Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Europa Universalis and Paradox strategies

<<

Menszu

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 Jul 2013, 17:43

Europa Universalis and Paradox strategies

Hey, since suddenly with Kirelareus we realized we both share love for Europa Universalis, the question arose: are there more Paradox games lovers around in our community

I mostly think of grand strategies of series: Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Victoria and Hearts of Iron
Perhaps if it will turn out there's a bunch of us we can organize epic multiplayer session of some sort ; )

Furthermore, anybody's buying EU4? I already preordered and have high expectations of it :)
Puny lords starving your subjects, such weakness, shame on you...
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 25 Jul 2013, 20:30

Re: Europa Universalis and Paradox strategies

You're not the only ones !
I LOVE paradox games, I spent hundred of hours on europa universalis 3, victoria 2 and crusader kings 2.
These games are really long and interesting, and I truly love playing them ! I pre ordered europa universalis IV and recently bought the last victoria 2 extension which is awesome and improves this already great game.

I'm currently in the middle of a Victoria 2 game that uses a random generated world (a great generator that a fan made makes it possible to generate worlds with high customization).
What is great about hese games is that, the base game is amazing but there is also a high moddability which allows huge mods like the game of thrones one for CK2.

I did some pretty epic Europa Universalis multiplayer games too, and I'm sure that we can have a lot of fun if we organize one ;)
(I never tried CK2 multiplayer, and it really must be a lot of fun with backstabbing and plots :D Maybe we can organize one)
<<

Menszu

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 Jul 2013, 21:17

*hug* My man !

You need to give me this Victoria random generator, since I think Viki's have perhaps best mechanic of all eu series, but same as HoI are way more repeatable, it's obvious set of great powers. This might bring it to the next level of awesomness. However:

Viki I guess is to complicated for multi, I'm on pause half the time there, menaging all this trade, budget etc.

And CK2, well I played some multiplayer, but last time when I tried with friends to play competitively it's not that enjoyable. It worked like that:
Mine duke was mourdered first, and there was a child as only heir. Needles to speak child wasn't popular as a ruler, nor competent intrigue player, so he also get killed easly, so his brother, unpopular kadet branch of family and so the story ends xD However in it's defence I must say there was one big war, and it was epic, with many turns of action and balance, definetly great experience compared to dumb AI.
On the other hand I played with my girlfriend more roleplaying game, much slower and longer and it was very enjoyable, but I think here we should strive for quicker intense campaigns than playing a dollhouse ; )

So I guess HoI are cool with short timeframe, and posibility of playing smaler scenarios.
And the best is of course EU in my opinion, would be great to play with at least 6 players. The 4th was anounced to have good multiplayer support, so I hope we'll try it. And from what I saw from let's_play the new mechanics are awesome, and sightly resemble boardgame with more critical decisions.

Since I'll soon be off whole August going on excavations, I guess we wont organize it before it, so we can already plan EU4 session.
Puny lords starving your subjects, such weakness, shame on you...
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 25 Jul 2013, 22:16

Here is the random world generator (if you didn't register victoria 2 yet on your paradox account you can't see it)
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... -Generator!
It's really great :p as you said it adds endless possibilities because great powers are very different compared to the original map. Yes vic2 is probably really really slow in multiplayer because you need to pause really often :p
You can customize the setting file to get some awesome results to make difficult or fantasy setup.

Well I guess CK2 multi might be hard if everybody starts murdering each other, but it's surely great to play with other people rather than AI :p I should try this one when I got some time. I love the character interactions in this game and it must be a great fun to play it in MP.

I actually own heart of iron 3 but never had the time to test it because I was too absorbed in other paradox games, I'll give it a try when possible because it looks nice and different !
Well it seems we'll end up playing europa IV when everyone has time, because as you said the MP will be more stable and that's probably the best game to play in multiplayer, and I agree with you it seems that EUIV will be really amazing ! (and it'll probably start eating everyone's time when it comes out :P )

I must say that I got back to Victoria 2 since the new expansion, and it's really a wonderful, complicated strategy game, I'm glad to see other peoples enjoying it !
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 27 Jul 2013, 08:17

I'm not big fan of Paradox, but I like two their games. Now I'm playing in EU2 with WATKABAOI. I just anexed every country in Europe. I play as a Oman. I don't understand one thing: why I can't destroy my enemy in one war...
Also I know HoI2. It's too easy to win with Germany, but I have no idea what to do with USSR... I play only in SP, because I have no enough time for MP.
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 18 Aug 2013, 16:03

I have played quite a lot of Europa Universalis 4 since it's release, and I must say I really love it. Wonderful game, and multiplayer seems much easier to set up, I hope we can play a game somehow ;)
<<

Fonzie

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 07 Sep 2013, 16:05

Greetings,

who would be interested in a multiplayer game of EU4? We are already 2 players Shadaoe and I and would need at least 2 more.
It would be great if someone would join us.

have fun
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 07 Sep 2013, 16:16

Yes having a game with at least 4 players would be really amazing, I hope we can organise that !
<<

Leviathan

Post 05 Jul 2015, 12:01

I've got about 2500 hours in EUIII/IV and CKII combined, they are so good. (About 4.000 hours if you don't count mount & blade , which paradox did publish)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Jul 2015, 16:22

Europa Universalis IV is the only game by Paradox that I've played. It's very impressive. I love games where there are so many details to consider. I think my favorite touch to the game is the way territory is displayed. I love scrolling outward to see how large my nation has blobed out :)

Great game. I really miss it. I might give it another go sometime.

EDIT: I see this topic is actually quite old. Whoops :p
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Other Games”