Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

I want to play!

<<

oldshcooler95

Post 18 Nov 2014, 15:01

I want to play!

Hi there! I cannot believe I finally have found active forum of Knights and Merchants! First of all I'm sorry because it may be an off-topic, but I'm the fresh one here.
I'm 20 years old kid from Poland and when I was super little my older brother used to play Knights and Merchants: The Shattered Kingdom, so do I.
Few years ago (2-3) I reminded those good times playing this game so I decided to download it from piratebay or something like that. It didn't work on my windows 7 but I thought - "I should guessed that. It's a ancient game." - so I installed it on my forgotten, legendary laptop windows XP. It worked fine till suddenly game get crashed. I wasn't mad, but I was when it happened again and again.
I'm pretty sure now there is a something I could do to be able to play Knights and Merchants on win7. At the moment I'm interested mostly in single player camping mode. Can you help me?
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 18 Nov 2014, 17:21

Re: I want to play!

Welcome!

This version should work on Win7:

http://www.gog.com/game/knights_and_mer ... 38107a1f1b

It's from a web store, named gog.com, that sells old games updated to work on modern machines.

And it is currently on sale too! (-50% 2,39€)

Also, after buying the original version ( :P ) you may want to check KaM Remake out:
http://www.kamremake.com/

KaM Remake is a fan-made project that vastly improves on the original KaM and is optimized for multiplayer.
Works fine for singleplayer too, with a few new Campaigns and many new maps, and includes a fully functional Map Editor which also supports scripting.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

oldschooler95

Post 18 Nov 2014, 17:35

Thanks man! Sorry I didn't know I cannot talk here about piracy and stuff. It was so long time ago that I'll never thought it's possible to BUY this game now. And besides I had or even have somewhere now an original game CD scratched a lot ofc. so I though it would be fair enough if I just download it. But less than 3 euros is not a big money and the game is really cool so I will buy it! Thanks a lot. Remake sounds pretty fine. Will try it too :)
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 18 Nov 2014, 17:40

:wink:
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Return to “General Talk”