Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Kam On iphone?

<<

artanis

Laborer

Post 14 Jan 2011, 15:37

Kam On iphone?

iphone 4 have great hardware technology it have 850mhz a4 cpu
512mb ram and powervr sgx535 graphic. i think this is enough for play kam.
gameloft is release settlers 3 for iphone maybe someone can make kam for iphone 4? i think this is good idea
you can watch settlers on iphone in here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-gQ7WfgOPY&feature=related
sorry my english
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 15 Jan 2011, 10:14

It would be possible to port the Remakes to mobile operating systems, but it would still be a lot of work. TKE would probably be easiest as it's in C# which would be a lot similar to compile for the iPhone than the KaM Remake which is in Delphi. (Pascal)

There's also the question of whether the game would play well on a touch interface, but I think with some clever thinking (and dynamic pinch zooming similar to the scroll wheel zooming in the Remake) it would be possible to make it very enjoyable.

It would be a big task to take on, but I agree with you that the CPU/GPU are more than powerful enough to support a game like KaM.

It's something to consider for the future, right now the Remakes aren't advanced enough to run on PCs so porting them to mobiles is out of the question.
Lewin.
P.S. Apple developer licences cost a lot, I'd kind of be more inclined to go with something like Android or Symbian, even though the handsets probably aren't as powerful. (also porting the code might be easier)
<<

Xmasjos

Farmer

Post 23 Jan 2011, 13:30

It would be possible to port the Remakes to mobile operating systems, but it would still be a lot of work. TKE would probably be easiest as it's in C# which would be a lot similar to compile for the iPhone than the KaM Remake which is in Delphi. (Pascal)

There's also the question of whether the game would play well on a touch interface, but I think with some clever thinking (and dynamic pinch zooming similar to the scroll wheel zooming in the Remake) it would be possible to make it very enjoyable.

It would be a big task to take on, but I agree with you that the CPU/GPU are more than powerful enough to support a game like KaM.

It's something to consider for the future, right now the Remakes aren't advanced enough to run on PCs so porting them to mobiles is out of the question.
Lewin.
P.S. Apple developer licences cost a lot, I'd kind of be more inclined to go with something like Android or Symbian, even though the handsets probably aren't as powerful. (also porting the code might be easier)
Symbian would be very easy, and fully free ATM... Android looks more like java, so that would be a bit more difficult.
<<

Gradius

Post 25 Nov 2012, 11:23

Re: Kam On iphone?

There are no news regarding a remake version Kam for iphone?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 02 Dec 2012, 04:33

Re: Kam On iphone?

There are no news regarding a remake version Kam for iphone?
Yeah, no news. There are a lot of problems:
- How would the interface work on such a small screen? Selecting individual units and moving them? It will require some drastic changes.
- Getting the code to compile for iPhone/Android will be a lot of work, although it's not impossible.
- We have no rights to release the Remake on mobile platforms, we'd probably need permission from the owners of KaM
- We'd have to pay apple's developer fee
- Who actually sits down and plays a game on their iPhone/Android for 2 hours? KaM is a slow paced game, mobile games tend to be fast paced so you can play for 5 minutes while waiting in a queue. If you plan to sit down and play for 2 hours you might as well use a computer.

Return to “General Talk”