Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Beta 6 is here!

<<

The Knight

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 06 Oct 2008, 22:28

I must say, the TSK music in correct order sounds not only different to TPR, it remembers me on my old TSK days 9 years ago. A love Lewintude guys for that! 8) :lol:

I see a new bug. If i press right mouse button on the two train-keys in school or barracks, i go to the end/top of unit-selection. Understand? But nothing happens if I do that in townhall. Could you fix it?
<<

Mamasan1

Post 07 Oct 2008, 00:03

New characters

How about adding some serving wenches? A town idiot? Would be nice to have the fish regenerate, so the rivers don't get all fished out. Sheep herders? Cattle/Milk cows/Milk maids? The wolves could attack people or livestock.
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

Post 07 Oct 2008, 00:16

Do you know, that the guys who make the patch DON'T have the source code of game (to develope new features)? They only hack an exe file.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 07 Oct 2008, 06:03

Yeah so do I, the only problem I foresee is if someone feels corageuous enough to attack the bowmen at the start without being tasked to do so, but oh well :D.
If people choose to disobey the messages then that's their problem.
It's just that everyone has become so used to the way the stuff is set-up, changing something like this...
It's not as if we're changing a lot, but yeah, what ever.
Now that I think about it, this was more than likely caused because I increased some defense radius values, will return the bowmen defense radius to its previous value.
Just on the bowmen hiding above the village though. They should have a really low defence radius, so they will stay there even if the other troops die.
Hmm... I wonder if the drunk soldiers bug appeared, it did appear seldom for me when testing.
No, I don't think it did. I have never seen drunk soldiers but these ones were behaving normally, their defence was normal. (a part from not attacking)
Problem is, I don't know how I would go about doing this with Qage's editor...
Oh that's easy!
To block things you just add object number 61. (have a look at other blocked places, like the southern islands in M4)
Select objects, then click on "Def. value". Press back space then type 61. Click to place.
Another place that could do with this treatment is the northern hill in the battle tutorial, and I'm sure there are lots more that have been forgotten.
The Knight wrote:
Some Questions:
The hit points word (in german: ZUSTAND) over the little green status-bar of every building is in an unreadable color, could you change it into white?

I tried looking for the color but didn't manage to find it.
@The Knight: Post a screenshot of what you mean so that Litude understands.
I see a new bug. If i press right mouse button on the two train-keys in school or barracks, i go to the end/top of unit-selection. Understand? But nothing happens if I do that in townhall. Could you fix it?
I doubt it. All we can really do with EXE hacking is change individual values. (such as the number of songs) That would need some extra code to be written, which can't be done.
How about adding some serving wenches? A town idiot? Would be nice to have the fish regenerate, so the rivers don't get all fished out. Sheep herders? Cattle/Milk cows/Milk maids? The wolves could attack people or livestock.
All of those things are impossible without the source code. We can only change very small things, and even then it's very tricky to locate them.
Lewin.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 07 Oct 2008, 07:18

Oh that's easy!
To block things you just add object number 61. (have a look at other blocked places, like the southern islands in M4)
Select objects, then click on "Def. value". Press back space then type 61. Click to place.
Another place that could do with this treatment is the northern hill in the battle tutorial, and I'm sure there are lots more that have been forgotten.
Thanks! That will be useful :)
@The Knight: Post a screenshot of what you mean so that Litude understands.
I do know what he is talking about, the building "Condition:" font color. Changing the color of the mini.fnt which is used to spell out the word has no effect so the color is obviously hardcoded. I also tired editing an entry I found from one of the palette files with the same color value as the text but it did not have any effect either so it has to be somewhere in the EXE. Just didn't manage to find it.
I doubt it. All we can really do with EXE hacking is change individual values. (such as the number of songs) That would need some extra code to be written, which can't be done.
Yeah... I did find some town hall code if you're interested in taking a look, don't know if it's the correct part at all or if any sense can be made of it :D.
I hope you're kidding :D.
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

Post 07 Oct 2008, 13:10

@ Patch team: I asked zuxxez for getting the source code of english and german manual! And I get it! 8)
For German version I will update the manual and include it into setup.exe. Just 4 info. I don't know, but if needed I can update english to and make pdf file.

Is there something wrong english manual?
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 07 Oct 2008, 18:03

There is a lot wrong with it :D. A lot of misspelled things, quarry has same description as woodcutters and most of the building names are wrong.
So what exactly is this source, unprotected PDF file or something else? Is there a good freeware program that can edit PDF files?
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 07 Oct 2008, 18:13

7 TPR:
- stone stripes on X139 Y65 and near the right edge of the map
- placing soldiers about Y=75 makes green enemy performing an infinite 1-soldier attack

I'm also thinking about that remote stone mountain. Is that neccessary at all? (I mean lowering the radius of yellow enemy, but I wonder if anybody use it)

BTW, does Polish PDF file exist anywhere?
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 07 Oct 2008, 18:17

7 TPR:
- stone stripes on X139 Y65 and near the right edge of the map
- placing soldiers about Y=75 makes green enemy performing an infinite 1-soldier attack
Okay, thanks for the report.
I'm also thinking about that remote stone mountain. Is that neccessary at all? (I mean lowering the radius of yellow enemy, but I wonder if anybody use it)
Don't think anyone actually goes that far for stone, there's plenty of it at other locations.
BTW, does Polish PDF file exist anywhere?
Nope, was there a printed manual included with the Polish version of the game?
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 07 Oct 2008, 18:21

