Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Kam Remake online lang choose and auto package maker

<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 21 Aug 2014, 19:15

Kam Remake online lang choose and auto package maker

That would be nice because you will only download lang that you want, and it will decrease the download time and size.

example 258mb - 91.6mb = 166.4mb (package of eng+polish sound files only)
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 21 Aug 2014, 19:24

Re: Kam Remake online lang choose and auto package maker

I agree with you in one point, in the other NOT.

I don´t agree with the download thing. Lewin and Krom would have to reupload like 15(or even more languages) files serperatly and send, for example for RC testers, 15 different links?! That doesn´t look good and doesn´t make sense really.

Many other games have options while INSTALLING the game, that you can choose the languages you prefer. That´s very nice because in newer games you can save sometimes like 5 GB sound and fontfiles.
HOWEVER in my opinion that isn´t needed for the Remake. Today most of people have like a 250 GB - 2000 GB HDD. I also had to format my whole pc, because my game/movie and university stuffs passed the 1 TB mark. So now think about it. If you have newer games (Ok, maybe you only have KaM on your computer :lol: ) with like 10-20 GB files, such a "old" small game like KaM with 705 Megabytes in total, doesn´t make any difference. Like you wrote that are 90 MB for like how many? 15 languages? Don´t think it´s worth for Lewin and Krom, like I just described at the beginning, to make different links, different packages and update these certain links if one translation in a single language will be changed :mrgreen:
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 21 Aug 2014, 20:04

Pointless on the first thought. Definitely from the player perspective - it's not a difference at all to download 260MB vs 160MB of data. It might make more sense from the server bandwidth side tho; it should't be as scary as Pawel says since it would only mean sounds etc. - texts are "free" in size so they can stay.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 21 Aug 2014, 20:15

Pawel says since it would only mean sounds etc. - texts are "free" in size so they can stay.
That was an example from new big games. Sure in kam the fonts AND the sounds aren´t really big XD

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”