucipdrel is called "Double Elimination", you need to lose twice (no exceptions) to be out of Tournament.

By the way... what do you think of using this website... "challonge" for future tournament 1v1 "Single Elimination"?
http://aow.challonge.com/

Russian Age of Wonders players use it for organizing their events now (and combine it with Imgur for writing the Reports).
There is also a Swiss system, in which players start playing with higher opponents once they start winning.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 16 Jun 2012, 01:22

I would like to emphasize here how awesome the game between Luki, Woloszek and Beerzoeper and me was and I REALLY recommend watching the replay (warning: game was about 3 hours long ;)). Beerzoeper and me both made mistakes, and that is why we lost. After peace time Luki and Woloszek positioned their troops around Beerzoeper. We didn't expect them to attack so boldly and weren't as well prepared as we could have been, but it wasn't too hard to kill of the attack (although Beerzoeper suffered some substantial losses (villagers)). Luki and Woloszek sent new troops and after playing some cat-and-mouse we made them retreat. We followed them and eventually we engaged battle again. We did bad in this fight and we lost a lot of troops. At this moment I noticed all my coal went to my iron smelters and smithy's and I had no gold for recruits. I only had 12 archers and 12 pikemen left and totally relied on Beerzoeper at this time. I don't know how, but we survived this and now my economy was running fairly smooth again. We had a huge map advantage at this point because we had the possibility to extend our villages to the south and west and get more resources, while Luki and Woloszek were stuck at their patch of land. So we had the upper hand at this point, but then Beerzoeper ran out of gold, had no market and all his builders were killed: game over. He had still some troops though and we launched a final assault upon the enemy. We managed to break through in the south, but were quickly repelled because they had too many new troops. We retreated and Luki, who scouted my village ( :@ ) noticed I had many new troops as well. He shouted something like 'Omg you got a new army?!' and seemed clearly surprised. Because he said this, I assumed they ran out of resources and weren't able to get many new troops. I thought I might have a chance on my own and attacked again. Once again we (Beerzoeper still had some troops left) managed to get inside but also this time they managed to stop our attack and we had to retreat again. I noticed I was wrong about their capability to train new troops as more and more soldiers were marching towards us. We survived for a long time but not long enough. Beerzoeper and me were convinced we would've won if Beerzoeper still had gold, but alas! Game over for us, and we wish Luki and Woloszek good luck in the next round. :)

Now I'll listen to Bob Marley's 'Three Little Birds' myself. ;)

Replay: http://speedy.sh/5v7Uq/Replay.rar
Last edited by The Dark Lord on 16 Jun 2012, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 16 Jun 2012, 02:05

The Dark Lord, Beerzoeper, i am sitting and crying you were my favorite couple on this tour. :( i can say only this: if will meet them myself ill destroy all their buildings, kill all the man and plant lots of wine on their graves!!! Argraaah arrrr :mad:

Kruciprdel, Semi-final in looser bracket for 1,2 teams and final for the winner of semi-final and one who left(3rd team). This is not so fair but we coudnt find better solution. We will be very glad if you propouse some variants (but please no FFA for 3 teams) :)

Return to “Tournaments”