Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Questions for Lewin

<<

MichGal

Lance Carrier

Post 12 Feb 2010, 15:42

Questions for Lewin

Hi Lewin. I was just wondering if you'd consider putting dates on the maps to let us know when they were added to your site or the date it was updated.

Also, I don't have the current editor. Do I have to delete the one I have and download the new one? Sorry, I'm not a computer whiz.

Thanks in advance!
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 14 Feb 2010, 03:35

Re: Questions for Lewin

Hi Lewin. I was just wondering if you'd consider putting dates on the maps to let us know when they were added to your site or the date it was updated.
That's a good idea, however I don't know the dates all of the missions that are already there were added, so I could only use it for new missions. To be honest the whole mission site is getting a bit out of hand. There are now so many missions that it really shouldn't be on one page, and there should be some sorting/searching facilities. The code behind it is very basic and could be done a lot better. Also the backend to the site means it is slow for me to add missions as I have to do a lot of stuff by hand. I honestly didn't expect it to be as popular as it has become, it wasn't designed to be used this much.
So maybe one day I will redesign and recode the whole thing.
Also, I don't have the current editor. Do I have to delete the one I have and download the new one? Sorry, I'm not a computer whiz.
Yes, deleting the old one is the best way to update. Just remove the folder KaMEditor-0.8.5 (or whatever it's called) then download and extract the new one. First time you run it, it will ask where KaM is. But after that it should just work. Let me know if you need more help.
Lewin.

Return to “General Talk”