Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Official KaM Remake Ideas topic

<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 20 Nov 2011, 13:18

Ehm... I think it does harm gameplay significantly. But you can make a map with all buildings unlocked from the start. :)
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 20 Nov 2011, 15:46

No building tree= not KaM
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 20 Nov 2011, 21:27

Greatwhitebear, yes but i think no townhall=no kam but they don't interest sb,too!
You aren´t a good player if you have a good PT-Army. You should be able to use it correctly!

You want cheap new Computergames? No problem, you will get them here: https://www.g2a.com/r/pawel95
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 20 Nov 2011, 23:05

Greatwhitebear, yes but i think no townhall=no kam but they don't interest sb,too!
No Town Hall = TSK :wink:
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 21 Nov 2011, 13:17

Yeah and TSK= No TPR :D :D
No TPR = No real KaM for me :wink: :wink:
You aren´t a good player if you have a good PT-Army. You should be able to use it correctly!

You want cheap new Computergames? No problem, you will get them here: https://www.g2a.com/r/pawel95
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 21 Nov 2011, 14:40

Just shut up, Townhall isn't going to be implemented soon so deal with it.
Agree with you, but shut up.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 21 Nov 2011, 18:46

Haha you are not my mum, shut the hell up and do not say this one to other people :D

<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 21 Nov 2011, 18:49

Sorry, I am just tired of people discussing about if the townhall is like how we want KaM of like how we NOT want KaM.

I think they made it very clear that it will not be implemented (soon).
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 21 Nov 2011, 20:30

Yeah and TSK= No TPR :D :D
No TPR = No real KaM for me :wink: :wink:
A lot of people (including myself) feel that TPR = no real KaM. And that opinion is just as valid as yours. Just because TPR is newer doesn't mean all of the changes are good. In 1998 did anyone complain "this game needs a town hall"? No they didn't. TSK was what we originally came to love and so why do we need to change that? This is a TSK remake with some features from TPR which do not subtract from the style.
I mean, should we throw away the whole design and recreate the game based on the KaM2 Princedom alpha, just because that's newer than TSK and TPR? It's the most recent release of KaM, so does that make it the best KaM out there?
If you want to play a game that is like TPR, then go play TPR!

And we haven't ruled out implementing the town hall in some form, but we certainly do not feel in any hurry to start thinking about it when there are so many other things to work on.

@pawel: I'm sorry if I (or the others) seem rude, but I have very little respect left for you after you created your SR3 hoax all those years ago. (not to be confused with Litude's amazing work on the REAL SR3) People do not forget things easily when you deceive an entire community like that for your own entertainment, claiming to be editing the game when are just creating mock ups in Photoshop. This might explain to you why a lot of us have very little time for you. Those who don't remember can read all about it here (German) or here (English Google Translated version) He claimed to have disassembled the KaM TPR EXE and fixed the multiplayer sync issues, enabled multiplayer against AI, fixed multiplayer saves and many other things. He referred to "his team" of people working on the patch. And he kept it up for months, then simply stopped posting until eventually everyone figured it out. I guess he just wanted attention, which he certainly got at the time because everyone was very excited about his promised changes.
I just thought you might like to know some of the reason why people have little respect for you or your opinions.
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 22 Nov 2011, 08:20

Didn't know that. Interesting.

How long have you been following the german fan site?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 22 Nov 2011, 10:36

Didn't know that. Interesting.

How long have you been following the german fan site?
Since I found and joined the KaM community in 2007, about the time that this happened.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 23 Nov 2011, 12:50

I three things to say:

W-O-W!
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 24 Nov 2011, 09:37

At first I was frowning a bit at the harsh reactions towards pawel.

Now I understand :) although props to him for sticking around to the community for all this time!

About the Town Hall, I personally never found it a good feature. It felt "cheap" to recruit powerful units with no more than a few chests of gold. I liked the units, but not the way they were recruited. I would much prefer them to be added in the barracks as normal soldiers, requiring the correct weapons and armor, than being able to simply hire them for gold.

I do understand that would take a load of work and I have no problem if this doesn't see itself added to the game. It would be nice, but not a dealbreaker.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 24 Nov 2011, 14:52

I think townhall shouldn't be implemented soon but still, the vagabond should be trainable in the barracks.
I mean come on, an axe, a horse and a recruit=>should be barracks trainable.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 24 Nov 2011, 22:38

Yes I think it would be cool if you could equip vagabonds at the barracks. It would probably mean we see more cavalry in online games which would be great. (currently they're rarely used)
There are only a few problems:
- The title Vagabond doesn't sound like a soldier of the king's army at all so it might need to be changed.
- The vagabond's clothes and attire make him look like a thief or raider.

Anyone have objections or comments on these?

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”