Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Knights And Merchants MultiPlayer

<<

Snaiperisz

Peasant

Post 23 Jun 2010, 10:24

Knights And Merchants MultiPlayer

Hello everyone i having great news for you.I just found a program witch you can play Knights And Merchants Online (MultiPlayer).My am i saying to you because i cant play there isnt players who play KaM online.So lets get started.First of all you need to download GameRanger From : and you need to install it when you login to program you will see many servers off each games.You can create your own server and wait for people or join to server.There is a Games Groups.You need to select Strategy and search for game but i think there is no knights and merchants server cuz there isnt many players who plays KaM,But dont worry you will find one server i created it witch you can play it or you can Host your server Good Luck Everyone.

Sorry for mistakes i am not from england and i dont know verry much. you can download game ranger from google type : Game Ranger and press the first Link
<<

itlerion

Post 26 Jun 2010, 19:22

hey, i see this forum and i dont understand how you waste this fabulous game.. playing it only in SG , why dont you make an hamachi network or join gameranger and make this game re-live, i see no point in making mods and maps only for single player.. a waste of precious time.. join my channel in hamachi ID: itlerion Pass: 123 i have TPR
<<

Juba

Barbarian

Post 27 Jun 2010, 20:05

IMO playing TPR multiplayer is a waste of time because of the desynchronisation bug: If you play against your friend (1vs1), you can both win, you'll see different things on your screen than your friend.

So I recommend playing TSK if possible.
<<

Yeti

Militia

Post 28 Jun 2010, 18:05

I mentioned it in another thread, but I'll reliterate. Gameranger is fabulous for KnM multiplayer. So simple, so brilliant.
<<

itlerion

Post 07 Jul 2010, 04:28

ahh well.. maybe we should connect to gameranger an play TSK , thething is that without town hall , how can you stop a rush or whatever , unless you play with a rule to prevent rush, in my case, i play with 2 rules

1: dont attack until you have 1 knight cavalery made

2: only explore near base to find resources

so in that way when a player gets a knight he can attack and the other player have had enought time to get some soldiers or towers .
<<

H.A.H.

Post 01 Aug 2010, 00:15

hi there i have a version of knm that i bought an Ecopy of online that lets me play both single player versions of this game, however i get the synchronization bug mentioned in the above post (cant remember which 1) when playing over my lan, just wondered if any1 could help resolve this issue?Also it is a bitch to run on anything other than xp any pointers? cheers!!

:)

AGG
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 01 Aug 2010, 23:11

Hi!
The synchronization bug is unavoidable in multiplayer in The Peasents Rebellion. (TPR) I recomend you use The Shattered Kingdom (TSK) for multiplayer even though it doesn't have some of the nice features of TPR. This bug cannot be fixed or avoided.

As for running it on other opperating systems, I asume you mean Windows Vista and Windows 7? If so then yes you can run it on them! You need to install the "Vista/7" fix that provides a new DLL file which makes TPR and TSK work on Vista/7. Download it from here:
http://www.knightsandmerchants.net/file ... 6x_fix.zip

Install the DLL file in your KaM folder. (e.g. C:\Program Files\KaM - TPR)

Let me know if you want more help.
Lewin.
<<

Juba

Barbarian

Post 02 Aug 2010, 15:35

Vista/W7 fix apparently doesn't work TSK, but you can give it a try. No problem with TPR, just follow Lewin's instructions.
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 03 Aug 2010, 14:47

@Juba: It does, but multiplayer won't work anyway due to this.

Return to “General Talk”