Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

New here

<<

Categoricus

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 19 Feb 2013, 02:38

Re: New here

You know, the type of people who remind the teacher that they forgot to assign homework, tell people not to do the wrong thing, etc. I actually have respect for these people.
There I see a slight difference between retaining and keeping certain disciplines. While I sometimes act like a Christian and most of times not, I remain to take it as an expression of conscience or, to say, a heart of looking for and then sticking to the truth or at least the known part of it, which varies among people, without defining the truth ourselves.
Primus Christianus Hungaricus Categoricus
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 19 Feb 2013, 09:06

(...)
There I see a slight difference between retaining and keeping certain disciplines. While I sometimes act like a Christian and most of times not, I remain to take it as an expression of conscience or, to say, a heart of looking for and then sticking to the truth or at least the known part of it, which varies among people, without defining the truth ourselves.
What do you mean with "sometimes I act like a Christian"? Are you implying that religious people act any different from atheists?
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

Categoricus

Warrior

Post 19 Feb 2013, 11:42

I was referring to the following:
In my school, everyone claims to be a Christian. Most appear to be "perfect" almost :P You know, the type of people who remind the teacher that they forgot to assign homework, tell people not to do the wrong thing, etc. I actually have respect for these people. I
I sometimes don't act like a Christian, which saddens me. I lose my temper and start yelling and swearing sometimes.
And yes, religious people often act different from others, not all of them out of the same intention, though. They often do favors in order to hide or blur preceding acts. It can also appear as an ingenuous misunderstanding of how to pass the upcoming judgment of truth. Finally don't forget that practice is the only way for giving atheists the reason to pay attention to your point of view, the best proof for the nature of God the Christ reveals itself through your raw life instead of well-formed manners.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 19 Feb 2013, 12:26

I don't think religious people act any different from atheists. Not in practice, that is. They might have different beliefs, but that barely influences their behavior, as people all do what they feel is right.
<<

Categoricus

Warrior

Post 19 Feb 2013, 12:36

What you feel right depends on your experience and self-preparation. In a strait of being offended in any manners, you usually can't directly choose your reaction: you will end up doing what your preceding conscious innervation tells you. In most cases we can only decide to allow or deny things to start working in our mind, further effects are mainly essential consequences.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 19 Feb 2013, 13:23

I don't think religious people act any different from atheists. Not in practice, that is. They might have different beliefs, but that barely influences their behavior, as people all do what they feel is right.
Come one! You know that's not true! Think of Hinduism, for example. The belief of Karma would greatly influence your actions. Additionally, many religions associate with different clothing, too (though that is just an appearance).
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 19 Feb 2013, 13:31

What you feel right depends on your experience and self-preparation. In a strait of being offended in any manners, you usually can't directly choose your reaction: you will end up doing what your preceding conscious innervation tells you. In most cases we can only decide to allow or deny things to start working in our mind, further effects are mainly essential consequences.
(...)
Come one! You know that's not true! Think of Hinduism, for example. The belief of Karma would greatly influence your actions. Additionally, many religions associate with different clothing, too (though that is just an appearance).
I guess both you are right. I didn't think that way.

Return to “General Chit Chat”