Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

GameFAQ KnM Guide

<<

Yeti

Militia

Post 28 Jun 2010, 18:22

GameFAQ KnM Guide

I wrote this a while back, having been shocked by the lack of resources for Knights and Merchants (TSK) on GameFAQs and similar sites. I'm not going to lay claim to be an expert at the game, far from it I realise this guide needs some work. By 'advanced' in the title I mean simply on from beginner.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/138947-knights-and-merchants/faqs/57673

Any feedback is appreciated. If you suggest new content, and I take it on board, then you will of course receive credit for it. I remember when browsing this forum reading a tip about placing troops near the storehouse with the wine inside, that way serfs will feed them wine. Which seemed like a fabulous tip. I'm hesitant to add that one without the author's direct concent though, and before I've tested it myself.

Thank you for any time you donate to this. :)

[Note - I concluded the other day that woodcutter : sawmill ratio should be more similar to 3 : 2 to account for the time spent waiting for trees to grow.]
<<

TheRedArmy

Post 22 Dec 2010, 01:32

I very much enjoyed your guide. Are you sure that one farm can support 3 pigfarms and a mill though?
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 22 Dec 2010, 14:29

It's a very nice start as similar guides don't really quite exists (excluding some of the stuff available in the strategy section of the website). I couldn't find the place where you would've mentioned that one farm would be sufficient for a swine farm and a mill and your ratios page correctly mentioned that it's about 1 farm for one building in need of corn.

I'm not sure I agree with having just one quarry though. Couldn't find a mention of how many laborers you produce, but with 12 laborers and having them tasked to build stuff, you generally tend to run out of stone with just a single quarry.

Also for the mill and bakery ratio, I usually build 2 mills and 3 bakeries which seems to be a quite nice balance since the bakery produces 2 loaves of bread per bag of flour.

But the rest of the stuff looks very good. About time we had a guide covering most aspects of the game.

Return to “Strategy Central”