Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

KaM TSK Mission 8 walkthrough..

<<

Tom

Post 03 Nov 2006, 13:45

KaM TSK Mission 8 walkthrough..

Can somebody plz post a complete walkthrough for Mission 8 of Kam TSK..?

I've read the incomplete one, and it was very useful.. But i need a complete one please...

Thnx, Tom..
<<

Knightoftruth

Warrior

Post 24 Dec 2006, 19:21

Skip the level? And what is a walk-through?
<<

olegasole

Knight

Post 25 Dec 2006, 00:44

a walk thru is what the slang word for "explanation on how ot beat the level, game etc"
<<

Knightoftruth

Warrior

Post 25 Dec 2006, 00:56

Thank-you
<<

olegasole

Knight

Post 25 Dec 2006, 01:22

it is how TO sorry fo rmy spelling!
<<

mmpomn

Woodcutter

Post 18 Feb 2007, 05:31

Is mission 8 the one where you have a big battle, no village, just a huge battle with yellow army helping you against the purple army?
If so, all you have to do is get a couple of your guys (I used cavalry) to a safe place and wait it out. All the enemy will starve to death and you will be left victorious!
Now, tell me how to win Mission 11, please! The cheat codes don't work for me. I don't know why. I've been working on Mission 11 for over a year and I'm ready to give up on it!
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 18 Feb 2007, 10:50

No, you're talking about mission 6. Mission 8 is the one where you start with a quite good sized army, which is soon to be crushed by the barbarian raid.
<<

mmpomn

Woodcutter

Post 19 Feb 2007, 08:40

Oh yes, I remember that one. You have to build the schoolhouse right away. While you are training about four new labor, build a guard tower close to the schoolhouse. Then train about three new serfs. While the serfs are delivering bricks and lumber to the first one, I try to build a couple pieces of road. Then build guard towers like crazy. Don't forget to train a recruit for each guard tower.
I have my archers wait behind the iron mountain and I send the troops quite a ways out from the row of guard towers. After they are defeated, the enemy will mill around for a while not knowing what to do - that is, if you sent the troops out far enough.
This gives you time to build another guard tower or even two. Build the last guard towers "inside" your first row of towers, so the enemy doesn't kill off your builders right away.
When the enemy starts coming after your archers, move the archers back down to the bottom of the screen and then over to the right. The barbarians will quit chasing them and just stand in formation. If you stay away from them, they will just stand there until they starve.
Now you have to build an inn and then a couple of quarries.
After that, you have to start getting wood, iron, coal and then gold.
You might have to practice some with building the first guard towers quickly and in the most effective place.
Have fun - you should be able to win if you can fend off the first few waves of attacks. Keep enough serfs going so they will replenish the ammunition for the guard towers.
Let me know if this works for you. I'm going back to mission 11 - again!
<<

olegasole

Knight

Post 20 Feb 2007, 21:45

oh that one. dont you have to sent 1 archer and they stop and die of of hunger?
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 22 Feb 2007, 19:29

Depends, the "smarter" AI in TPR actually realizes that the armies have been stopped and they resume moving, but in TSK that strategy works well.
<<

olegasole

Knight

Post 23 Feb 2007, 23:06

oh it does?
<<

3ybp

Peasant

Post 01 May 2008, 08:11

Re: KaM TSK Mission 8 walkthrough..

My greetings for you! I play km since 2000 and this game is one of the best for me. 8th mission was hard for me before yesterday. And yesterday i used the good tactic. And now it is not espesially hard for me. So, there are things what i did:
1. Devide army into 7 parts - axemen group, bowmen group, and 5 single axemen.
2. In parallel we build school and when it will be built we train 8 builders and 8 servants.
3. That 5 single axemen we send to place between two mountains (iron and gold) at the north-west and put them in different places
4. After school build inn. and then 2 stone quarries
5. First enemy troops will be militia. There are 2 groups. Each single axeman should attack each enemy group. When enemy group kill single axeman they will stop and after little time they will be died. So you will save big part of your troops.
6. To be continued...
<<

H.A.H.

Post 26 Jun 2008, 21:24

Jeez you guys are pansys. At the beginning of the level, immediately build your school house; then train 7 serfs and build watchtowers in a straight line, from the giant slab of rock, to the mountains. Move your bowmen all the way up to one square bellow the road connecting the watchtowers, and place your axe fighters on either side. Don't forget to train recruits before you build the watchtowers.
<<

MAPBill

Post 21 Feb 2009, 17:51

Oh, c'mon!

I've beaten that with just one tower and simply holding the line with my initial troops. Just place your melee fighters in front and your archers in the back, couldn't be more simple and effective. 6 axemen of mine died, but that's alright. Played it with the TPR version.

So it is true that the TPR AI is smarter than the TSK's! Interesting... :!:
<<

Thanatos

Blacksmith

Post 12 Sep 2009, 06:14

When I played this mission in 2002 I just placed some single axe pifgters on the way of enemy barbarians attacking you in 8 mins after mission tarts. after fighting with my poor axe fighters barbarians didn't attack my base if al of troops was in the battle simultaneously and they was not too far from my town.

P.S. Sorry for my english :)

Return to “Strategy Central”