Official KaM Remake Bugs topic

<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 12 Dec 2011, 07:57

Official KaM Remake Bugs topic

Hi all,

Since there's a new release of KaM Remake and there's no topic to post your bugs yet, I made an official topic.

Please post the bugs you find in the new Remake version here, and I will add them to the start post.

Thanks,

Tom

Bugs

- Army unit icons in the Map Editor don't have team colors.
REPORTED BY: Krom(?)

- "Stonemason has no action" crashes game.
REPORTED BY: ?

- Multiplayer game list shows >8 players in a server (while max. is 8)
REPORTED BY: The Dark Lord
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 12 Dec 2011, 11:21

- Loading screen keeps stuck at 'reading fonts' and doesn't disappear (while KaM Remake has already started).

I've only had this once so far.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 12 Dec 2011, 12:10

- Loading screen keeps stuck at 'reading fonts' and doesn't disappear (while KaM Remake has already started).
Yeah that happens very rarely, not sure why. (I think it's Delphi's fault not ours) We plan to remove that loading screen anyway, it's kind of outdated. (we'll hopefully have one in the main window) Just close the game and open it again and it hopefully won't happen the next time.
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 12 Dec 2011, 13:33

The lobby showed me with a British flag instead of a Belgian flag. Don't know if this is a bug or not though.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 12 Dec 2011, 13:37

Two bugs:

1.) Is it normal, that the TPR troops has not own speech?
2.) I said it already, but maybe lewin have forgot it: If you press Alt+F4 to close the Remake, the Warning box is under the game and not on the foreground. So you must shift between the tabs and click than O.K!
You aren´t a good player if you have a good PT-Army. You should be able to use it correctly!

You want cheap new Computergames? No problem, you will get them here: https://www.g2a.com/r/pawel95
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 12 Dec 2011, 13:47

The lobby showed me with a British flag instead of a Belgian flag. Don't know if this is a bug or not though.
The lobby shows the flag of the language you have set KaM Remake to use.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 12 Dec 2011, 13:57

1.) Is it normal, that the TPR troops has not own speech?
2.) I said it already, but maybe lewin have forgot it: If you press Alt+F4 to close the Remake, the Warning box is under the game and not on the foreground. So you must shift between the tabs and click than O.K!
1. As far as I know yes. Certainly in English there are no unique voices for TPR troops. Is it different in other langugaes? Does the German KaM TPR release have different voices for the new soldiers?
2. Yes we'll look into it.
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 13 Dec 2011, 09:50

Serfs seem to only deliver 4 chests of gold to the school at first, then after a while they finally start delivering 5 chests. Only played 2 games so far but had it happen in both games.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 13 Dec 2011, 12:31

Serfs seem to only deliver 4 chests of gold to the school at first, then after a while they finally start delivering 5 chests. Only played 2 games so far but had it happen in both games.
If you train a unit, it hides one chest while the unit is being trained. If the training is cancelled, nothing happens. If the training is completed, a new chest is requested. In KaM it requests the new chest immediately, but this means you can end up with 6 gold at the school if you cancelled and we wanted to avoid ever having >5 as that implies there is a bug in our delivery logic somewhere. I don't think it really makes much difference in terms of efficiency, I just hope it doesn't confuse or concern people :P
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 13 Dec 2011, 13:50

ah... but i prefered the old way :(
sometimes i even started to train a serf then canceled just to have an extra gold at the schoolhouse :lol:
<<

Encaitar

Lance Carrier

Post 13 Dec 2011, 16:16

sometimes i even started to train a serf then canceled just to have an extra gold at the schoolhouse :lol:
I used this bug in original KaM too. It gave me a good feeling to know I had more gold in the school than the creators supposed to (well for as long as creating one unit of course). In tribute to Joymania and the original KaM I would request to change it back :wink:!
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 13 Dec 2011, 19:21

I used this bug in original KaM too. It gave me a good feeling to know I had more gold in the school than the creators supposed to (well for as long as creating one unit of course). In tribute to Joymania and the original KaM I would request to change it back :wink:!
YES!
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 15 Dec 2011, 20:12

lancemen/pikemen Can?t attack a house diagonaly( I see it on the example of the gold mine)
You aren´t a good player if you have a good PT-Army. You should be able to use it correctly!

You want cheap new Computergames? No problem, you will get them here: https://www.g2a.com/r/pawel95
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 15 Dec 2011, 23:28

They can't do that in original KaM either.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 16 Dec 2011, 00:49

lancemen/pikemen Can?t attack a house diagonaly( I see it on the example of the gold mine)
only lance/pike??? why???

Return to “Bugs”