Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Lewin's KaM Text Editor (LIB files)

<<

Merchator

Sword Fighter

Post 24 May 2008, 11:39

Another argument :lol:

If you would allow us to let us talk about kam-files at our german fansite, I guess there will be much more fun for us.
You have put a link to the english/dutch/polish website. (which are talking about missions etc.) So you show us where we can get such "hacking" stuff.

KaM soon becomes 10 years old and I doubt that Zuxxex would get angry with us because we are talking about source of a game which noone cares anymore :roll:

Oh, I guess we should make a "Why KaM-hacking should be allowed" thread, we are flaming lewin's thread here. Sorry for that :D
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 24 May 2008, 14:07

hacker community! :x
<<

harold

Knight

Post 24 May 2008, 14:52

Now now TK, don't be a saint.. it's not like we're hacking World of Warcraft (ok maybe we are, but that's not what we're discussing)
Even if we did, it's not your job to care about it (or is it?)
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 24 May 2008, 16:29

TK, so how do you separate your hacking SR2 and Lewins LIB editor?

Looks like you feeling saint with divine truth reserved for you, everyone else should either worhip you or be treated heretics.

How many coders (including TheBarbarian) you threw out of your KM editing?
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 24 May 2008, 17:25

You say we are hackers... Maybe that is right. But what are you then? A holy angel? You are a hacker as well. SR2 is a gathering of changed settings, which are changed by hacking them. Of course, you did it because you thought it was good. And yes, there are certainly some good things in it. But there are some things I do not agree with. Putting fishes in seas and changing the line of sight of the scout are two of them.
I make a new campaign, because I think that is good. Many people enjoy it, just like they enjoy your patch. It is our job as community to have fun and help each other, not to bargain, argue and offend.

A long time ago I asked you for a tool so we could change briefings and other ingame text. You lied against me, saying you had none. This was the moment you lost most of my respect. I would have respected you more if you would have explained me why you wouldn't give it: Barbarian's wish.
Instead you chose for playing the one who did not know anything about it. About six months later though, you declared at your site that you have one (http://knightsandmerchants.de/include.p ... readid=992). You seemed to be quite proud of it.

In total contrary of the other German people, who would like to talk about this stuff, you changed your site into one which looks like a dictature. There is no freedom of expression, if the subject is scripting. You are the only one who has tools and is able to change things. And you seem to enjoy it, referring to SR2.
Was the Barbarian himself not hacking either? How did he get these tools if he hadn't hacked KaM? None of his tools may be released, but he released a hacking tool himself: the KaM StyleEditor.

No. In my opinion, and the opinion of many others, this does not make sense. Hacking tools are released by the Barbarian, you use his other tools to make SR2, but the unknowing and dumb KaM-community is not allowed to use those tools... Not fitting, not fitting...
<<

JBSnorro

Barbarian

Post 24 May 2008, 17:43

Okay okay, I think he got it now. If all that 'comment' was addressed to me, I'd never dare coming back!
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

Post 24 May 2008, 18:17

Between offering nice little tools to making maps or changes textes and viewing source of game files is a vast difference! You should understand it finally!! Zuxxez is still selling this game worldwide and offering source is still illegal!

I also get a message from Zuxxez long time ago, that these tools must be called unofficial and never show source or hack the game.
There is a difference between only-graphical map editor hacks and show-me-what-includes-a-map-file map editor hack?

From the first second TB and I talking about this problem and we finally have developed the tools in this way, that users never can see the source of game(files). So we never would be get angry with zuxxez.
So I was afraid about this community of public game hacking.

