Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Game length theories (overly serious)

<<

Categoricus

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 19 Feb 2013, 15:00

Re: Game length theories (overly serious)

POINT 1: In this case, longer games end with the same result as short games. Furthermore, the small difference in skill will get bigger as the game proceeds, since the better player has more workers, more production etc. And these more workers and more production results in even more workers and stuff. Thus the better player will only grow its advantage as the game gets longer. Thus for a less skilled player, shorter game is more likely to end with a victory.
This point easily fails on running out of iron. Maybe a player like me isn't fast enough to set up a huge city that provides worthwhile iron crafting, but once I have survived the enemy's iron rush with towers and wooden units, circumstances change a lot: I mean, by that time I'll have had pretty much time to establish my iron production, and if relatively few of it is available, this can give an advantage to me for the remaining time of the game.
I think it would be good to play matches against equally matched opponents and let the game facilitate this.
If you add a censor method checking for word "noob", you're welcome to add features like that. For me personally it's definitely derogatory to get assigned to a newbie after 14 years of experience in KaM, even if I assume that my multiplayer skills are stuck at a lower-intermediate level. Without any offense, there are many talented players calling names on less talented ones out of their first impression, who were likely farting into the sandpit those times when I was first trying to solve TSK mission 1 in 1999. As far as I can remember, I never typed "noob" into the chatbox, I simply have no need for it, not that I haven't played with people having, to say, incomplete knowledge of basic features.
Primus Christianus Hungaricus Categoricus
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 19 Feb 2013, 15:23

Dude, stop the necro-posting. This thread has been dead for almost 13 months.
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

Categoricus

Warrior

Post 19 Feb 2013, 15:35

IMHO it's been dead for approx. 10 minutes, thanks to you. You're probably a good guy but if you're also a good observant then you see I've been made a feature request and a point of view about an always-current topic called the aspects of game length. Do you really think there's been no notion to game length anymore for 13 months?
Last edited by Categoricus on 19 Feb 2013, 15:38, edited 2 times in total.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 19 Feb 2013, 21:08

IMHO it's been dead for approx. 10 minutes, thanks to you. You're probably a good guy but if you're also a good observant then you see I've been made a feature request and a point of view about an always-current topic called the aspects of game length. Do you really think there's been no notion to game length anymore for 13 months?
Yes. Besides, it's really annoying to see all these dead topics bumped for no good reason other than your "point of view about an always-current topic".
<<

Categoricus

Warrior

Post 20 Feb 2013, 01:34

I'm afraid I can't be any help with your oversensitive nerves, consider seeing a doctor if such things bother you frequently.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 20 Feb 2013, 08:30

I'm afraid I can't be any help with your oversensitive nerves, consider seeing a doctor if such things bother you frequently.
Eh, buddy. You might want to consider lowering your attitude a little. You're acting like Queen Elizabeth.
<<

Categoricus

Warrior

Post 21 Feb 2013, 12:35

This significantly relies on which of the two Queen Elizabeths you are referring to. By the way, your metaphor is far from perfect: while in your homeland you may have a daily practice in mistaking genders for each other, note that my country still discerns male and female, and that I'm an instance of males, unlike most of queens.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 21 Feb 2013, 14:22

You know, you take a lot of words for a simple sentence: "I'm a dude".
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 21 Feb 2013, 23:46

Yeah, great. Show's over, both of you.
<<

no*rollingmethods

Post 22 Feb 2013, 18:01

!MODBREAK: Go away

Return to “General Chit Chat”