Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Always problem with food economy

<<

oflix

Peasant

Post 08 Feb 2009, 17:34

Always problem with food economy

Hi, I have start playing KaM again after years of absent from this wonderful game. But I have a problem, I never get any sausages. Bread and Whine have never been a problem when I'm playing now and before but always the sausage. Does anybody have some tips how to get a steddy sausage economy and not feed the sausage to the army?
<<

Wchild

Post 08 Feb 2009, 21:45

In tpr u have a chance to build fishers hut, 2 is enough since the fish in the seas seem to finish after certain amount of time. To have sausages, i build 4x farms to have good amount of corn and 2 swine farms. Go to the "distribution of wares" section and scroll it to 5 instead of 3. So you will have lots of skin and pigs. You dont need to have 2 butchers , 1 butcher is enough to have a good supply of sausages. Build 1 tanner if you want to have a leather armored army, with 2 swine farms u will have tons of leather.
<<

oflix

Peasant

Post 09 Feb 2009, 08:47

The thing is that I don't play TPR. I play TSK so that with fish is not a luxury I've but I have tried that now some times, and even had 6 farms but still don't had enough sausage. Have to try it again but can it be because I have to MANY serfs?
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 09 Feb 2009, 11:12

The most important part with making sure you have enough sausages, is as Wchild said to alter the delivery of corn to the swine farm from 3 to 5. Naturally more serfs means more sausages, but having some 60 serfs it should be enough to have 7 farms (if you also want loaves) and 2-3 swine farms to provide a steady supply of sausages (you still won't be getting any surplus amounts in your storehouse though).
<<

oflix

Peasant

Post 09 Feb 2009, 13:23

Thanks I'll try that and hopefully I'll have some more steady sausage supply. 60 serfs seams like it will get really crowded around the storehouses, hmm well I'll have to try anyway.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 09 Feb 2009, 13:38

Second storehouse usually helps. At least I used to have 1 storehouse per 50-70 serfs with condensed towns and more storehouses on demand if buildings are stretched along some line (e.g. TSK mission 12).
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

oflix

Peasant

Post 09 Feb 2009, 17:19

Okey, well I've been absent for so long from this game so the basics are gone from my brain. Managed to get to level 8 in TSK now anyway, going to try all the tips you have given me.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 09 Feb 2009, 20:39

In my opinion, two swine farms is too few. You need at least three for enough sausages (with two you can probably produce enough leather).
<<

Thanatos

Blacksmith

Post 12 Sep 2009, 06:19

I always build 2-3 bakery, 2 swine farms and 1 butchery it's enough for my peasants. But for warriors sausages are not so important. They eat everything with the same appetite.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Oct 2009, 02:06

I build 3-4 swinefarms if I feel like taking my time on a mission. For longer ones I may have 6 or 7. I have about 3 farms at first then about 6-8 later on and, perhaps, 15 if the game hasn't ended yet. I make sure I have more fields then my farmer can handle to make sure he is doing the most he can (if room allows). I build another butcher if I have 2 or more pigs in my storehouse(s) for more then a few minuites. I also make more surfs if I have more then 3 of anything in a building that needs to be taken to the storehouse (i.e flour, corn, skins, ect). oh and I always set my corn to 5 on anything that I need. I almost never have a probelm with food, even if I start making an army first. Oh and like what Krom said always build more storhouses if one is getting crowded. (It would be better to see this in advance) Be warned that having too large a city can cause problems, even if it is well planed. Anyway I talked too much but I hope you enjoy the information!!! :P
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Slayer

Post 11 Jun 2011, 20:26

Don't store bread, wheat and flour.
Build 3 bakeries.
Spam inns.
Sausage for everyone, also bread though.
My people never have a shortage for food even though I do not store it. 3 bakers can bake a lot of bread and if you build a lot of inns they work around the clock until my slaves have filled all the inns. After that they just loaf around.

Return to “Strategy Central”