Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Your Distribution of Wares

<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 16 Jan 2012, 20:42

Your Distribution of Wares

As everyone knows, you can distribute the basic resources of certain houses, a way to regulate traffic and efficiency.

How do you set your "Distribution of Wares"? Do you have a Stable Distribution (a formula you never change)?

I have a personal Stable Distribution... what about you guys? :o
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 16 Jan 2012, 20:53

Re: Your Distribution of Wares

As everyone knows, you can distribute the basic resources of certain houses, a way to regulate traffic and efficiency.

How do you set your "Distribution of Wares"? Do you have a Stable Distribution (a formula you never change)?

I have a personal Stable Distribution... what about you guys? :o
It really depends on the game, if you see what i mean. If i have enough farms, i always prefer setting everything to 5 :D
Though the stables/swine farms i like setting to a high number (3~5) because they are important for my defense.
On coal, what i set to iron armour/weapon building depends which is closer and what i am producing (if i am making a lot of swordsmen, its good to leave the armour smithy in advantage over the weapon, unless i have a lot of coal). With gold, it depends if i have 1 or 2 gold smelters and a good stock of gold or not.
With wood... If i have enough I put everything to max.
So i don't really have "setting", though i never/hardly ever go below 3 on anything.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 18 Jan 2012, 20:08

Of course not! Every scenario will require a different strategy, depending on my opponent's strength and the power of my economy.
However, for the most part, it probably doesn't make a difference what you set the distribution to; at least I don't think so. Unless serfs have a priority to fill up buildings that have a lot of extra room, they will supply a mill (with mills set to 3 and swine farms set to 5) that has 2 corn just as much as a swine farm that 2 corn.
Does that make sense? Probably not :P
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 18 Jan 2012, 23:39

Hey Ben!! I saw you today in a Room... you played a match in the map "Mountain Region" (4 players)

How did you do there? Tell me before you forget the experience. :D
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 19 Jan 2012, 03:54

In short me and my ally won.
I made a mistake of strengthening my economy too much at the beginning of the game. In Mountainous region (which I never played before) you already start with a town and a ton of resources. Still, being used to my old strategies, I didn't think much of it. By the time the peacetime was over, I had a ton of economy buildings, tree trunks, corn, wine, etc, but only a few weapons; perhaps enough for five bowmen and ten militia. When I scouted the center of the map, I am horrified by the sight of my enemy, already towered up there. Had the peace time been just minutes longer, my ally would have been completely cut off from me, since we built no towers.
As for the other player's armies, by now I can tell that the teams ended up balancing. My economy was strong, while my ally's army was huge. The same goes for the opposing team. One player had a strong army and the other a strong economy.
My ally was the most aggressive player I've ever seen play KaM. By the time I have fielded a small army, my ally sends some scouts over to the towers of the opponent with the strong economy...and charges them! One of the towers was empty, the recruit had gone for food. This was do or die time. I wasn't going to sit back and have my ally's scouts die for naught. I took my army and attacked with him. My army was larger than my opponent's, but even then, I don't believe he thought I would attack, because he didn't send all his men to the fight until my army had passed his towers. I fear the other opponent. he could easily send his strong army town and squash me before his line of defense could be penetrated by my ally, but I press my attack, hoping that my past experience with KaM players supports my theory: the strong opponent will likely be too afraid to help his ally. he worries only for his own skin. Once my army is victorious, I march into the village. His economy is large, but not as large as mine. He hadn't;t trained a single soldier by the time I reached his barracks. He quit. He quit, knowing his ally was not coming. In a way, it saddened me. To think of being abandoned like that. But I press on. Knowing that in a 2 to 1 situation, all my ally and I needed to to was out-produce our opponent. But our enemy isn't going down easy. He has a few dozen crossbowmen, some archers, and some melee units. He quickly builds another layer of towers in the single chokepoint to his base, since the center of the map now belongs to my team. Just as I am asking my ally if he is ready to attack, he quits the game! The odds are now 1 to 1 again! A large portion of my opponent's army was killed soon before my ally ran off, but I still relied on my ally's huge army of crossbows to protection and for the final offensive. I still have a huge advantage though. My economy cannot be denied. I started the game more to the long-style of play, and it turned out to be the right choice. Before my opponent can recover, I assault him with a huge army of axe-fighters and militia. They charge the towers, killing indiscriminately at those who walk in their path. Many die, but there are too many of them. With crossbowmen and archers backing my men up, they soon slaughter their enemy's army. Victory. A victory that showed fear does not win games. A victory that shows that courage, and a bit a luck, offer opportunity. A victory that shows that towers can be helpful, but offer the worst thing a general can get. A false confidence. A barrier that cannot be relied on.

Whew I really got into that. Thanks for asking about it, I really appreciate it. I'm surprised you even noticed I was playing.
By the way, I switched from past tense to present tense somewhere in that story. It isn't something one should do, but I'm sure you guys had no trouble reading it. :)
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 19 Jan 2012, 11:20

Hehe, that was longer than I expected. But I read it all.
I dont get how people leaves a match so fast... when being under attack and still have allies on game.

Its funny the fact that everyone is always so eager to play "oh lets make 3v3 or 4v4, etc" and then quits when things become a bit complicated (oops 1 militia has reached your town center!). It saddens me too, and enrages GWB I guess. :)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 19 Jan 2012, 18:11

Lol, he get's mad easily it seems.
Oh, no offense; by the way, GreatWhiteBear. :D
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 20 Jan 2012, 13:58

*RAGE!!!* Yes, leavers enrage me. Also that impostor. *End of: RAGE!!!*
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Jan 2012, 20:57

Haha, it would anger anyone. Just don't rage too much or it will ruin the rest of your day. Trust me, I have temper problems and I know from many an experience.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 24 Jan 2012, 21:01

Really? You always seem very calm :)
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 24 Jan 2012, 21:03

Raaaaahhhh I have NO temper problems RAAAAHHH!!! :P
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 25 Jan 2012, 20:39

Me, or GreatWhiteBear?
because if you're talking about me, I do get mad, I just don't type it out. :)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 26 Jan 2012, 11:13

Me, or GreatWhiteBear?
because if you're talking about me, I do get mad, I just don't type it out. :)
Nice, someone who actually does have self control :P
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 26 Jan 2012, 15:04

Imagine, I only post the things that enrage that are related to KaM.
Now, who would like to hear all the other things that enrage me?
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 27 Jan 2012, 00:51

I wonder if Biuw is like you :)

Well in my case... my brother Itlerion is the one of us who enrages with bad moments... Im the quiet one.

But you know, I sometimes get angry too I just say bad words... mostly when im using troops during battle and Melee fighters die while trying to hit enemy Crossbowmen, or my Crossbows die due to trying to be in position to fire.

Return to “Strategy Central”