Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Improve The Valley of Dangers

<<

Piko

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 19 May 2012, 07:35

Improve The Valley of Dangers

Will someone improve this map? Because it's cool, but ugly, so it can be deleted in next Remake. If nobody work on improve this map now, I'll do it.
ImageImage
<<

Florek

Pikeman

Post 19 May 2012, 09:12

Re: Improve The Valley of Dangers

Rotfl, it's Shadoe map, who is still active and only he have rights to posting his map and his improvements.
powah gamin! - trusted source of best KaM Remake replays!
Conquest of Paradise - balanced 1v1 map in the spirit of maps like Golden Cliffs or Across the Desert
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 19 May 2012, 09:31

Its not a cool map if you ask me.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 19 May 2012, 09:39

THe idea of the map is very clever. But the way it had done.. yeah really ugly. If someone will make full mirror map but cute/pretty/accurate/beautifull and not with one bridge, i would be really glad.
<<

Piko

Warrior

Post 19 May 2012, 09:53

Its not a cool map if you ask me.
Yeh, you are a bit right. But it's really good balanced and if play top vs bottom it's really interesing. And I play good on this map :P

Rotfl, it's Shadoe map, who is still active and only he have rights to posting his map and his improvements.
His maps haven't copyright :P Fanmade maps can be improved by other person.
ImageImage
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 19 May 2012, 11:27

His maps haven't copyright :P Fanmade maps can be improved by other person.
You should get his permission before modifying his map. We certainly won't include a modified fan-made map in the Remake without the author's permission.
<<

Piko

Warrior

Post 19 May 2012, 15:05

You should get his permission before modifying his map. We certainly won't include a modified fan-made map in the Remake without the author's permission.
I send PM to him some time ago.
ImageImage
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 20 May 2012, 20:52

Oh sorry, I hadn't visited the forum since quite some time, I answered your PM before seeing this thread, so don't take the PM into account ..
Will someone improve this map? Because it's cool, but ugly, so it can be deleted in next Remake. If nobody work on improve this map now, I'll do it.
May I ask you why you think my map would be deleted in future verisons of the remake ? I never heard such things.

Well, I never found this map was ugly, but it seems many do believe it is..

I never wanted to change it, but if someone out there has the will of changing that, please do so, but keep in mind :
-send me the version you made by PM, don't release it publicly before I give the permission
-you can change the look, but I don't want anything in the gameplay to be changed, keep the same buildable tiles, everything at it's same place, change only the "look"
-I'll only approve a modified version if it pleases me, maybe you'll work for nothing, if I dislike the changes I won't approve it.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 22 May 2012, 13:56

I am concerned by this rumour that we will delete The Valley of Dangers. We have not decided whether we will remove ANY maps, and we have not made any decision on which ones would be removed if we do remove maps. I'm not saying The Valley of Dangers is safe from removal, I'm just saying that we haven't made any decisions or made any announcements so I don't understand why this rumour started.

@Piko: Who did you hear it from that we were planning to remove The Valley of Dangers in the next release? If you made this up yourself, then I ask you to stop spreading rumours in order to get your way (i.e. get permission from Shadaoe to edit The Valley of Dangers by threatening that it will be removed)

I'm not defending The Valley of Dangers I'm just saying you should NOT start rumours like "this map will be removed in the next release because it's ugly" without any evidence. If you had said "I think The Valley of Dangers might be removed from the Remake in future because it's ugly" that is perfectly fine, you are stating your own personal opinion and not trying to state my/our (KaM Remake team's) opinion when you don't know what our opinion is.

I realise English isn't your first language so your post on this thread can be interpreted either way, but I asked Shadaoe to tell me what you wrote to him in private messages and it's pretty obvious you are saying the map will definitely be deleted unless he gives you permission to change it.
Thank you.
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 22 May 2012, 14:15

Thanks for clarifying that Lewin ;)
I'd perfectly understand if my map was removed, but please Piko don't use it as a mean of making me accept your changes on my map, even more if it's a rumour.

I took the decision of improving the map myself, I hear too many complaints about it, well almost only complaints. I absolutely want to keep the spirit of the map, i'll try to improve the look a bit, but it will never be a natural map as you can see in the original KaM or in many of the fan made maps, it'll look a lot smoother after my improvements, but don't expect a radical change over the gameplay of the map.

Return to “Map Design”