Don't think anyone actually goes that far for stone, there's plenty of it at other locations.
It's only about 200 in the storehouse after grabbing all the nearest stone (but it will be more more after flatting the terrain, so that's not neccessary)
Nope, was there a printed manual included with the Polish version of the game?
Yes, but unfortunately I've lost it (I have only TSK's one).
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

Post 07 Oct 2008, 20:33

There is a lot wrong with it :D. A lot of misspelled things, quarry has same description as woodcutters and most of the building names are wrong.
So what exactly is this source, unprotected PDF file or something else? Is there a good freeware program that can edit PDF files?
No problem you can get it, 70 MB size. The file is a word document. :lol: :lol:
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 10 Oct 2008, 13:47

7 TPR:
- when I started shooting enemy's (southern yellow) buildings or soldiers, he had not reacted at all
8 TPR: OK
9 TPR (unfinished):
- stone trace because of wrong tile usage those two at 58-5 and 58-6
- defense radius of brown enemy - he takes more when I'm protecting the watchtower built on the destroyed fisherman's hut place (melee and bowmen have the biggest radius)
//edited:
- purple enemy doesn't attack (5 hours tested; changelog says that all enemies attack)
- upper purple enemy makes a very big knights troop - seems like there's not enough defense positions
- some parts of gold mountain are unavaiable for mines
//edited once again: 10 TPR: (unfinished)
- drunk soldiers after 2:30
- still some mountains with shapes that make building mines impossible

Wait, does the drunk soldiers bug happen only to teams with programmed attacks?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 14 Oct 2008, 11:52

Hi,
More testing done.
TSK 4 cont:
- The AIs defence of the inner base is not great. After killing scouts no one wanted to defend the far right tower.

TSK 5:
Pretty good, no real bugs
- Due to the disconnected nature of the swamp my fisherman only caught fish sometimes, because none of the smaller pools have any fish. That's ok though, I guess it's harder catching fish in a swamp.
- You start with a heap of gold in this mission, much more than mission 4. I only needed to start producing it very late, maybe you should reduce it a bit?
- When shooting the bowmen over the water, no one reacted after killing the mounted group to their right. (first mounted came, then no one) That may be an engine bug though.
- The purple knights didn't react when I shot their serfs around the storehouse. They did when I attacked the storehouse.

No stone traces seen, but I didn't mine all that much.

TSK 6:
All good.

Are you still around Litude? You didn't send me the EXE indexes I requested by PM some time ago.
Lewin.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 14 Oct 2008, 15:22

TSK 4 cont:
- The AIs defence of the inner base is not great. After killing scouts no one wanted to defend the far right tower.
If they run out of scouts then that's it. There's no way of making a defense position for two different types of units :(.
TSK 5:
Pretty good, no real bugs
- Due to the disconnected nature of the swamp my fisherman only caught fish sometimes, because none of the smaller pools have any fish. That's ok though, I guess it's harder catching fish in a swamp.
Yeah plus even if I added fish into all these small pools it would run out fast and the problem would occur again.
- You start with a heap of gold in this mission, much more than mission 4. I only needed to start producing it very late, maybe you should reduce it a bit?
Nah, I guess this might be partly because IIRC the gold mountain was quite small so you would get only a small amount of gold.
- When shooting the bowmen over the water, no one reacted after killing the mounted group to their right. (first mounted came, then no one) That may be an engine bug though.
It's possible to fix by increasing the defense radiuses but then on the other hand it makes the enemy more aggressive which is what has been avoided in the patch.
- The purple knights didn't react when I shot their serfs around the storehouse. They did when I attacked the storehouse.
I need to check the defense radiuses.
You didn't send me the EXE indexes I requested by PM some time ago.
Yeah sorry I forgot, though I don't have all the addresses you requested so I sent you what I have.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 15 Oct 2008, 06:46

If they run out of scouts then that's it. There's no way of making a defense position for two different types of units :(.
My point was that there were a few groups of axe fighters/bowmen quite close by, who wouldn't protect that tower but the next one along they would. Still, never mind, because otherwise they'd be way too agressive and would send all their troops at once.
Nah, I guess this might be partly because IIRC the gold mountain was quite small so you would get only a small amount of gold.
As a matter of fact there is plenty of gold in that hill, about 4 mines worth! (I mean 4 locations to build a gold mine, each reaching places the others can't) This map has as much or more gold than mission 4. I only had to construct 1 mine and only about half of the minable gold from that section was mined. (there was still lots left, and still more places to build mines that couldn't be reached from there)
I think 200 is way too much for this mission, and 100 would be far more suitable.
But still, I won't get hung up over it if you say no. :D
It's possible to fix by increasing the defense radiuses but then on the other hand it makes the enemy more aggressive which is what has been avoided in the patch.
Yeah, just leave it. Not such a big deal, they did send something eventually, and there is only 1 square you can stand on without the enemy archers shooting back at you.
Yeah sorry I forgot, though I don't have all the addresses you requested so I sent you what I have.
Thanks, although I was really after the main menu stuff to try to add a battle tutorial button.
Lewin.

Return to “1.60 Patch (Service Release 3)”