Are you understanding me now?
<<

Krom

Post 24 May 2008, 18:51

Between offering nice little tools to making maps or changes textes and viewing source of game files is a vast difference! You should understand it finally!! Zuxxez is still selling this game worldwide and offering source is still illegal!
There are no tools for viewing KaM source code. There are tools for viewing resource files such as maps, texts, unitstats, scripts. Thats different TK. KaM.exe is untouched.
I also get a message from Zuxxez long time ago, that these tools must be called unofficial and never show source or hack the game.
There is a difference between only-graphical map editor hacks and show-me-what-includes-a-map-file map editor hack?
None calls custom made tools official here nor anywhere. Thats modding rule everyone knows. You call it hacks either way, so whats the difference in your words anyway?
From the first second TB and I talking about this problem and we finally have developed the tools in this way, that users never can see the source of game(files). So we never would be get angry with zuxxez.
So I was afraid about this community of public game hacking.
So now you honestly think that GraphicsReader isn't viewing any KaM sources? Thats my point aswell :) Text scripts are no different from pictures nor texts nor unit stats nor maps.. You see my point?
Keeping KaM alive won't get anyone angry.

KaM modding community sounds quite nice and right.
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

Post 24 May 2008, 19:11

There are no tools for viewing KaM source code. There are tools for viewing resource files such as maps, texts, unitstats, scripts. Thats different TK. KaM.exe is untouched.
No, resource files and exe files are the same, they are crypted. I have asked Joymania for more information about the file format etc and the answer I get was same like knife in neck X(

I know what I say, ...also if you don't want to accept it.
<<

Krom

Post 24 May 2008, 19:51

I think you simply don't understand difference between resources and sources :roll:

When you don't want somebody to do something you call it "sources and hacking" and when you do something you like you call it "SR2 and GraphicsReader". .rx files are crypted. How dare you are to share GraphicsReader? :roll: Same goes for anything you accept from SR2 to maps. I think you bite yourself now. Think of it..
<<

Merchator

Sword Fighter

Post 24 May 2008, 19:59

Dammit, if there wouldn't be such "game hacking" KaM would be death now. Maybe there would be some Onlie-player left, but nothing more. Let's be glad about the fact, that it's still alive.
I don't know if Zuxxez know this forum, but if they do, why they just tell us that we should stop "hacking" the game. It's now know more than 2 years how to make custom missions.
We asked Peter Ohlmann about a year ago, and he said that it's okay if we make new missions or mods. But making mods require the right tools. And this tools you can find here.

And now let's stop arguing and be happy :)
<<

harold

Knight

Post 24 May 2008, 20:52

Yes, let's be happy, especially for Lewins tool - it's cool!

And by the way, the best-encrypted part of K&M are the missions, and XOR 0xEF isn't really a strong encryption.. the executable is not encrypted, nor should it be - if it were, the decrypter would have to be inside it in un-encrypted form, otherwise your CPU wouldn't know what to do (it wouldn't even realize that it didn't know, and try to execute garbage).
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

Post 24 May 2008, 21:26

You know my opinion, more I don't say.

<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 25 May 2008, 06:20

How nice of you to place a picture of yourself...

Shall we go back ontopic? It is an endless discussion anyway.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 25 May 2008, 07:50

Hi everyone.
Man this forum really needs a moderator!!! This is a topic about my lib editor, not kam hacking!
Please, stay on topic.
I have received NO feedback on version 0.6, indeed, I don't think anyone even noticed it you were so busy arguing!
My opinion:
I have seen the best reasons for hacking kam explained on this thread but TK still hasn't changed his mind. Give up!! We can't change his mind and he can't stop my tools. I have many things I would like to tell TK but it is like bashing my head against the wall so I will give up.

I agree TDL, I lost my respect for the knight a long time ago. His fansite feels like it is dictated and controlled with no freedom to the users. (I'll probably get myself banned for saying that but who cares)
How nice of you to place a picture of yourself...
Yeah, it's funny, you never really imagine what people on the 'net look like... I thought TK was heaps older than that! This explains a lot....

So please, start a new thread if you must. I really want to know what you think of 0.6. It hasn't many changes but surely someone can find a bug in them!
Keep up the great hacking guys!
Lewin.

Return to “Other Creations”