Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Official KaM Remake Ideas topic

<<

krisdw

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 27 Oct 2014, 12:03

Re: Official KaM Remake Ideas topic

Yeah, I thought it would be difficult :) no worries!
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 27 Oct 2014, 14:43

@Krisdw: This is controlled by overall pathfinding mechanics. When unit walks out he builds his path in advance, even to the farthest place on the map. If unit encounters an obstacle, he tries to build a path around it. But how do we let unit to look for better paths? Straightforward approach would be too wasteful (trying to re-build a new path every N tiles).
Wait so if a serf takes a path and after that you finish a shortcut it will take the new path whenhe is blocked by a builder/serf?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 27 Oct 2014, 15:40

@Dicsoupcan: Kind of, if a Serf gets stuck for several seconds, after trying to walk around and swap places, he will rebuild a route.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 10 Nov 2014, 11:21

A little request: could we please be able to set Storehouse's delivery settings before it is completed?
Or could it at least start by default with delivery disabled?

I don't think that giving it the settings of another Storehouse solves the problem: if I'm building a new Storehouse, it isn't because the other ones are full: it is because I want it to do something different.

Also, could we please get that when we right click a ware in the Storehouse or in the Barracks it flags it as "to be removed from the store", and then it behaves like the Market?
(That is, wares flagged this way are brought to any other building, for example another Storehouse, that will accept them, and the flag is ignored instead if no other building would accept them?)
This would make it possible to move an already existing Storehouse without having to either lose or use its contents...
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 10 Nov 2014, 14:31

I like Esthlos' idea about making another Storehouse delivery set to default, that would be cool :).

Also, I've got an idea: a message for Farmer, something like "Your Farmer can't find/reach any fields, that he can work on". Sometimes in a hurry, a player can forget about making fields for Farm and then Farmer just looks around and does nothing, which is a waste of time. Having a message like that would be really useful. It can be added for Vine Farms as well.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Nov 2014, 16:34

A little request: could we please be able to set Storehouse's delivery settings before it is completed?
Or could it at least start by default with delivery disabled?

I don't think that giving it the settings of another Storehouse solves the problem: if I'm building a new Storehouse, it isn't because the other ones are full: it is because I want it to do something different.
Ah! I remember wanting the same thing in times past. I totally forgot to ask since storing wares in storehouses is pretty much useless in multiplayer (to an extent anyway).
Also, could we please get that when we right click a ware in the Storehouse or in the Barracks it flags it as "to be removed from the store", and then it behaves like the Market?
(That is, wares flagged this way are brought to any other building, for example another Storehouse, that will accept them, and the flag is ignored instead if no other building would accept them?)
This would make it possible to move an already existing Storehouse without having to either lose or use its contents...
This has been suggested many times. Lewin informed me that it would take a large rework of code. It hasn't been implemented yet and I've a hunch it never will be :(
Also, I've got an idea: a message for Farmer, something like "Your Farmer can't find/reach any fields, that he can work on". Sometimes in a hurry, a player can forget about making fields for Farm and then Farmer just looks around and does nothing, which is a waste of time. Having a message like that would be really useful. It can be added for Vine Farms as well.
I like this:) Can it be expanded to my older idea of having warning messages pop up when a weapon maker has no weapon orders? The later shouldn't repeat; though, because maybe a player is deliberately not making any weapons.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

šmoula

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 17 Nov 2014, 15:20

Some ideas
1. button to disable "mining" for stonemasion, woodcutter, all mines etc. , because I sometimes need to replace some of them and there (inside of house) are a lot of ressources...So I dont want to lose it.
2. In game settings menu checkboxes - show storehouses , castle (maybe more) for ally player - so ally can view how many ressources teammate has, when click on storehouse/castle.
3. In statistics graph in the legend can be show how many ressources you produced (fe stone graph ends a little upper than 500 horizontal line - in legend can be - stone (511) for every players ... same can be in other graphs...also in SP

Thanks for opinion,
šmoula (H)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 25 Nov 2014, 22:37

Could we have Readme PDF for campaigns just like we do for some complicated script missions? I think this would be very nice for adding back story and cast of characters for campaigns. I see campaign makers are trying to do this in the first mission of their campaign, but there isn't much room to do it and that's not the appropriate place to do it either.

Also, did we ever get a possibility to play video clips before missions? It was suggested before but I don't know of its status.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 26 Nov 2014, 05:26

@Smoula:
1. We have plans for "evacuate wares" button, that should cover that I guess.
2. Perhaps direct peeking into other ally players store/castle is simpler?
3. It's hard to fit more info into the same limited space.

@Ben: We have tackled video playback just a bit. It's a whole new area with a lot of work to do, which seemed to add little in older days, when there were important tasks.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 11 Dec 2014, 16:45

How about blocking zoom out on mp with open gl lower than 3
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Dec 2014, 19:14

No, because if a lagging player wants to make a snapshot after the game is over, how will he be able to do so? Maybe he is playing on a LAN or with friends who don't mind his periodic zooming out? Blocking the trolls' zooming will just take away zooming for all, and trolls will resort to other nasty tricks to ruin your day. With the return to lobby feature, laggy zoomers can be quickly booted from the game.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 11 Dec 2014, 21:23

How about blocking zoom out on mp with open gl lower than 3
That's a stupid idea, OpenGL version isn't related to the card's performance/speed. Even if I assume you actually meant "opengl 3 level card capabilities" then it's still wrong, try to compare Intel cards that support OGL3 with anything from ATI/NVIDIA for example.
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 16 Dec 2014, 10:21

How about auto decorate tiles with objects and options for it Trees stone flowers stone etc with a draw tool
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 16 Dec 2014, 12:14

i do not think that is a good idea. it ruins a part of what mapmaking is: making your own maps. such draw tools will not produce in a long shot the quality of object placement over placing it yourself. these tools will often be use dby lazy mapmakers who want to mass produce maps which then will have low quality.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 16 Dec 2014, 20:31

I just put my idea here one more time, because it looks like noone noticed it, or maybe I just didn´t read what the develeopers think about it.

In Multiplayer it should be: Check if there is enough space in room X =then=> Enter Password. (Password right,enter / Password wrong,ask again for password).

Right now it´s pretty enoying, if you just wanna join a popular room and put the 10 letters long Password in, just to get the message, that the room is already full :P

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”