Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

My Suggestions

<<

DaXX

Post 27 Sep 2014, 14:02

My Suggestions

Meanwhile the game seems to be more than just a remake. So i think you should go away from the "Remake- status". It is more, it is like a real game. My suggestion is to change it to the follower of TSK and TPR. So here are my suggestions:

- So first the Title should be changed. KaM Remake sounds a little bit like a Fan-Made experiment. Think about a Title that sounds like "The shatterdet Kingdom" or "The Persants Rebellion". Maybe the Title of one of the new campangains.

- Then, there should be a real Programm-Icon, not just this simple KaM-Remake-Icon. I think about a 256x256 Icon.

- Support the old, original KaM-Videos. Maybe they dont have to be downloaded with the game, but they should be played ingame if you copy them from the original game into the game direction of the game.

- I know the problems with the TPR buildings, the townhall and the siege workshop with the units, which were trained in there. But it is like a part of the original, which should not be missing. Please reimplempt them in a form, suitable for the remake

;)
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 27 Sep 2014, 14:08

Re: My Suggestions

First no Why?

Second but who uses 256x256 icons and if you are so angry on this make icon by your self and change it

Third there was something about videos and the kam remake doesn't need them because of size or they don't have code for playing them

Fourth no it will ruin the balance

overall crappy suggestions sorry if that sounds rude
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 27 Sep 2014, 14:24

sorry if that sounds rude
Your entire post is rude.

The guy explains his idea and supports it with suggestions. Why do you feel the need to attack him? :?
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 27 Sep 2014, 14:35

Well let me it better word for it

For videos they aren't needed or lewin don't have code to add support for them

There is no need for thoose and townhall and siege workshop would ruin balance in mp
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 27 Sep 2014, 15:23

ruining balance in mp is not a good argument, that is the reason you rebalance units to fit in the game. just like xbows got nerfed and buffed again and bowmen got buffed and nerfed again, not to mention the shielded unit buff. the main problem is how you produce the units. if the original kam devs made everything go trhough the original barracks we would have had all townhall units already. we'll find a way to get townhall units in the game, even if it take ages to find a solution.

anyway about the title, i believe it is called KaM Remake because it started as a remak of the original kam which is why it is called remake. i doubt the name will ever change, but you are indeed right that the remake has aascended beyond the original game.

no idea about the icon, but for me the current one works fine :D

supporting the old kam videos would be pretty cool, but i have no idea if there is a possibility to code that.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 28 Sep 2014, 02:22

The title "KaM Remake" has become our brand name which everybody recognises, I don't think it would be a good idea to change it now.

Krom and I are programmers, not graphic artists, hence the simple icon. If you can make us a new icon we'd like to see it :)

We did intend to support the videos, but it's never been high on the todo list. The videos would make our installer much bigger, especially because of multiple languages (I assume the video voiceovers were translated in KaM?). The videos also haven't aged well and don't look great on modern 1920x1080 screens, they might not fit with the quality of KaM Remake graphics (the videos would be scaled up significantly).
For videos they aren't needed or lewin don't have code to add support for them
What are you talking about? When we started KaM Remake we didn't have the code to do anything. The whole idea of code is you can write more of it :rolleyes:

Also Michalpl, as T*AnTi-V!RuZz said, your posts on this topic have been very rude for no reason. Please be polite in the future.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 29 Sep 2014, 04:33

@DaXX: Thanks for suggestions! I think Lewin has addressed all of them but the last one.

KaM Remake is a remake of KaM TSK with some good features added from TPR and some invented by us and fans (e.g. Market, MapEd, Scripts, Replays, etc.). Do we need to add everything from TPR into TSK remake - no :)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”