Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Free build

<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 23 Oct 2014, 23:26

Re: Free build

The new dynamic scripting tool is very powerful in the current RC3... it's easy to make a sandboxed version of any map.

Try to unzip this in your \KaM Remake\Maps\ folder:
Map 1
This is a version of Golden Cliffs where the player can choose his starting position and just build alone.

Please note that it won't work in the current official release (r5503)... to get the current beta version, you can email contact@kamremake.com , or just wait for the next official relase, as you prefer.

This one, instead, is a sandboxed version of TSK 11 where the AI shouldn't attack ever, and it might work in the current official release (r5503):
Map 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 24 Oct 2014, 09:33

So if I understand the code correctly... the point is to simply have a peaceful AI that can't do anything?
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 24 Oct 2014, 10:43

So if I understand the code correctly... the point is to simply have a peaceful AI that can't do anything?
As far as I understood, the point of this thread is to have a map where you can build without competition.

In Golden Cliffs - Sandbox , after a position has been chosen by the player, every other position is purged.

In TSK11 - Sandbox, the AI is set to never keep recruits in its Barracks, which means it will never equip soldiers, which means it should never attack since, as far as I know, it only attacks after equipping enough soldiers.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 24 Oct 2014, 12:05

Not sure if the script is really needed, you would achieve the same results if you changed the equip rate in the editor, or in case of Golden Cliffs, simply not added any other players at all (in multiplayer).
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 24 Oct 2014, 13:28

Not sure if the script is really needed, you would achieve the same results if you changed the equip rate in the editor, or in case of Golden Cliffs, simply not added any other players at all (in multiplayer).
I tried, but wasn't able to set the equip rate to 0 in the editor (may have tried to change the wrong slider, though).

Also, in MultiPlayer you can't freely change the game's speed (yet) as you can in SinglePlayer (x1->[...]->x300). :P
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 24 Oct 2014, 15:32

Sandbox with enemy waves would be perfect i think, after consider your town is finished u can activate wave that invade from many sides.
I think u can just remove starting workers AI leave only storehouse, and it doesnt need scirpts ;P
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 28 Oct 2014, 16:52

I think u can just remove starting workers AI leave only storehouse, and it doesnt need scirpts ;P
It does need scripting if you want to also be able to choose your starting position and to be able to actually build your town there. :P

Return to “General Talk”