Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Own Website!

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 01 Nov 2009, 05:04

Own Website!

Does anyone know where a good place to start a free website of my own is? I doubt I will ever ahve enough money to actually pay so I was wondering if I could get one for free. This is something I may do in the future.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Thunderwolf

Crossbowman

Website: http://thunderwolf.freehost10.com/KaMMissionBuilder/index.php

Post 02 Nov 2009, 14:59

There's plenty of options for free webhosting.

I currently have x10hosting (yes, same as this site's host) is a fairly reliable host. Has been around for quite a while and offers an okay feature set. As far as I know, it's also the only one to support ASP.NET (although not windows specific libraries). They do require you to visit their forum every 2 weeks.

The other site I have is hosted at 123bemyhost.com, a seemingly fairly new hosting, offering 5GB of space and also a fair amount of features for a free host. It's slightly less reliable as it has a bit less uptime, but generally it'll still be online around 99%/week...
~old sig
MissionBuilder v0.9f2 UPDATED!!
Defend The Outer Colony. fight for your king and uncover the secrets of this land.
Temporary version at
http://thunderwolf.x10hosting.com/index.php
"You can't defeat me, I've played Knights and Merchants"
<<

poplm2

Peasant

Post 02 Jun 2011, 23:47

I would suggest 000webhost or freehostingcloud for hosting.
And co.cc for a free domain, If you need any help add me on msn, poplm2@hotmail . com
<<

Categoricus

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 19 Feb 2013, 01:59

Re: Own Website!

I've just migrated to host-ed and find it fair enough, with no ads. Originally I'm back hereby to update website information on my profile. :)
Primus Christianus Hungaricus Categoricus
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 19 Feb 2013, 09:04

Does anyone know where a good place to start a free website of my own is? I doubt I will ever ahve enough money to actually pay so I was wondering if I could get one for free. This is something I may do in the future.
Would you want to work with CSS + HTML (and possibly JavaScript), and write the website yourself, or would you do one of those freewebs kinda websites that work with templates?
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 19 Feb 2013, 13:47

This topic shouldn't have been kicked....I figured this out a LONG time ago. I've been making a lot of webpages lately. Most of which aren't public, but anyway...
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 19 Feb 2013, 13:57

Oh, I guess I didn't take a look at the date. Whoops.
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

Categoricus

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 19 Feb 2013, 14:08

This topic shouldn't have been kicked....I figured this out a LONG time ago. I've been making a lot of webpages lately. Most of which aren't public, but anyway...
And who cares for your personal interest in the topic? You might have mistaken it for your private chat room. I wanted to help further visitors with finding a web hosting service by sharing my brand new experience without opening a new thread for an existing subject, which could be considered chaotic soon enough.

I wonder why you didn't complain when this topic was last revoked in 2011, not closer to the last post than this time. I guess it's called the 'mass effect' that has taken control over you right now.
Primus Christianus Hungaricus Categoricus
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 19 Feb 2013, 14:11

And who cares for your personal interest in the topic? You might have mistaken it for your private chat room. I wanted to help further visitors with finding a web hosting service by sharing my brand new experience without opening a new thread for an existing subject, which could be considered chaotic soon enough.
The point is that you revived a 4 year old topic, and the problem is already resolved. you might aswell have made a new topic if you wanted to give tips.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 20 Feb 2013, 02:41

The point is that you revived a 4 year old topic, and the problem is already resolved. you might aswell have made a new topic if you wanted to give tips.
I agree.

Return to “General Chit Chat”