Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Beta 6 is here!

<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 02 Oct 2008, 20:48

The 1.471 ENG demo uses the Polish font files for whatever reason (open in graphics reader and you'll see).
<<

Michieru

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 03 Oct 2008, 08:47

I love this patch <3 Thank you very much to everyone who works on it!

I've played German version (completed Tutorial, TSK Mission 1-3 and TPR Mission 1+2) and found no bugs, yet. =)

I do have one question: Is it possible to add a message, when the fisherman don't get fish anymore (fish in water is empty) and stop him to go out of his hut (because, when fish is empty, he still try to go fishing)?
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 03 Oct 2008, 09:53

@kuba11100: You can try the German 1.471 TPR demo to see the numbers lower down.
Great! Remember to report if there's some change you disagree with.
I've played German version (completed Tutorial, TSK Mission 1-3 and TPR Mission 1+2) and found no bugs, yet. =)
Seems like my playtesting paid off :D.
I do have one question: Is it possible to add a message, when the fisherman don't get fish anymore (fish in water is empty) and stop him to go out of his hut (because, when fish is empty, he still try to go fishing)?
Hmm... The way the system works would make this extremely difficult. To my understanding it checks if a certain terrain type exists and the fish isn't terrain which is why it now only checks if the fisherman is close to the water. It would probably require recoding the whole system which would just be ways too difficult :?.

Still haven't gotten around to fix the stone traces, but that should hopefully be done for next beta.
<<

Michieru

Recruit

Post 03 Oct 2008, 10:19

Great! Remember to report if there's some change you disagree with.
I'll remember it! :)
Seems like my playtesting paid off :D.
Until now it did! I'll report, if I find a bug.
Hmm... The way the system works would make this extremely difficult. To my understanding it checks if a certain terrain type exists and the fish isn't terrain which is why it now only checks if the fisherman is close to the water. It would probably require recoding the whole system which would just be ways too difficult :?.
Ah...ok, sorry, I didn't know, that it is so difficult.
Still haven't gotten around to fix the stone traces, but that should hopefully be done for next beta.
That would be great. :D
<<

Michieru

Recruit

Post 03 Oct 2008, 14:24

Here is one problem... I killed a conscript (belongs to a tower, who was on his way to get food or on his way back to tower... it doesn't matter), but his army killed my soldiers (= I couldn't destroy this tower)... after that he never made a new conscript for this tower in school... = this tower became useless for him... :(

I saw this in tutorial, is it in campaigns, too and can you fix it?
This bug will make it too easy to destroy towers...

Sorry for doublepost! :oops:

Edit:

@Litude: What exactly have to be fixed with the stone traces?
And can you tell us, when it's done? (so that we know, if it will be fixed in beta7 or we have to wait for another beta)
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 03 Oct 2008, 14:40

That bug sometimes happen also to the human player.

4 TPR (uncomplete):
- am I placing the soldiers too close, or their defense radius is too big? Still problem with radius of the northern enemy. Save attached, but the bug happens also when placing the soldiers onto the road to 2nd storehouse.
Save file (2nd slot)
<<

Michieru

Recruit

Post 03 Oct 2008, 15:18

4 TPR:
- Added a new lose condition, if your allied soldiers are killed you will lose

That's what in the readme, but it doesn't work...

@Kuba: I used your save file to show that bug.
Hope that isn't bad from me...

2nd slot, too.
http://www.file-upload.net/download-1155203/game001.sav.html
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 03 Oct 2008, 19:02

4 TPR (uncomplete):
- am I placing the soldiers too close, or their defense radius is too big? Still problem with radius of the northern enemy. Save attached, but the bug happens also when placing the soldiers onto the road to 2nd storehouse.
Save file (2nd slot)
You are so right, due to some changes I did in this beta the defense radiuses were reset to their previous values (in mistake), will return them to what they were in beta 5.
4 TPR:
- Added a new lose condition, if your allied soldiers are killed you will lose

That's what in the readme, but it doesn't work...
Strange, it did work back in beta 4, almost positive. Anyways I'll do a check on this.
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 03 Oct 2008, 20:04

4 TPR:
- if eastern players' storehouses, inns and schools are destroyed, nothing happens (it should be a lost goal there, shouldn't it?)
- maybe by an accident, maybe not, green player attacked with small groups (one big group, more than 12, one very small group, 2 soldiers, but the big group went back)

Drunk soldiers bug didn't appear, but the broken northern enemy's radius made them attacking me with a single soldier, so number of units was smaller.

