Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

czechboss map 3v2

<<

vojta_f

Militia

Post 18 Sep 2012, 14:59

Re: czechboss map 3v2

Map is complete
Last edited by vojta_f on 23 Sep 2012, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
<<

vojta_f

Militia

Post 23 Sep 2012, 21:10

Please comment
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 24 Sep 2012, 08:27

It's looking good now, but I still noticed a few little problems:

1. As I said last time the woodcutter will not chop down this type of tree, I think the player will be very frustrated by that because he can't collect wood from them and he can't clear the area to build other things. That type of tree (the biggest dark green one with not much trunk visible) should not be used often in the player's area. It's like putting palm trees, the player can't cut them down.

2. Hard edge on tiles here:

3. There's no description/story (like other maps have). I can correct your English for you and rewrite the story in more natural language.

Once these things are fixed I think we can add it to the upcoming release :)
<<

vojta_f

Militia

Post 24 Sep 2012, 14:09

It's looking good now, but I still noticed a few little problems:

1. As I said last time the woodcutter will not chop down this type of tree, I think the player will be very frustrated by that because he can't collect wood from them and he can't clear the area to build other things. That type of tree (the biggest dark green one with not much trunk visible) should not be used often in the player's area. It's like putting palm trees, the player can't cut them down.

2. Hard edge on tiles here:

3. There's no description/story (like other maps have). I can correct your English for you and rewrite the story in more natural language.

Once these things are fixed I think we can add it to the upcoming release :)

done,work without story
http://www.speedyshare.com/uEvxZ/Mystery-hole.rar
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 24 Sep 2012, 15:14

Sorry for the bother, but I just noticed another problem: Stone hills will not be mined if the bottom of the hills is too steep and not walkable (canWalk):

(and there are more places like this)
The red bits might not be mined because the stonemason cannot access them, they will be like this:

Some of these do not need fixing because they are not near a player, but some will annoy the player I think. You can decide which ones need to be fixed. This was the problem with The Cracked Land loc 7 where the stone would not be mined.

Also, players 1-3 have the iron smelter allowed at the start, but they don't start with any iron. Maybe the iron smelter shouldn't be allowed at the start for them?

I'll make a description for you in that case.
<<

vojta_f

Militia

Post 24 Sep 2012, 18:04

Sorry for the bother, but I just noticed another problem: Stone hills will not be mined if the bottom of the hills is too steep and not walkable (canWalk):

(and there are more places like this)
The red bits might not be mined because the stonemason cannot access them, they will be like this:

Some of these do not need fixing because they are not near a player, but some will annoy the player I think. You can decide which ones need to be fixed. This was the problem with The Cracked Land loc 7 where the stone would not be mined.

Also, players 1-3 have the iron smelter allowed at the start, but they don't start with any iron. Maybe the iron smelter shouldn't be allowed at the start for them?

I'll make a description for you in that case.

file mystery hole There is a story

http://www.speedyshare.com/brzTH/Mystery-hole.rar
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 02 Oct 2012, 19:51

We played Mystery Hole today - Luki, woloszek versus Bercik, sado, Leo. I must say this was the most painful game I ever played. I played loc 2 (again) and the coal is way too far. I needed more than 30 minutes to produce first gold! The road to coal is really too long. I propose one of these things:
-moving storehouse (and maybe stone mountains?) a bit to the top
-making a small coal near gold - enough to make 3-4 coal mines

I know it wasn't my best game on this map - in fact, I had a bigger city the first time we played it, but this map is too unforgiving. Gold is the most important thing in the beginning, and if it takes 30min to make it, then you spend half of the peacetime doing nothing! I didn't even make iron, I would waste lots of time, and it would make my city suffer even more, if I tried it.

If my post is too difficult to understand, I hope someone translates my thoughts to czechboss.
<<

vojta_f

Militia

Post 02 Oct 2012, 21:23

We played Mystery Hole today - Luki, woloszek versus Bercik, sado, Leo. I must say this was the most painful game I ever played. I played loc 2 (again) and the coal is way too far. I needed more than 30 minutes to produce first gold! The road to coal is really too long. I propose one of these things:
-moving storehouse (and maybe stone mountains?) a bit to the top
-making a small coal near gold - enough to make 3-4 coal mines

I know it wasn't my best game on this map - in fact, I had a bigger city the first time we played it, but this map is too unforgiving. Gold is the most important thing in the beginning, and if it takes 30min to make it, then you spend half of the peacetime doing nothing! I didn't even make iron, I would waste lots of time, and it would make my city suffer even more, if I tried it.

If my post is too difficult to understand, I hope someone translates my thoughts to czechboss.

You can send save?

http://www.speedyshare.com/6sHKN/Mystery-hole.zip

finished editing maps

Return to “Map Design”