Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Market

<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 13 Nov 2011, 18:12

As long as you have a barracks you can't trade war equipment.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 13 Nov 2011, 20:11

One huge problem with not being able to block weapons to the barracks is trade those weapon instead of putting them in the barracks.
Or do serfs just take them out of the barracks if you are trying to trade them?
Good point! However maybe it would be better if weapons would be taken out of the barracks and to the market, because often I have a lot of leather armour in the barracks that I could trade, I do not only want to trade newly produced leather armour by blocking it in the barracks.
Do you agree? If so that still doesn't require blocking in the barracks, but I'm interested if someone can find a reason why you'd want to do this.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 13 Nov 2011, 20:38

Good point! However maybe it would be better if weapons would be taken out of the barracks and to the market, because often I have a lot of leather armour in the barracks that I could trade, I do not only want to trade newly produced leather armour by blocking it in the barracks.
Do you agree? If so that still doesn't require blocking in the barracks, but I'm interested if someone can find a reason why you'd want to do this.
I think it would be nice for this reason to at least have the option of blocking the delivery of particular goods to the barracks.

And if you're trying to trade a resource that's in the barracks, perhaps the serfs could also move them, or prioritise delivery to the market.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Nov 2011, 22:16

I agree with Lewin's proposal of taking them out of the barracks. Blocking wears from the barracks wouldn't be a big deal if serfs would just deliver wears to the nearest barracks. Still, it wouldn't hurt just in case a little miscalculation was made by the players part when deciding where to construct his buildings.
[quote+Danjb"]And if you're trying to trade a resource that's in the barracks, perhaps the serfs could also move them, or prioritise delivery to the market.[/quote]
Do you mean that you think the serfs should move the weapons out of the barracks, to the storehouse, and then to the market? I personally thin this would be a horrible idea. It just means that the weapons need to be handled one more time than needed.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 13 Nov 2011, 22:41

Do you mean that you think the serfs should move the weapons out of the barracks, to the storehouse, and then to the market? I personally thin this would be a horrible idea. It just means that the weapons need to be handled one more time than needed.
I just meant what had already been suggested; the serfs take wares from the barracks to the market.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 14 Nov 2011, 08:25

I've discussed it with Krom and as a result of the discussion added two new items to our features list:
- Wares need to be taken out of the barracks for trading at the market
- Block delivery flags for specific wares in the barracks

We decided both are worth implementing :)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 14 Nov 2011, 09:19

That sounds good. Maybe it's also an idea that serfs will only take weapons out of the barracks if you blocked the delivery of that specific weapon?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 14 Nov 2011, 10:17

That sounds good. Maybe it's also an idea that serfs will only take weapons out of the barracks if you blocked the delivery of that specific weapon?
I'm not quite sure what you mean. The whole idea of "blocking" a ware is to make it only be taken out. (thus blocking the ware being delivered TO the building)
But I think you must have meant that all of the wares should be removed from the barracks and taken to another barracks. (I think it would be silly to take them back to the storehouse)
We are already planning an "evacuate" button that gets serfs to remove all wares from a house ASAP which will be useful if you want to get say, the wood out of a weapons workshop you want to demolish before you move it.
But I think you're idea is a good one, because if you did have multiple barracks' then I imagine you'd want the wares sorted between them. I've added a note to the item on the features list saying that when blocked it should evacuate all of that ware to another barracks if the player has one.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 14 Nov 2011, 11:45

I'll give you an example:
I have 12 pikes and 10 iron armour in my barracks and I'm making 20 more pikes. I want to recruit 12 pikemen and want to trade all other pikes for something else. I'll have to wait untill 2 iron armour are finished to train them. So if I use my market already to trade my pikes, they'll take them from my barracks while I still need them there.
If serfs only take goods from the barracks if you block the delivery of pikes to the barracks, they won't take the pikes from the barracks if you haven't blocked the delivery. So if you don't block it, the serfs will only bring newly made pikes to the market and you don't have to worry about your 12 pikemen. This requires the market to have a higher priority than the barracks though.

I hope you understand it, I don't think I wrote it down very clearly. :P
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 14 Nov 2011, 13:01

I've discussed it with Krom and as a result of the discussion added two new items to our features list:
- Wares need to be taken out of the barracks for trading at the market
- Block delivery flags for specific wares in the barracks

We decided both are worth implementing :)
I think, that could be very cool :P 8)
You aren´t a good player if you have a good PT-Army. You should be able to use it correctly!

You want cheap new Computergames? No problem, you will get them here: https://www.g2a.com/r/pawel95
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 14 Nov 2011, 17:40

The Dark Lord, thats sounds like a big over-complication. Make the armor, make the pikes, hire pikemen and schedule a trade. Thats it :wink:
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 15 Nov 2011, 01:46

We are already planning an "evacuate" button that gets serfs to remove all wares from a house ASAP which will be useful if you want to get say, the wood out of a weapons workshop you want to demolish before you move it.
Slightly off topic, but still opportune at this time: Will we be able to assign serfs to "evacuate" a storehouse? This would be far more useful in my opinion.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 15 Nov 2011, 03:53

The Dark Lord, thats sounds like a big over-complication. Make the armor, make the pikes, hire pikemen and schedule a trade. Thats it :wink:
I agree. It would not be obvious to new players that they had to set the "block" flag just to trade weapons. They would expect them to be taken from the barracks. It's also inconsistent with the role of the block flag in the storehouse.
Slightly off topic, but still opportune at this time: Will we be able to assign serfs to "evacuate" a storehouse? This would be far more useful in my opinion.
I believe we could arrange that easily :) This would be useful in missions like TSK 7 if you wanted to move all of those resources to a safer location. I'm not sure whether you'll be able to choose specific resources, I think the plan was just to evacuate all of them. But it's Krom's idea so talk to him :)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 15 Nov 2011, 11:53

Yes you're right, that would indeed complicate things too much.
<<

batoonike

Warrior

Post 26 Dec 2011, 13:43

Re: Market

One can make 12 archers before 22 minute mark with standard starting resources and only storehouse to begin with. Sounds reasonable compared to producing these units manually?

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”