Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Winter Comes

<<

HellRacer

Lance Carrier

Post 19 May 2012, 11:48

Winter Comes

A discussion topic for my map "Winter Comes", as it was requested by Mulberry :P
(I guess things need to be improved again:P)
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 19 May 2012, 15:10

Re: Winter Comes

These are the problems in my opinion:
The coal from player 6, 7, and the iron from player 5, 8 is a bit more far away than from northern players.
The northern players don't have fish.

I played some minutes ago on Volcano Valley, it's a very good map, but the low starting resources makes the game very slow at the beginning.
<<

HellRacer

Lance Carrier

Post 19 May 2012, 15:40

The fish issue should've been corrected, because I asked Lewin to disable the fisher

On VV, yes I agree to that. I won't correct it untill the next release I guess, unless there is a high demand, then I'll upload it and post it on the forum.
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

Post 19 May 2012, 18:17

I didn't know that the fish issue has been already corrected.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 20 May 2012, 02:33

I didn't know that the fish issue has been already corrected.
Actually it should be correct in r3392 :)
I blocked the fisherman's hut at HellRacer's request before release.
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 20 May 2012, 17:51

YEs i have requested this topic for the following reasons:

Look at this location 1:

63 points of road to 1+2 gold mines, super long road to the 3rd mine, 22 trees total.

Look at Location 8 opponent of 1st:

41 point of road to 1,2 gold mines, coal on the way, 3,4 gold on the way to iron, 82 trees on the way to iron + extra tress on south:

Player on location 1 have no chance! Not even a little one... And you can see this balance all over the north. No balance at all... The most horrible thing for middle players on the north is that their opponents have unbeatable position in the center near the coal!!!
<<

HellRacer

Lance Carrier

Post 20 May 2012, 18:09

Hmm, I see.
This is quite unbalanced.
Do you maybe have a suggestion for how to solve this? It may ruin the map otherwise.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 20 May 2012, 18:14

maybe replace the iron with the gold although this will probably "ruin" the map a bit
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 20 May 2012, 18:37

Hm... I remember the game when Revo won Florek because of extra militia (extra wood and gold) loc 8 vs location 1. This is quite simple to manage i think. Players who have lower wood need more iron and a little bit more coal. So loc 1 need 4 iron mines, location 8 - 3 iron mines. And equal amount of gold 4 mines vs 4 mines (it means add 1 mine to the north).
<<

HellRacer

Lance Carrier

Post 20 May 2012, 19:49

The most horrible thing for middle players on the north is that their opponents have unbeatable position in the center near the coal!!!
Why is this unfair? Don't the north players in the middle have a similar defence position?
Players who have lower wood need more iron and a little bit more coal.
I was going to add some more trees for all positions who have less than the others.
So loc 1 need 4 iron mines, location 8 - 3 iron mines.
Location 8 has got 3 iron mines but they are all quite far away from the storehouse, while loc 1 has 3 mines (well at least 2) on the way to coal.
And equal amount of gold 4 mines vs 4 mines (it means add 1 mine to the north).
I hope I can find a place to put the 4th one.
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 29 May 2012, 13:29

The most horrible thing for middle players on the north is that their opponents have unbeatable position in the center near the coal!!!
Why is this unfair? Don't the north players in the middle have a similar defence position?
Players who have lower wood need more iron and a little bit more coal.
I was going to add some more trees for all positions who have less than the others.
So loc 1 need 4 iron mines, location 8 - 3 iron mines.
Location 8 has got 3 iron mines but they are all quite far away from the storehouse, while loc 1 has 3 mines (well at least 2) on the way to coal.
And equal amount of gold 4 mines vs 4 mines (it means add 1 mine to the north).
I hope I can find a place to put the 4th one.
1) The players south of the center have better defending position, cause they take coal in the center early + many place for the warriors/manouvers there. Northern players cant reach there as fast as southern and they have lack of space there. This coal position is nearly impossible to atack from the north.

2) But then north wouldnt look like a real north :wink:

3) I ment if you have less wood army, then you need more iron army (+1 iron mine can solve this problem). That was a suggestion. :idea:

4) Yeah. You definetly need to put it there.

P.s. Sorry for this 1-4 points thing. cant solve quote stuff for some reason :(
<<

HellRacer

Lance Carrier

Post 04 Jun 2012, 21:46

I might have found a solution on the gold mines, Mulberry:
I just added 2 more spots for the 2 south mountains (plus some more gold ore).
This way you can have 2 mines at the beginning(1+2) and you will be able to build others when 1 and 2 run out of resources, I added a picture to clarify it.
gold mines.png
goldmines 1+2 on the way to coal and 3+4 south

What do you think of it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 05 Jun 2012, 10:26

Looks much better! How you gona solve wood problem?
<<

HellRacer

Lance Carrier

Post 05 Jun 2012, 14:19

I will probably add more trees and tree trunks in the storehouse
<<

HellRacer

Lance Carrier

Post 10 Jun 2012, 18:41

1) The players south of the center have better defending position, cause they take coal in the center early + many place for the warriors/manouvers there. Northern players cant reach there as fast as southern and they have lack of space there. This coal position is nearly impossible to atack from the north.
winter comes center.png
Would it be an idea to make a small passage between this mountain? This way the south will have to build further in order to make towers.
Or would it be a disadvantage to the northern players?
I personally don't think so because this passage will be a little nearer to the northern player than to the southern ones.

I'm just trying to find a sollution.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Map Design”