Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Multiplayer Desync Problems (Windows 7 64bit V.1.58 SR2)

<<

H.A.H.

Post 13 Apr 2012, 10:12

Multiplayer Desync Problems (Windows 7 64bit V.1.58 SR2)

Hello, just tried to play TPR with a friend of mine via LAN.
We used TCP/IP for the connection and played for an hour or so until one of us got his first combat units and moved out to the other just to find out the games where not in sync.
He had buildings at the wrong positions (not where he build them) and some of his buildings werent even present on my game.
Furthermore he didnt see any of my units at all while i was killing his workers and attacking his buildings. Nothing happened for him.
Then at some point the games just crashed on both of our computers.

We both use Windows 7 64bit with TPR installed from a legal copy of the disc, installed V.1.58 Service Release 2 (which we downloaded from knightsandmerchants.de) and a ddraw.dll (from somewhere on the internet) in our KaM folders.

Can anybody give us a hint how to fix the multiplayer?
I know i played the original TSK many years ago when it first came out and it worked like a charm without any kinds of patches.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 13 Apr 2012, 12:35

Re: Multiplayer Desync Problems (Windows 7 64bit V.1.58 SR2)

Yes TPR has desync errors, and unfortunately there's no way to fix it :( TSK doesn't have out of sync errors.
I suggest trying the KaM Remake as multiplayer works much better there and you can play over the internet too, and at modern resolutions.

Return to “General Talk”