5 TPR seems to be okay
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 03 Oct 2008, 20:57

Dutch build of beta 6 posted.
4 TPR:
- if eastern players' storehouses, inns and schools are destroyed, nothing happens (it should be a lost goal there, shouldn't it?)
There was noone originally and I thought that because they don't have any economic buildings this was done but adding these lost goals would make the mission less confusing.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 04 Oct 2008, 07:31

Hi,
It would be difficult for us to do now, (no, it would be nigh on impossible) but it would have been easy enough for Joymainia to program. After all, it knows whether or not the fisherman will catch fish. Peter just became lazy with TPR, and maybe the current message was meant to check for that too.
I will be reporting any stone traces I find, but it should be easy enough to fix it just by looking at the mountains.

I have some more suggestions for the patch:
- What about including a BAT file in the root directory that swaps the battle tutorial file with the town tutorial file. This way noodbies can play the battle tutorial too. Then they can just execute the BAT again and it will swap it back. What do you think?

- In mission 5, since SR2 you must defend Lauenborg. However, if his lance carriers die and you weren't watching, (there is no warning) it may not be obvious why you suddenly loose. Therefore I propose attaching a message to that lost goal, something along the lines of this:
  Code:
Thou hath failed! The Barron of Lauenborgs men lie dead at the feet of thy enemy. Thou must needs try harder in order to protect them![/quote] Judging from the tutorial you get about 10-20 seconds to read it before the goal happens (you win or loose) and that would be plenty of time. This could also be done for the other missions that involve protecting an ally. [b]Play test report:[/b] [b]Tutorial:[/b] Good, but a few things I'd like to point out: - Firstly, this is just my opinion, but isn't 16 a lot of fields? I normally place ~12 per farm. Still, it's just my opinion and with 16 your farmer will never be idle. - Also, 16 should be written sixteen, (not just numeric) because it looks much more official. This could also be done for other languages. - Minor thing: Maybe it should mention that a backer works in the mill, because it's a bit less obvious. If the message is full then don't worry. - Maybe it should also say near the end that if you start to run low of food you should build more food producing buildings. Also it could suggest more farms/swine farms for faster weapon production. - This is the only real bug of the report: the max recruit setting for blue is not low enough. When I destroyed his barracks the recruits overflowed covering about 4 barracks worth of space. [url=http://lewin.namsys.com.au/kam/Temp/m0stat.gif]Statistics[/url] [b]Battle Tutorial:[/b] Ok, but the last 2 messages are not good at all. The first two are perfect, they occur just after killing the enemies you are told to. The second last is ok, (appears once bowmen die) but it seems to tell me to attack the enemy right away. The last message (for me) displayed about 1-2 minutes after that one, and was just giving me some more guidance on how to attack. I checked the script, and this happened because the last one is sent the normal way, whereas the other is sent once the bowmen die. (meaning the timing is almost always out) This can be solved simply, by putting two goals instead of a goal and a message: [code]!ADD_GOAL 4  1  527  3 !ADD_GOAL 4  1  528  3[/quote] I tested this, and both messages appear at once, and that is far better than messed up timing. I don't really like the content of the messages though, because they both explain the same thing at the start. Here is my suggestion: (old above, new bellow) 527: [code]Attack the enemy forces which lie in waiting to the west. Watch for enemy bowmen for they have entrenched themselves behind the infantry! Send thy scouts to the north that they may encircle the enemy and attack from the rear. ---- Attack the enemy forces which lie in waiting to the west with all thy troops at once. Watch for enemy bowmen for they have entrenched themselves behind the infantry! Send thy scouts to the north that they may encircle the enemy and attack from the rear.[/quote] 528: [code]Now thou shalt launch an attack with all thy forces at once. Place thy bowmen behind thine infantry to drive back the enemy lines. If thou art glorious, the battle tutorial is complete. ---- Place thy bowmen behind thine infantry to drive back the enemy lines. If thou art glorious, the battle tutorial is complete.[/quote] Currently the both tell you to attack, without acknowledging that the last message already said that. Don't you think it looks odd at the moment? A part from that, all is well. (making the messages appear once goals are complete is an excellent idea) [b]Mission 10 TSK:[/b] - The village in this mission is supposed to be the same village as the one in the start of mission 11, right? (the buildings are in the same positions, and the terrain is very similar) Mission 11 is supposed to occur just after mission 10, at the same place. (a bit like the first 3 TPR missions) Therefore, it would be logical for the storehouse to contain exactly the same number of wares in mission 10 as in 11, wouldn't it? However, mission 10 is quite different and I think you should make them match exactly. (copy 11s wares to 10) Also the villages do not match exactly. Some roads, such as the woodcutters, are not the same. Apart from that it is a very close match and I think they are meant to be the same. The terrain varies a bit too, (trees especially) but I guess that's harder to fix. [b]Mission 11 TSK:[/b] About 3 hours in, and all is going well. (enemy is mining stone fine now!) Attacks are good, and quite difficult. Only one thing to report: - Just by looking at the burned village you can see where each building was. However, when my brother tried to place the sawmill on what is obviously the ruins of it, (we always do that, for the roads already exist) there was a pine tree in front blocking it. This tree should be removed, for the sawmill was only destroyed a few hours ago and a tree can't grow that quickly. :wink: Another option would be to move the sawmill, but I'd rather delete the tree. I'm starting on TSK 1 next, and will be playing up to 9. (my brother's doing 10-20) More bug reports coming! Lewin.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 04 Oct 2008, 08:50

