Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

After winning TSK mission 20 I get a restart

<<

Maui

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 28 Sep 2014, 08:53

After winning TSK mission 20 I get a restart

Back to playing KaM again after a 10+ years hiatus! Great to see and enjoy the remake.

So, I destroyed the armies of the traitor and won mission 20 of TSK.
When I chose victory and next, after looking at the stats mission 20 is about to start all over again.

Shouldn't I get a happy dance or something? :lol: Isn't there a real ending to this game?

I played the KAM Remake Scripting Demo 5503, GL 2.1.2
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 28 Sep 2014, 14:24

Re: After winning TSK mission 20 I get a restart

Every time, a player wins whole TSK campaign, there's a horse dance in one of multiplayer lobbies. Also, you might not notice that, but serfs are sometimes smiling when you zoom them in.

But seriously, for now there is no ending movie or anything like that. In original TSK there was an outro (Watch it here), but to have something like that in Remake is not easy. Here's short info about videos in Remake. However, it would be nice to see some congatulations screen or epilogue. Or maybe something like that.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 29 Sep 2014, 05:58

Don't forget that you can replay previous missions by clicking on the red flags in the campaign overworld map ;) Try to beat all your previous records (time completed, units lost, etc. :D

If you are looking for something new to do, try The Dark Lord's New Lands (can be downloaded from this forum's database. Link: kamrepos/map.php?id=112) Only missions 1-6 are done for the Remake. I'm not sure what the Remake version is like, but the version for TPR was simply incredible!
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Maui

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 30 Sep 2014, 08:12

Great, I do feel a lot more satisfaction now that I know of the horsedance! :D Trowing someone out of a window does the job too though.

In order to beat my records I'd have to know the old ones. I do have savegames just before victory for all 20 missions. An overview of your score per level would be nice, but I don't suppose there's any in this old school :wink: game right? (?)

I've started the Neryn campagne. After 4 missions I'm positively surprised, even a D-day style beach landing! :mrgreen:

I will keep The Dark Lord's New Lands in mind.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 30 Sep 2014, 09:18

Hi Maui, welcome to our humble and ancient forum. :)
Enjoy The Federation of Neryn!
If you are looking for something new to do, try The Dark Lord's New Lands (can be downloaded from this forum's database. Link: kamrepos/map.php?id=112) Only missions 1-6 are done for the Remake. I'm not sure what the Remake version is like, but the version for TPR was simply incredible!
Thanks Ben. :) Meanwhile mission 7 is also finished, but haven't uploaded it to the map database yet. 8, 9 and 10 aren't far from completion either, but I need siege weapons to truly finish them.
The Remake version will stay as close to the TPR version as possible, except for improved maps and some dynamic scripts (although those are nothing special. However, if siege weapons will never be included I will have to replace mission 14 with a whole new mission, and then I'll make it really special. ;) But lets hope that's not required...).

Return to “General Talk”