Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Troop Dispatch and Attack Grayed Out

<<

CalDMint

Post 17 Nov 2014, 14:22

Troop Dispatch and Attack Grayed Out

Good day all.
I just installed KAM Remake. I have steam version of both TSK and TPR.
When I run the KAM Remake my troop dispatch and attack buttons are grayed out. I can't click on them, i can't hot key them. Etc.
This is in the battle tutorial, TSK mission one, TPR mission one.

I am assuming this is something stupid I've not done or some other setup issue and not a bug. Just not sure how to proceed.

Any ideas are welcome.
Thank you.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Nov 2014, 14:41

Re: Troop Dispatch and Attack Grayed Out

i do believe that since you can easy issue movement/attack orders using the right mouse button those buttons are greyed out on purpose (and removed on the beta release). this opens op opportunities to add extra possible ideas without clustering the ui. not sure if that is the reason but it's the best one i can think of. you sir, have done nothing wrong :)
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

CalDMint

Post 17 Nov 2014, 15:15

You sir are my hero. It is the right click to move/attack. New to me for some reason.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Nov 2014, 16:35

it has always been there even in the original :) then you also might want to know that when you hold right click on a part of the land you see a sort of flower popping up, just slide the mouse in one direction (left for example) and let go to make your troops face that way. troop management becomes easier and faster that way :)
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 17 Nov 2014, 17:41

A little bit of trivia: Before the original TSK was released, Joymania released a demo for a portion of the public to test. In this version, you could not issue orders with the mouse buttons. You had to use the command buttons on the UI. Unsurprisingly, this was annoying and suggestions to use the mouse buttons were made. Joymania never took the command buttons out for some reason.
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “General Talk”