I will be reporting any stone traces I find, but it should be easy enough to fix it just by looking at the mountains.
Yeah but it's not only the corner pieces, rough elevation can also cause it.
I have some more suggestions for the patch:
- What about including a BAT file in the root directory that swaps the battle tutorial file with the town tutorial file. This way noodbies can play the battle tutorial too. Then they can just execute the BAT again and it will swap it back. What do you think?
Hmm... Maybe it could be a good idea, I just fear that someone will manage to mess up their game somehow :D.
- In mission 5, since SR2 you must defend Lauenborg. However, if his lance carriers die and you weren't watching, (there is no warning) it may not be obvious why you suddenly loose. Therefore I propose attaching a message to that lost goal, something along the lines of this:
  Code:
Thou hath failed! The Barron of Lauenborgs men lie dead at the feet of thy enemy. Thou must needs try harder in order to protect them![/quote] Judging from the tutorial you get about 10-20 seconds to read it before the goal happens (you win or loose) and that would be plenty of time. This could also be done for the other missions that involve protecting an ally.[/quote] Is this truly needed? Thought that you'd realize quite fast that you messed up with defending your allies if you suddenly lose. [quote="Lewin"][b]Tutorial:[/b] Good, but a few things I'd like to point out: - Firstly, this is just my opinion, but isn't 16 a lot of fields? I normally place ~12 per farm. Still, it's just my opinion and with 16 your farmer will never be idle.[/quote] Well 16 is the amount the official messages suggested, so... Besides my fields are usually 14 or 15 squares. [quote="Lewin"] - Also, 16 should be written sixteen, (not just numeric) because it looks much more official. This could also be done for other languages.[/quote] In certain languages it looks weird to write any numbers above 10 or 12 with letters, but for the English version probably. [quote="Lewin"] - Minor thing: Maybe it should mention that a backer works in the mill, because it's a bit less obvious. If the message is full then don't worry.[/quote] I think there's room for it, but I also thought that at some point the player has to learn to find out the correct occupant himself, right? [quote="Lewin"] - Maybe it should also say near the end that if you start to run low of food you should build more food producing buildings. Also it could suggest more farms/swine farms for faster weapon production.[/quote] Maybe, but I think something should be left to the players to figure out. [quote="Lewin"] - This is the only real bug of the report: the max recruit setting for blue is not low enough. When I destroyed his barracks the recruits overflowed covering about 4 barracks worth of space.[/quote] Oh, I thought adding a MAX_RECRUITS of 5 would make sure they wouldn't produce more than 5 recruits but I guess it is somehow like the SERF_COUNT or something. [quote="Lewin"][b]Battle Tutorial:[/b] Ok, but the last 2 messages are not good at all. The first two are perfect, they occur just after killing the enemies you are told to. The second last is ok, (appears once bowmen die) but it seems to tell me to attack the enemy right away. The last message (for me) displayed about 1-2 minutes after that one, and was just giving me some more guidance on how to attack. I checked the script, and this happened because the last one is sent the normal way, whereas the other is sent once the bowmen die. (meaning the timing is almost always out) This can be solved simply, by putting two goals instead of a goal and a message: [code]!ADD_GOAL 4  1  527  3 !ADD_GOAL 4  1  528  3[/quote] I tested this, and both messages appear at once, and that is far better than messed up timing.[/quote] The problem with sending two messages at once, will the first message be noticed? [quote="Lewin"]I don't really like the content of the messages though, because they both explain the same thing at the start. Here is my suggestion: (old above, new bellow) 527: [code]Attack the enemy forces which lie in waiting to the west. Watch for enemy bowmen for they have entrenched themselves behind the infantry! Send thy scouts to the north that they may encircle the enemy and attack from the rear. ---- Attack the enemy forces which lie in waiting to the west with all thy troops at once. Watch for enemy bowmen for they have entrenched themselves behind the infantry! Send thy scouts to the north that they may encircle the enemy and attack from the rear.[/quote] 528: [code]Now thou shalt launch an attack with all thy forces at once. Place thy bowmen behind thine infantry to drive back the enemy lines. If thou art glorious, the battle tutorial is complete. ---- Place thy bowmen behind thine infantry to drive back the enemy lines. If thou art glorious, the battle tutorial is complete.[/quote] Currently the both tell you to attack, without acknowledging that the last message already said that. Don't you think it looks odd at the moment?[/quote] Well the earlier message is IMO not trying to actually tell you to attack but to take out their bowmen with your scouts. [quote="Lewin"][b]Mission 10 TSK:[/b] - The village in this mission is supposed to be the same village as the one in the start of mission 11, right? (the buildings are in the same positions, and the terrain is very similar) Mission 11 is supposed to occur just after mission 10, at the same place. (a bit like the first 3 TPR missions) Therefore, it would be logical for the storehouse to contain exactly the same number of wares in mission 10 as in 11, wouldn't it? However, mission 10 is quite different and I think you should make them match exactly. (copy 11s wares to 10) Also the villages do not match exactly. Some roads, such as the woodcutters, are not the same. Apart from that it is a very close match and I think they are meant to be the same. The terrain varies a bit too, (trees especially) but I guess that's harder to fix.[/quote] What I hate about battle missions is that altering just something very small like a building position can make the mission very different (the AI will do very different moves)... I don't know if this is really necessary. The storehouse with 100 of each ware looks bad though. [quote="Lewin"][b]Mission 11 TSK:[/b] About 3 hours in, and all is going well. (enemy is mining stone fine now!) Attacks are good, and quite difficult. Only one thing to report: - Just by looking at the burned village you can see where each building was. However, when my brother tried to place the sawmill on what is obviously the ruins of it, (we always do that, for the roads already exist) there was a pine tree in front blocking it. This tree should be removed, for the sawmill was only destroyed a few hours ago and a tree can't grow that quickly. :wink: Another option would be to move the sawmill, but I'd rather delete the tree.[/quote] Well actually there was a weapons workshop over there which can be placed just fine. Though chances are this weapons workshop was placed there because of that tree and mission 10 has a sawmill there so I guess I could remove the tree and change it to a sawmill?
<<

