Map editing

<<

kimovin

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 14 Mar 2019, 01:19

Map editing

Hi everyone,
Im willing to add already existing scripts from one map to another, how can I do that?
I couldnt find any complete guide for scripting to do it myself and It seems like that there is no such options in default map editor.

Also I want to change some co-op maps to default ones so my friends and I could play with added peacetime, but no matter how you save the map it is still goes as co-op.
I tried to change map folders but it didnt help. Is is possible to switch co-op map to default with standart map editor?
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 14 Mar 2019, 10:38

Re: Map editing

Hi,
I couldnt find any complete guide for scripting to do it myself and It seems like that there is no such options in default map editor.
Check out these pages, quite good and compact:
https://github.com/Kromster80/kam_remak ... amicEvents
Even can search on the forum for some dynamic scripting hints.
Imagine! Once I heard a baker learnt how to scripting with zero technical knowledge. So probably won't be hard to pick it up :P
Im willing to add already existing scripts from one map to another, how can I do that?
CTRL+C, CTRL+V on the -script file and rename it. Check the script as probably that can have several map specific values which not map compatible. (for example secret or hidden tiles with coordinates etc...)
Also I want to change some co-op maps to default ones so my friends and I could play with added peacetime, but no matter how you save the map it is still goes as co-op.
I tried to change map folders but it didnt help. Is is possible to switch co-op map to default with standart map editor?
-What is Co-op? I know there is food market chain in Hungary with the same name. How is that coming into KaM RemaKe??? :mrgreen:
Probably it is going to be signed as coop because the Added AIs?? Anyway can not be Coop maps played with PT?
I guess some CooP professional will answer properly soon.

Bests,
<<

Just_Harry

Rogue

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 14 Mar 2019, 11:22

Re: Map editing

You can change that Coop-thing in the .txt file of the map. There should a 'SetCoop'. Delete that and you are able to play it normally with peactime.

Return to “General / Questions”