Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Ideas - New Units and Buildings (Brainstorming)

<<

Kridge

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 21 Sep 2012, 12:44

Re: Ideas - New Units and Buildings (Brainstorming)

So no one has an opinion? Ok... :'(
No I am kidding, but I did not get any feedback. At least tell me why you wont comment. If I missed something, sorry.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 21 Sep 2012, 13:08

I have already shared my opinion about most of those things, I just don't want to write it all again. ;)
<<

Kridge

Crossbowman

Post 21 Sep 2012, 13:12

I have already shared my opinion about most of those things, I just don't want to write it all again. ;)
I see and I understand.
<<

Vladimir

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 24 Nov 2012, 02:13

I have an idea for the Town Hall, which will become Tavern. To become useful I suggest that units be trained in groups and every 2/3 mins a new randomly selected group of units (from the old town hall) is offered. To make it more clear I will give you an example. So you build a tavern and it offers you to train 4 rebels for a certain amount of resources (or only gold, this should be discussed further).If you don't like the offer you just leave it and after 2/3 mins the offer changes,so now you could train 6 warriors. When you choose to train them the serfs start carrying the needed resources. The number of units in a certain group could vary from lets say min 2 to max 6. The price could also vary, making some offers tempting and others unfavourable. The whole idea is that in the tavern are staying different strangers who you could hire/bribe to fight for you. In the tavern you could also hear the rumours ( as some of you have already suggested) ... so basicly that's my idea to make the town hall more useful ;)
Last edited by Vladimir on 24 Nov 2012, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Unknown4u

Peasant

Post 24 Nov 2012, 23:04

Vladimir, that sounds reasonable. This way it would be less attractive (if not next to impossible) to use the Town Hall units for spamming enemies with gold only troops. But on the other hand, it would also make those troops useless in the event of an enemy attack on your town that you want to avert (which is the only argument with some substance speaking for the Town Hall), because two to six units would hardly pose a threat to an attacking force of someone who reckons with even the smallest resistance (like for example one or two towers). So we would again have a situation in which they don't add anything to the game.
<<

Vladimir

Woodcutter

Post 24 Nov 2012, 23:41

yeah you are right but I have just suggested this number ;) the price of the units (whether they will require only gold or a combination of different resources), min and max number of units per group and the time between a new offer appears should be further discussed :)
<<

SirCabbage

Recruit

Post 06 Mar 2013, 12:45

i'm still about. still keeping an eye on this project.. I do love some Knights and Merchants.
<<

Islar

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 29 Apr 2013, 21:25

hi,

i want to talk about the animals in the game

do you think its strange that when the breeder gets corn for the first time in his house that when he used it a swine appear. just like in the stables. just a horse appear. :O
i think you must first catch two in wild and then the breeder can multiple them. Added the two animals to the buildingplace like the wood and stone.
So i think there must be a hunter that catch animals.
also i would like if the wolf also can be catch an trained to be an unit. the wolf can not be controlled but you can use it to scout.

this are just ideas and i dont no if someone told already.
what do you think?
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 30 Apr 2013, 05:11

I think that KaM is an RTS game, not a biological breeding simulator ;) That would just add unnecessary complexity to the game.

About wolfs - well, we are in the European medievality, soldiers fought against each other in close combat. There are no stormtroopers on bears like in Red Alert.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 30 Apr 2013, 05:44

Well Galactic Battlegrounds (Aside from being a terribly unbalanced and ridiculous game) had a neat system where you captured animals and kept them penned up. They'd breed to produce more food, or you could kill them stright-way to get the food faster (but this takes food away for lategame). However, I still agree with Krom in that this isn't suiting for KaM. Try to think of ideas that are closer to the feel of KaM, and not ones that just make it seem "realistic" ;)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Islar

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 30 Apr 2013, 09:17

hi

I have a idea.
A unit that can build traps out of wood and place them. You and your allies can see your trap but the enemy not.
When the trap is triggered by the enemy he dies. just like when the tower throws a stone. :D

What do you think?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 30 Apr 2013, 09:39

That is an interesting idea. No doubt you have played Stronghold, yes? Traps of that kind were all over that game. Stronghold was very suited for that kind of gameplay, unfortunately, KaM is not. The game is already pretty defensive, and adding traps or walls would only make it worse.

Lewin and I spent some time talking about things like this; though. See, in the beginning of the game, you are too vulnerable (1 militia can cause havoc to your base, block your barrack, and make you lose). Traps like this might help enable players to play without peacetime; which would be very interesting and fun in my opinion.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

D3VILSBALLZ

Laborer

Post 13 May 2013, 14:13

The monastry/church seems to be a great idea since religion was a very important thing in that time.. would like to see some new troops and buildings in the game :)

Just posted my own topic about cow farms... Would love to see some new idea's of making food.

Edit: please update your previous post next time instead of making a new one. Thanks in advance. ~TDL

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”