Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

The Ultimate Team Tournament (2v2) 2015!

<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 27 Feb 2015, 09:01

Re: The Ultimate Team Tournament (2v2) 2015!

Now, 3. is a really good and simple idea.

Actually, after Paweł's post I remembered that he eventually found a way to stream with OBS with more delay, although my problem with it was that my connection used to crash a lot, and each time it did, the stream didn't continue - which meant losing ~40 minutes of stream (=the amount of delay). I think it'd be nice to have 2 streamers at the same time, if one stream crashes, we can move to the other one, while still keeping the delay. So, I propose to try it out, and if it fails, we can go for 15min delayed streams like in the suggested option 3.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 27 Feb 2015, 12:41

first of all good to see you guys Killionaire & Nibo here, you will be added at the list! :)

Jeronimo, I don't really agree with your arguments, because in my opinion banning isn't an advantage or disadvantage since both teams can ban 3 maps, so banning the first or last map isn't really being something to worry about. (If you and others don't agree please say me why)
The Ultimate Team Tournament
Choosing Map distribution: Minor advantage
Banning last Map: Medium advantage
Picking Locations: Major advantage

The advantage of banning last map, is that they can choose which to play from the last 2 remaining options.
In that context, that means they can pick the safer map or convenient map for their personal tactics.

Situation (current Rule): If the 2 last maps are Wilderness and Eruption... It's logical "higher team" will eliminate Eruption AND immediatly pick North Locs from Wilderness. So it becomes a cheesy unfair picking system.

The Original Rule is balanced, because in that case (between Wilderness or Eruption), the "higher team" eliminates Wilderness and determinates Map distribution for Eruption and then "lower team" picks their locations.
In this last example... If higher team had banned Eruption, they would have been throwing themselves into a disadvantage match at Wilderness.

It calls my attention, that noone at TeamSpeak has seen the potential of banning last map. :(
I have illustrated a clear example of why Original Rule should stay unmodified.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

osveta

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 27 Feb 2015, 13:35

first of all good to see you guys Killionaire & Nibo here, you will be added at the list! :)

Jeronimo, I don't really agree with your arguments, because in my opinion banning isn't an advantage or disadvantage since both teams can ban 3 maps, so banning the first or last map isn't really being something to worry about. (If you and others don't agree please say me why)
The Ultimate Team Tournament
Choosing Map distribution: Minor advantage
Banning last Map: Medium advantage
Picking Locations: Major advantage

The advantage of banning last map, is that they can choose which to play from the last 2 remaining options.
In that context, that means they can pick the safer map or convenient map for their personal tactics.

Situation (current Rule): If the 2 last maps are Wilderness and Eruption... It's logical "higher team" will eliminate Eruption AND immediatly pick North Locs from Wilderness. So it becomes a cheesy unfair picking system.

The Original Rule is balanced, because in that case (between Wilderness or Eruption), the "higher team" eliminates Wilderness and determinates Map distribution for Eruption and then "lower team" picks their locations.
In this last example... If higher team had banned Eruption, they would have been throwing themselves into a disadvantage match at Wilderness.

It calls my attention, that noone at TeamSpeak has seen the potential of banning last map. :(
I have illustrated a clear example of why Original Rule should stay unmodified.
Agreed.

On a different note though: Can we change the gamespeed to a little higher value? We (me and my friends, who are also in this tournament) are not used to it. Gamespeed 1x is just painfully slow and distracting.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 27 Feb 2015, 14:33

just out of curiosity, why do you sign up when the gamespeed is not what you are used to?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 27 Feb 2015, 14:40

On a different note though: Can we change the gamespeed to a little higher value? We (me and my friends, who are also in this tournament) are not used to it. Gamespeed 1x is just painfully slow and distracting.
That's probably not an option, sorry :( The competitive standard settings is peacetime 60min+ x1 speed, because that's the settings kamts.eu TeamSpeak community plays on. I do realize that most of the players on public servers prefer x2 speed. We play x1 because x2 doesn't let you control the city enough. It's hard to explain to someone who doesn't play it :P Even if the first 5 minutes are boring, the next minutes are VERY important - where and how fast you place every building, decides on whether you will have a good base or not.

dicso: maybe because there isn't many x2 speed tournaments. Usually people who want to make tournaments are from TeamSpeak :P
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 27 Feb 2015, 14:57

dicso: maybe because there isn't many x2 speed tournaments. Usually people who want to make tournaments are from TeamSpeak :P
Still no awnser to my question :)
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ultimate Team Tour

Bowman

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 27 Feb 2015, 15:47

@Sado Idk, we only have 2 streamers atm, so if it will work to have 2 streamers at the same time, idk I think indeed my third option could work as well, maybe I could stream also, but I have to look of I have enough time :)

@Jeronimo I just talked again about your points about the banning/choosing systems, but I am going to stay with the rules as they are right now, because I could change it 1000 times, but it will always be unfair in all optional cases.

