Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Comparison of the game process in origin TSK and KaM Remake

<<

Lord_Stronghold

Crossbowman

Post 03 May 2012, 22:19

Comparison of the game process in origin TSK and KaM Remake

Well, I chatted with Koczis here about this problem, and that is what I said him. If you know more differences between playing process of multiplayer game - please write.

Well, after this game I understood all. I think my english is not enough for good explanation, but I will try.

1) In origin TSK serfs (and others) are more "stupid"

2) For fast-building we need build houses closer to each other

3) That is why many fast players have a permanent stocks (like cars on the road)

4) But, serfs in remake are not become hungry as soon as in origin TSK.

5) Join point 1 with point 4 and compare it with playing process in origin TSK: such permanent stocks will make a hunger in town and bad delivering; town "stops" in this case. In remake more clever serfs better avoid such stocks and do not die of hunger.

6) Also in remake we should not feed the forces as well as in origin tsk, especially when we playing in rush-manner, that is why we need produce amount of food which enough only for serfs.

7) the rush tactic is not need the balanced economy with permanent growing of food, and if you planning the long balanced economy game, and your opponent planning to rush, more % of success on the enemy side. So if you wanna play good in remake - you have to play in rush manner.

That is why the process of game in origin tsk and remake is much different. The tactics of economy strategy in tsk doesn`t work in remake absolutely, as remake`s tactics in original tsk.
Image Image
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 04 May 2012, 02:10

Re: Comparison of the game process in origin TSK and KaM Rem

Units get hungry at the same rate as in TSK. The difference in the Remake is that units start with random condition, meaning they do not ALL get hungry at the same time. This means you don't notice it as much, and it is less disruptive. In TSK all of your starting units became hungry at the same time, which put a sharp load on your economy when everyone stops working and serfs all need to deliver food. In the Remake units get hungry at different times because they start with random condition, which doesn't effect your economy so much so it feels like they eat less often. But the overall food consumption per unit per hour is the same, it's just more even/smooth in the Remake.
We measured the time units take to run out of condition, it is the same in TSK and The Remake. If anyone disagrees and wants to measure it please do.
Soldiers are the same, they get hungry at the same rate as in TSK.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 04 May 2012, 05:09

Also Lewin has greatly improved serfs deliveries in latest RC demo, now there are much less jams as town needs not as much serfs to run efficiently.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Lord_Stronghold

Crossbowman

Post 04 May 2012, 12:22

Soldiers are the same, they get hungry at the same rate as in TSK.

probably) but result is almost equal - u need the permanent food-growing in TSK from the begining of the game, and if u will make main weapons (not axes of another wooden weapon) - u will have a hunger and economy is destroyed (also u have no market for buying a food or wood or another resorts). U can use in tsk just militia rush, but if opponent will make fast some towers and militia - rush will be destroyed.

I do not want say that all it good or bad (cause it is too relatively), but I think it is real) "it`s a damn real" :D
Image Image

Return to “Strategy Central”