Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

recruit bug

<<

chubb

Post 20 Aug 2009, 09:02

recruit bug

hi all,

I love this game and decided to play the peasants rebellion campaign since I only played the shattered kingdom 10 years ago :wink:

I juse Patch 1.58/92 PP (SR3)

In the first mission many recruits just stand with a question mark above their head and don't go into the barracks.
Is this a known bug, which can't be fixed?

Greets
chubb
<<

chubb

Post 20 Aug 2009, 10:49

1.6 installed

I should have posted this in the patch 1.6 section i suppose.
Now I even installed patch 1.6 beta 6, but the bug still remains.

I succeeded the first campaign nevertheless, but I couldn't find anything about that bug here.
<<

merchant_992

Pikeman

Post 20 Aug 2009, 14:38

This is not a bug. They will go to the barracks eventually. One at a time. The same happens when you train a lot of recruits. Onely one at a time will go to the barracks then.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 23 Aug 2009, 05:53

Why do they go to the Barracks one at a time after all?
Is there a reasonable explanation?
I think thats a bug :wink:
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

merchant_992

Pikeman

Post 25 Aug 2009, 16:25

He say's many stand there, not all. ??
<<

chubb

Post 26 Aug 2009, 17:54

bug... not

Sorry for not answering for some days.

merchant_992 was correct with his guess, they go evantually into the barracks, but I didn't notice that, because I was creating new recruits, who went in before.

I hope the work with the remake is in progress.

Games like this shouldn't have so few people still playing it and no professional developers improving it, that's a pity.

With kind regards and now playing K&M TPR :)
chubb
<<

merchant_992

Pikeman

Post 27 Aug 2009, 14:56

I totally agree, but there are just not enough of us at this moment. People want fast action in games nowadays. Not many hours each mission. It's a pity that no developer tries to make a new kam-style game.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Sep 2009, 00:50

Well I think the bug is caused by the game thinking that a unit is already going to occupy the barracks. Think about it, lets say you have 2 mills which don't have anyone running it. Then you have 2 bakers without a job. Wouldn't it be annoying if both bakers go to the same mill? I think that once the recruit "occupys" the barracks, it then becomes "Unoccupied" so another can enter.

It's just a guess, but that's what I think.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 04 Sep 2009, 07:38

That sounds reasonable - unit going to a house marks the house "occupied", but since the barracks is a special house as soon as unit arives they are unoccupied again. Looks like a bug to me, cos barracks should never be "occupied" anyway.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Categoricus

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 03 Nov 2009, 14:14

It's not an evidence that this bug happens. There are missions where recruits are walking towards the barracks continuously. I've tried settling the barracks far from the school and it can work in certain cases. Distance between them was only defined by the latency of training.
Primus Christianus Hungaricus Categoricus
<<

CrazyA

Post 20 Jul 2010, 06:36

Sorry for bringing up an old topic.

I also was anoyed when the recruits just walk one and one to the barracks. But this time it worse! I had 7 of them in the barracks and a lot of recruits standing beside the church. only with a question mark.

I think it should be adressed. Since it affect gameplay.

//Albin
<<

ParvaLupa

Post 15 Dec 2013, 15:15

Re: recruit bug

I get the same, in the shattered kingdom I noticed sometimes that when the school is too far away from the barracks that the recruits won't find their way. Now I'm starting the first mission of the peasants rebellion and I can't re-build anything to make it better but have to recruit new units and have too many idle recruits standing at the schools only sometimes one makes it to the barracks to which I can't win this as I can't make units.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 15 Dec 2013, 16:42

Well I think it wasn´t ever fixed. Just try to build your school near to your barracks, so recruits have a small way to go and the next ones will start to go to the barracks :P
<<

Drummerdude48

Serf

Post 25 Jun 2014, 17:14

Sorry to bump an old thread but this used to annoy the hell out of me haha. I think I used to get around the issue by just building a watch tower. Never had the problem again I dont think. Obviously you just had to deal with the slow process of waiting for the recruits to go to the castle 1 by 1 if watch towers were not available on the level though.

Theres prob a bug fix to this is some patch now anyway (?) but just wanted to give my 2 cents :)
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 25 Jun 2014, 17:29

No there is no bug fix for this problem and there won´t be a final patch (until someone just feel ready to start a new project/patch and has much free time :D )
There is really no fix, what I know. When I was in a "hardcore" time of KaM and really wanted to play as good as possible, I tried to make even 2 barracks, but this doesn´t help also. Just notice that there is no way to block certain wares in the barracks (in the original game) :D

So like I said in my previous post, you can try to make the school as close as possible to your barracks. It´s possible that the recruits will go in faster then BECAUSE they will finish their way in a few seconds so there is no delay of recruits. Never tested that though and I have really not such plans :mrgreen: because I have no time in general xd

I see, you joined 3 days ago. You know already about the Fanproject: "Knights and Merchants The Remake" ? :P This could fix your problems(with recruits).

Return to “General Talk”