<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 15 Jun 2008, 08:25

Banner Jokes

Hi Everyone,
A lot of people complain about how slow my editor is loading. And they have a good reason to. In 0.5 it takes about 5 minutes to load mission 8 from TSK. I have done many things to improve this and it now only takes 37 seconds. That is still quite slow though, so I thought about how I could fix this. In stead of making loading faster why not make it a more enjoyable experience? My idea is to display a kind of KaM joke image in the loading screen. Every time it shows a different one and I will have 20+ if I can find/make them. This means that once you've finished laughing at the joke it will have loaded.
I managed to find a few on the fansite, but I need more! Please send me your banner images and I'll use them. They must be to do with KaM. i.e. a screenshot, edited as much as you like that is funny. You can have captions/voice bubbles if you like. Put your name on them somewhere, like in the bottom right corner, or in a footer. They can't be too big, I would like them to fit on a 800X600 screen so make sure they are no larger than about 700X700 pixels. They must be in English, I won't provide a version of each one for different languages. Animations are not allowed. They should be something that most people can understand. (i.e. no references to country specific things, like bands or politics) Please look through the fansite in your language. (I can only speak English) I saw some made by The Dark Lord somewhere ("no one ever said fishing was an easy thing") but now I can't find them. :( @TDL: Please send me all the ones you have!
Also, just little KaM facts would be good, or text jokes.
Here is what I've found:

I am sure there must be more, please post them here!
Lewin.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 17 Jun 2008, 13:57

Well I have searched for it, but I can't find them anywhere. Maybe Lucbach has got them somewhere around, otherwise they are gone forever. :wink:

Sorry for my late reply (if you hadn't sent me the mail I probably wouldn't have replied at all). I'm a bit inactive concerning KaM, but now I have hollidays, so who knows...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 18 Jun 2008, 03:15

Hi Joost,
Yes, Lucbach has quite a few of them! (How many did you make BTW?) Some of them are in Polish but I'm sure you can change the text to English easily.
Here you are:
I love that one.

So if you could please rewrite the captions in English then that would be much appreciated! They look quite funny (from just the images) and I'd love to see what they really say. Please tell me if that is not all of them so I can ask Lucbach if he has any more.
I have made a few myself, here is just one of them:
To see the rest, you'll have to wait for the next release of my editor!
I have implemented the code and it works really well. Now I must just make some more images, write some hints and Did you knows etc. for it to display. :wink: (I've have 12 items currently, I want about 40)
@Everyone else: Doesn't ANYBODY else have something to contribute? Even just an idea of an image would be nice, and I'll create it.
Lewin.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 18 Jun 2008, 06:50

Here you are! By the way, I've got a problem with Krom's MapEditor. Since I've got my fathers computer, everything works more smoothly. Except for Krom's MapEditor. It doesn't come above 3 fps. :roll:
Now you must know that this computer is still nearly empty, so it might be possible I'm missing some programs? Does anyone know anything?

And yes, Lucbach has probably more of them. I made 10 in total. It might be possible he is not willing to release them yet, for he has plans with them too.

Edit: Problem solved! I just installed some drivers for my hardware, and now everything is fine. I was already planning to do that, but I thought it would not help in this case, because games work fine and one little program does not. Shows how much I really know about computers, eh? :wink:

Return to “Other Creations”