Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Changing your units & houses file

<<

MichGal

Lance Carrier

Post 30 Nov 2009, 02:15

Changing your units & houses file

Hi everyone. A while back I downloaded a game that had me change something in the defines area. I think it's unit & houses, but I could be wrong. Here are my questions....

1. Is it the unit & house file that needs to be changed back?

2. If I don't change them back before playing another map, will it throw off the gameplay? I'm curently playing Rebellion in Ireland and I'm not being attacked by the enemies after the start of the map. (They are defending themselves.) I didn't remember that I need to change anything until I made it to the 3rd mission. :oops:

Thanks in advance.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 01 Dec 2009, 01:09

Yeah, it was almost certainly units.dat and houses.dat. And yes, you should change them back because otherwise the game balance will change. I don't think it would affect the AI attacks, it just changes unit/house statistics. (e.g. attack strength, hit points, wares produced, etc.)

This is why I'm kind of against including modified defines with missions on my site, people forget to change it back and it screws with the game balance and tactics that work. Although it does make the game more varied which is good.
<<

MichGal

Lance Carrier

Post 01 Dec 2009, 03:01

Thanks Lewin!

Return to “General Talk”