TSK Coop Mission 9 Remake r6720

<<

Lady Daenerys

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 29 Mar 2015, 12:44

TSK Coop Mission 9 Remake r6720

My lords and ladies,

Currently I am playing the multiplayer campaign (coöp) of The Shattered Kingdom (Remake r6720) with a friend of mine. The missions are quiet hard, as the scripts of the AI has been improved a thousand times. After a hard battle with the barbarians at mission 8, we are now stuck at mission 9. You know, the map in singleplayer in which purple can be beaten by starving them out as you can go sneak into their camp and destroy their McDonalds and IKEA's? But now, you are directly encircled with his massive armies and towers - so that seems a no go to us.

Even though you have more space compared to the initial singleplayer map, this coop mission seems impossible due the never ending attacks of purple decimating your army to bits and beginning all over again. Approximateley after 50 minutes they start the attacks with 10 minutes between them. The first attacks are not that hard as they only attack you from the east. Later on, they will attack from both sides (the east and northwest).

Our attempt at beating this mission is numerous. We usually try to lure the enemy into a narrow gap between the goldveins and the mountains at the east, so we can shoot his fearsome Knights with crossbowmen and hold the line with pikemen. It pays off most times. But meh, his backup force is huge so he can refill his frontlines in a whim so we never really can push through. And a sneak attack from the back is near impossible, due the standing army north of the mountain of Gold - the overseers such as they are.

Plus, the player located at Location 1 does not have the ability to built a market, whereas player 2 at Location 5 does. As player 1 runs out of gold over time, player 2 can built vineyards and can trade wine for gold/coal like a real Eastern merchant. So what's the haps with that?

Does someone know a tactic for this mission, a gollumly secret to our painful attempt to find a way to destroy our foes? Please let us know, good community of KaM.

High regards,

Lady Daenerys
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 29 Mar 2015, 14:07

Re: TSK Coop Mission 9 Remake r6720

(...)You know, the map in singleplayer in which purple can be beaten by starving them out as you can go sneak into their camp and destroy their McDonalds and IKEA's?
Sorry for offtopic, I don't play/care about singleplayer at all, but thanks for a laugh :D
<<

Lady Daenerys

Serf

Post 29 Mar 2015, 16:20

You're welcome :P.

Update: My friend and I were very sneaky: We placed 6 quarries at the stone mountain of the northern enemy camp, and after 1,5 hour the miners made a way through the mountain and we snug a snuke op her snitch. Barracks and stores destroyed = Northern camp dead. The other camps remained however, as my gold ores were diminishing (no market... it was blocked in the script) I could not defend myself anymore. Now I've taken the liberty to edit the script and unblock the market. There was no other way. Unless... someone?
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 29 Mar 2015, 16:46

I think, that the reason this mission is so hard, is because it hasn't been rebalanced before this release. Maybe unlocking Market for loc 1 will solve the problem :)

I would like to see a replay from one of your attempts, as I have never played this map and now it's hard for me to tell what you could do to beat it :)
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 30 Mar 2015, 05:55

Update: My friend and I were very sneaky: We placed 6 quarries at the stone mountain of the northern enemy camp, and after 1,5 hour the miners made a way through the mountain and we snug a snuke op her snitch. Barracks and stores destroyed = Northern camp dead. The other camps remained however, as my gold ores were diminishing (no market... it was blocked in the script) I could not defend myself anymore. Now I've taken the liberty to edit the script and unblock the market. There was no other way. Unless... someone?
The mission can be won with your initial armies.

I played as SP and reloaded (a few) saves and beat it in 1 hour 9 minutes and 21 seconds. Considering that two players have twice the army that I had, it should still be possible to beat this mission with your initial armies.
cmowla TSK 09 coop (r6720).zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Lady Daenerys

Serf

Post 30 Mar 2015, 14:48

You're playing singleplayer on a coop map? Then how did you get past the (approx.) 16/20 swordsmen, 16/20 knights, 16/20 crossbowmen and 16/20 pikes stationend at every entrance where you go that get replenished as fast as they are killed of with an attack radius of 4 tiles? And the enduring attacks? What is your tactic if I dare ask?

I tried to load your save, but it wont let me start from the mp-lobby somehow.

Looking forward to your reply :D

Edit: I put the files in the sp-map now, I've seen your evidence. That's quiet astonishing, you killed 800+ units with your initial army. I guess you did the lure and fall back thing or what? I'm really wondering how you pulled this off :).
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 30 Mar 2015, 14:53

Edit: I put the files in the sp-map now, I've seen your evidence. That's quiet astonishing, you killed 800+ units with your initial army. I guess you did the lure and fall back thing or what?
Put the three files (.bas, .sav, .rpl) in your saves KaM remake folder. Then you can watch the replay from "Replay Viewer" in r6720 KaM remake.

If you really want to see me play a build and fight coop map that is actually very challenging for me, see "Northern Islands I Coop" in my signature. (See "Invasion" in my signature if you want to see me fight an AI designed for coop, where I didn't reload saves.) You will see that the AI's numbers, productivity, and defense are far superior to TSK 09 coop, but I used roughly the same technique.

It would really be neat to see a replay of two players beating Northern Islands I, but the replay always breaks after a certain part of the game, even if saves are not reloaded. (It must be beaten quickly in order for the script to not break the replay.) It must be the script.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
<<

Lady Daenerys

Serf

Post 30 Mar 2015, 15:37

Thanks, I watched your replay. My mate and I actually tried that kind of tactic, but he came with more units instead of just 1 or 2 forces of 12 units. And the enemy archers shoot down the ' trenches' with 1 single arrow. We must have made a mistake or something. I think I try it again, looks kinda cool. Even though I still think that it is not 'the way it is supposed to be to conquer' thy enemy, if you know what I mean. It's just the silly AI does not destroy the trenches. If they do, you need a more regular way to plow them up.

Again, thank you.
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 30 Mar 2015, 15:48

Thanks, I watched your replay. My mate and I actually tried that kind of tactic, but he came with more units instead of just 1 or 2 forces of 12 units. And the enemy archers shoot down the ' trenches' with 1 single arrow. We must have made a mistake or something. I think I try it again, looks kinda cool.
When you draw out the bowmen (and crossbowmen) with your single crossbowman, you need to make sure you have your single crossbowman OUT OF RANGE at all times. If he is in range of at least one of the pursuing AI ranged units, and you have any units also in range, the AI ranged group will stop pursuing that single crossbowman and start firing on the nearby units. If you have any units by your building fences, there goes those building fences.

In addition, you make sure that you don't kill any crossbowman near your building fences. Yes, even your own arrows can destroy your own building fences, and you will see that I kept all arrows away from building fences.

In addition, you NEVER bring both AI ranged and non-ranged to be slaughtered in between building fences, because, again, as soon as you start attacking a single ranged unit, the group starts firing at your units, which in turn will kill them and destroy your building fences.

It's all about filtering the ranged units from all other AI. Again, I strongly encourage you to watch my Northern Islands I replay, because that replay has "so much theory" behind it.
<<

Lady Daenerys

Serf

Post 31 Mar 2015, 08:22

Thank you for your time to explain it. I´ll certainly watch the replay as soon as I´ve played the mission myself.

Return to “Strategy Central”