merchant_992

Pikeman

Post 04 Oct 2008, 10:15

Tutorial Dutch

Building Sawmill over tree

ImageImage
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 04 Oct 2008, 10:36

@merchant_992: building on a dead tree was always possible.

About the 5 TSK message: the first message say: "You have to protect allied Lauenburg's troops at all costs", so I don't think that additional lost condition message should be added.

6 TPR seems to be okay during about 6 hours. There's still a small delay between attacks, but it happens randomly right now (when loading, the time to attack may vary).

Still there are some small things to fix:
- minimap colour of the light green enemy attacking at the start is the same as the dark green one
- were more crabs added? at the start there was so many of them on the west part of the map that they slowed down my soldiers
- protecting the iron mine built on the lowest iron mountain can make the enemy take more soldiers (but it's annoying only if you have soldiers placed in a "bad" place)

Right now there are no stone traces.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 04 Oct 2008, 11:05

HI

hi, I'm new here, I'm also on the German side logged, I know myself a lot with computers and their games from, but not good English, I love Kam is why I even though the beta version download order to find bugs! ! and I think this is a BUG:
I have installed the patch and then I started TPR mission, only now have my Crossbow no longer sound, and they are my fovourite ^^

and the units statistic: I think the new statistics better.only a bit rolled through each other, only for the people is a question mark, which I believe should be the fisher, have you forgotten him or what?
You aren´t a good player if you have a good PT-Army. You should be able to use it correctly!

You want cheap new Computergames? No problem, you will get them here: https://www.g2a.com/r/pawel95

Return to “1.60 Patch (Service Release 3)”