Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Release candidate

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 10 Jul 2014, 13:15

Re: Release candidate

Good post Tiank. This already was a bug in the Winter Tournament Beta, Lewin. Maybe this info will help you :P I forgot to report his bug :$
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 10 Jul 2014, 15:41

Spectators can be ready without downloading the map :O If the host sets a new map, and spectator doesn't have this map, spectator's status won't be reset to "not ready". Host still can start the game but will get an error...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 10 Jul 2014, 15:50

If the host sets a new map, and spectator doesn't have this map, spectator's status won't be reset to "not ready".
The rest is a bug. But this quote shows nothing wrong, if I am correct. We had an idea here to let spectators be ready like most of the time, because mostly in ts games when you spectate, press ready and go to do some work (because you are instersted in after PT game, mostly). The host sets another map, other PT or whatever and you are not ready again. So you will get kicked for nothing. Same with return to lobby. If the players decide to return to lobby, you are ready also, in thie Release for the same Reason. You are afk as a spectator, but one guy lost connection or deleted his storehosue instead of building a school :P so you will get kicked also.
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

Post 10 Jul 2014, 16:03

yep, but is it ok that you can start the game WITHOUT map? :P

well another bug found: set a building map, set peacetime and change map type to Fighting. Set any fighting map. Peacetime will be reset to 0 but only in the lobby, not in game settings... and you still can't move your soldiers :D
edit: ah those unwalkable tiles on Ambushed... maybe fix them? :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 10 Jul 2014, 16:38

yep, but is it ok that you can start the game WITHOUT map? :P
I wrote, that Everything what you wrote EXCEPT my quotation, is a bug.
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

Post 10 Jul 2014, 18:49

noticed one more bug (sorry, no screenshot): join the "save" lobby, choose someone's location and then become spectator. There can be 2 players with the same flag color then [you and those who should play on that loc] (happend once for me).
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 11 Jul 2014, 07:57

Not sure if it suppose to be like that, but when refreshing the server list with an open server with players (even if they've quit), dots on player list are visible
Fixed, thank you :)
Spectators can be ready without downloading the map :O If the host sets a new map, and spectator doesn't have this map, spectator's status won't be reset to "not ready". Host still can start the game but will get an error...
I also noticed this one the other day when testing with Dicso. It's on the todo list.
well another bug found: set a building map, set peacetime and change map type to Fighting. Set any fighting map. Peacetime will be reset to 0 but only in the lobby, not in game settings... and you still can't move your soldiers :D
Fixed it, thanks for reporting :)
edit: ah those unwalkable tiles on Ambushed... maybe fix them? :D
Also fixed.
noticed one more bug (sorry, no screenshot): join the "save" lobby, choose someone's location and then become spectator. There can be 2 players with the same flag color then [you and those who should play on that loc] (happend once for me).
I also saw that the other day, but I forgot about it :P Now I've added it to the todo list.
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 11 Jul 2014, 12:12

When I click on a soldier when I zoomed out a bid it gives the discription of a serf and not the discription of the soldier, when I zoom in it returns back to normal...
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 11 Jul 2014, 13:40

When I click on a soldier when I zoomed out a bid it gives the discription of a serf and not the discription of the soldier, when I zoom in it returns back to normal...
That's already fixed, thanks for reporting :)
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 13 Jul 2014, 12:46

Not sure if it is a bug, but when AI has recruits prepared in the barracks at the start of mission then it isn't training recruits for towers (found when improving my map in RC1)
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 13 Jul 2014, 13:01

Not sure if it is a bug, but when AI has recruits prepared in the barracks at the start of mission then it isn't training recruits for towers (found when improving my map in RC1)
Set the AI's "recruits per barracks" to at least the number of recruits in their barracks at the start, then they will train recruits for the towers. You shouldn't give the AI more than this number of recruits. The AI doesn't check whether towers are occupied, it just maintains enough recruits for their towers/barracks (based on recruits per barracks).
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 13 Jul 2014, 13:15

Ok, thanks

Found something else:
Some minor bug in MapEd:
text bug.jpg
And folder with screenshots is called "screenshots", it has to be "Screenshots" like other folders with first capital letters.
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

xavierko

Post 14 Jul 2014, 04:28

The multiplayer mode can't save the game. I played with my friends, my friend do not have any save file after i save. We can't use the save file we create but just autosave file can use only..
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 14 Jul 2014, 05:40

That's a new feature of the game. If you want to load a save, your friend has to download thr save from you bia the Gamelobby. If you don't want to continue a saved game, but just need the saves for other things, each player has to make a save on their own.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 14 Jul 2014, 06:02

Found something else:
Some minor bug in MapEd:
text bug.jpg
Good point, it was too short for long map names, I've made it longer.
And folder with screenshots is called "screenshots", it has to be "Screenshots" like other folders with first capital letters.
The data folder is lower case. Also, who cares ;)
The multiplayer mode can't save the game. I played with my friends, my friend do not have any save file after i save. We can't use the save file we create but just autosave file can use only..
As pawel said that's intended. Creating the save file on every client was an ugly solution where players ended up with a lot of save files created by other people that they did not want. Now saves are created locally and can be transferred. You are in full control of your list of multiplayer saves.

Return to “General / Questions”