Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Knights and Merchants TSK Windows 7 Problem

<<

H.A.H.

Post 13 Apr 2012, 10:39

Knights and Merchants TSK Windows 7 Problem

Hello, i own a legal copy of Knights and Merchants The shattered Kingdom which is now more then 10 years old (and still working).
Problem is, i now use Windows 7 64-bit and the setup cannot be run.
It says it is a 16-bit application which cannot be executed by the 64-bit windows version.

I am pretty much screwed now and i would like to ask if there is some kind of free download setup for TSK which would allow me to install the game on my new windows version.
I also own a legal copy of TPR but as it seems the multiplayer of TPR is in fact buggy since i always get desync errors.

I know from experience that my old TSK version worked flawless (more or less) back when i played it many years ago. Thats why i wanted to give it a try.

It would be so nice if anybody could help me to finally play this game again with my friends. So much nostalgia and great memories would come back.

Thank you very much in advance.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 13 Apr 2012, 12:41

Re: Knights and Merchants TSK Windows 7 Problem

Yeah there's no way to get the TSK installer working on a 64 bit machine :(
You can install it on a 32 bit machine, then copy the folder to your 64 bit machine. It might not recognise the CD after copying so you might have to crack it...

Or you could try the KaM Remake as multiplayer works much better there and you can play over the internet too, and at modern resolutions.
<<

Post 13 Apr 2012, 18:54

Yeah there's no way to get the TSK installer working on a 64 bit machine :(
You can install it on a 32 bit machine, then copy the folder to your 64 bit machine. It might not recognise the CD after copying so you might have to crack it...

Or you could try the KaM Remake as multiplayer works much better there and you can play over the internet too, and at modern resolutions.
Unfortunately it doesnt work in combination with my version of TPR.
It says it cannot find the game.

I bought the game in a bundle with several other games of Zuxxez, all together for 5€ from a well known retailer.

Is there any kind of file which needs to be imported to apply the remake patches?
I already bought this game a total of 4 times in my life, 2 times tsk and 2 times tpr of which i both times lost one copy over time, and i dont think i am going to buy it again.

Thanks again for your answers.
<<

Post 13 Apr 2012, 20:06

I have to apology.
Contrary to my previous statement it does work with my version of the game.
It is just that the game was not installed on the laptop i was trying to install the remake to but merely copied via LAN because the laptop didnt have any dvd drive.

Thank you for your time.

Return to “General Talk”