@Osveta No, I am sorry but I won't change the speed of this tournament, I am sorry for you you don't like the speed, but it's just the way we play. (we= us on TeamSpeak). Maybe there will be another tournament which will contain higher game speed, but not in this one :).

The Ultimate Team Tour
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 27 Feb 2015, 16:41

a different note though: Can we change the gamespeed to a little higher value? We (me and my friends, who are also in this tournament) are not used to it. Gamespeed 1x is just painfully slow and distracting.
Good players play on speeds where micromanagement is possible (and it's not possible on 2.5x...lags make it impossible to squeeze in builder micro before laborers update their tasks). This tournament is meant for this kind of gameplay (pro).
Last edited by Ben on 13 Sep 2021, 14:14, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Made it less harsh :P
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 27 Feb 2015, 17:05

@Jeronimo I just talked again about your points about the banning/choosing systems, but I am going to stay with the rules as they are right now, because I could change it 1000 times, but it will always be unfair in all optional cases.
The Ultimate Team Tour
Alright. It's your decision after all.
However I will keep clear, that this change was absolutely unnecessary and as it is now, is better to be "higher number team".
Not seeing what is obvious about the mechanics in the rules or the game isn't new.

Even in larger social events, like voting a president, you can see a vast majority of persons voting non-sense or backing up what is analytically worse for them.
The "majority" is not synonymous of truth and reason (read "majority" also in TeamSpeak context).
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 27 Feb 2015, 18:32

As far as I know you cannot set delays higher than 900 seconds on OBS unless you have a partnership with Twitch (I'm guessing none of us do?). Seems like live streaming might be a no-go, but live commentary is still possible ;)
You can, you just have to edit the raw file and not trying to edit it in the surface of OBS itself ;-) The developers set a limit in the program, because in their opinion its useless to have such a big delay (They don´t play KaM obviously :P )

If any streamer needs help to set the correct delay or other settings (Bitrate/Quality/Cpu-priority), I can send you an edited txt.file that you just have to paste into your OBS folder. Just pm me

Though like Sado said you need a good PC. You should never get disconnected (Stable internet) and you need to have a bit of RAM. I have 12 GB Ram and a "never disconnecting" internetconnection :D so I was able to teststream 3 complete games with a 60 min delay.

EDIT: For streaming with 1920x1080 , 30 FPS and a decent quality * >6GB RAM might be enough also, don´t worry. My setup was just taken as an example :mrgreen:
* (Probably one of the best settings without being a partner at twitch, so all people can wath it "lagfree")

EDIT2:
Sorry that I "spam" here, but I just thought about one other options for streamers. For all NOT US people: There is an option to Twitch.tv. The popularity is increasing very fast! If you are an unknown streamer, you will get probably the same amount of viewers on this Site (or even more, because there are less streams in total) than on twitch: http://www.hitbox.tv/
This is not an Advertisement, because I get money for it :D Hitbox is a platform that allows to have a 4 seconds delay (which is pretty cool for most streamers that want to talk with the chat) HOWEVER I just found out that it is possible FOR EVERYONE to set a 30 min delay in the settings. So if you have problems in OBS, setting the delay over 15 min, you can just set it to 15 min and set the delay on hitbox to 30 = 45 min delay(still pretty solid)
Just wanted to share this new streaming platform with you, maybe you enjoy streaming there, more :mrgreen:
Last edited by pawel95 on 27 Feb 2015, 18:53, edited 5 times in total.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 27 Feb 2015, 18:35

I have 12 GB RAM also, and usually a very good connection, although lately it's been a day-to-day thing. I will try doing some practice streams before the tournament comes to see how it goes.

Thanks for the help Pawel :) I'll PM you if I have trouble figuring it out ;)
<<

Guyderains

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 27 Feb 2015, 18:36

Hi,

I want to sing up new team:

Guyderains & casimir

Thank you alot!

Guyderains
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 27 Feb 2015, 18:41

Wahooo Guyderains #1! :D

#czechForever (your new team name ;))
<<

Ultimate Team Tour

Bowman

Post 27 Feb 2015, 18:57

Good! very nice Guyderains and Casimir! you've been added to the list! :)
<<

Ultimate Team Tour

Bowman

Post 01 Mar 2015, 14:39

Team Baxi and Katika, this is your last day for making a fourm account, if you don't see any of you 2 made an account i am afraid i am forced to remove you from the tournament. :(
I am sorry, but I want to keep this tournament good organised, so you have to follow the rules :).

The Ultimate Team Tour

Return to “Tournaments”